2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So I do think people do really need to let the idea go that we’re trading Becton. It’s not happening. This regime drafted him. He missed a year. So what. Everyone gives up on a guy after 1 year? Are we not acting like he was a great rookie? Are we also not acting like Fant exceeded expectations last year and never has played that good. That Fant isn’t 29 and in the last year of his deal? The guy knows what’s at stake. He shows up poorly this year… then we can talk about moving him. We draft Ikem… and I think we wait until camp to do anything. See what shape Becton is in, etc. If a team loses a OT and a Becton and Ikem look good… then I think we trade Fant for probably WAY more than he’s worth.

Woukd I rather see us just draft a DE at 4? 100% but not if it’s not Hutch or Kayvon.

I would not be so sure. This regime did NOT draft him. Joe Douglas did...with Gase' staff and some older scouts. Saleh has nothing to do with him and may not feel nearly as tied to him as we think. Great GMs can admit when things just aren't working out. Yea he missed a year and the coaching staff has criticized his conditioning and weight. Where there is smoke there is fire. This is not a draft day smoke screen. They aren't thrilled with him and its very obvious. Might happen, might not, but I feel like it has definitely be talked about in that front office without question.

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

I would be gutted if we traded Becton away. He’s a year removed from having all star LT potential and obviously was hurt all of last year. Let him get back healthy and dominant. 

Well that was 2 years away and he showed up to camp in meh shape and got dominated on daily basis by Carl Lawson and got beat numerous times in limited preseason snaps. 

44 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Well that was 2 years away and he showed up to camp in meh shape and got dominated on daily basis by Carl Lawson and got beat numerous times in limited preseason snaps. 

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

In all seriousness I’m not giving up on Becton. He has the traits and talent to be an all pro LT. Let him come back next year healthy and joining a much better o-line than he had in his rookie year. 

If the Jets trade Becton it just speaks volumes of how he has fallen. We don't communicate and see Becton on a day to day basis as fans.  I think everyone understands it's not ideal to trade a young player and use a premium pick to fill his spot when we have other big holes but if we do go that route it's all about the importance of the position and how ****ty Becton must really look. Protecting and making Wilson better is paramount. If they don't think Becton can be relied upon I think Douglas will go BPA (If lets say Ickey is way ahead of whoever is left at #4 on their board) and go try and win another trade. I was never a fan of the Fant signing at the time and he is pretty much a one year wonder but I do believe the Jets see him as a long term piece. They'll make him earn a bigger contract with another repeat performance but Wilson not progressing is the only way this regime all gets fired. If they don't think Becton can stay on the field and be consistent for an entire season don't be surprised if he's gone. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Trust me I'm hoping we just take KT over Ickey or Neal at #4 because that means they do have some confidence in Becton. 

3 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

No wonder our draft is already feeling f’d up lol

Ugh.... Not what I want to read.  Between Dolan, Wilpon, Johnson and the literal conman that against bought the Islanders I've had my fill of terrible owners.

9 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Ugh.... Not what I want to read.  Between Dolan, Wilpon, Johnson and the literal conman that against bought the Islanders I've had my fill of terrible owners.

At least one of them sold ¯\_(ツ)_/¯