2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

A few things.

1. Woody is probably getting involved by being in the war room. I think he is getting a little upset about his product. He says out and they have been in the top 4 pick last 2 years. Then you add the first round guys not being blue chip guys like Becton and Q. This guys should be studs by now and have nothing to show but flashes. The media ran with this. 

2. I don't think KT is on our big board. I don't think he is in the top 10. Too many teams have soured on him weeks before all this. He will fall and fall big time like end of the first round. 

3. Why the heck would you trade a ton of capital for Deebo. I don't think he is worth the 10 over all pick. I don't see JD giving up 10 unless it is a trade down for next years first and this year first. This draft is weak and JD knows it. 

4. With just over 36 hours left until draft day rumors and smokescreens will be all over.

So an idea I can warm up to is actually taking Johnson at 4. And there’s only 1 way I like that idea. And that’s if we draft Williams at 10. I’ve stated that if KT is gone that I actually like the idea of drafting Williams at 4 to guarantee us the top WR rather than hoping he’s there at 10. And then I actually liked the idea of drafting Johnson at 10. If it was reversed… does it really matter? No. 

Did anyone catch the KT interview on NFL Network last night. It was really interesting. I can see how this guy is confusing GMs and scouts. He doesn’t speak in sports clichés and just has a laid back confidence. Not a run through the wall rah rah guy at all. I’m sure a lot of old school football guys around the league are dropping him down their boards because of his demeanor, body language and his off field interest.  

I think if would be a huge mistake if the Jets pass on this guy. But I’m afraid he’s not enough “all gas no brakes” for Saleh. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Did anyone catch the KT interview on NFL Network last night. It was really interesting. I can see how this guy is confusing GMs and scouts. He doesn’t speak in sports clichés and just has a laid back confidence. Not a run through the wall rah rah guy at all. I’m sure a lot of old school football guys around the league are dropping him down their boards because of his demeanor, body language and his off field interest.  

I think if would be a huge mistake if the Jets pass on this guy. But I’m afraid he’s not enough “all gas no brakes” for Saleh. 

I think there is a huge disconnect between old school football guys and Thibs.  He has a different mindset and personality, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Plus his success will lead him to an even better brand name.  NY would be his biggest platform.  I'm not worried about him, I'm worried about him being drafted before 4.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m going to continue to believe that Douglas wouldn’t let anything leak out but I’m not feeling good about things right now.

Ya my thoughts as well. Although I wouldn’t hate drafting Ikem or Johnson. Just not my favs

If we give up Elijah Moore and a first for Deebo I just might have to become a 49ers fan instead. And I can't stand Kyle Shanahan's stupid flat hats, so that's going to be really annoying.

I can live with giving up #10, but anything more is a terrible deal. Deebo is great but at this point I'd probably rather keep going drafting guys. We have 4 picks in the first two rounds. You'd have to try pretty hard to not get some great players there. Not to mention that Moore is looking like one of our best draft picks in years and is dirt cheap.

There are 16 teams in the AFC. It would be a miracle if we were the 10th best team this year, even with Deebo. Keep drafting and developing.

They say we are just going to give up on Becton and trade him? Idk about that. His rookie season he rated better than Fant did in his career year. I feel like we have to give him this season to see if he can stay healthy, because if he can he is a beast on the field. His upside is immense.  

19 minutes ago, TheChad said:

If we give up Elijah Moore and a first for Deebo I just might have to become a 49ers fan instead. And I can't stand Kyle Shanahan's stupid flat hats, so that's going to be really annoying.

I can live with giving up #10, but anything more is a terrible deal. Deebo is great but at this point I'd probably rather keep going drafting guys. We have 4 picks in the first two rounds. You'd have to try pretty hard to not get some great players there. Not to mention that Moore is looking like one of our best draft picks in years and is dirt cheap.

There are 16 teams in the AFC. It would be a miracle if we were the 10th best team this year, even with Deebo. Keep drafting and developing.

I don't think you have to worry about it. I haven't really noticed a big push toward Deebo being traded. I feel like the 49ers asking price is pretty astronomical and I doubt that the Jets would meet it. I think the 49ers just really don't want to trade him and are gambling that after the draft he'll realize he's not going to get moved any time soon so he'll come back to the negotiating table. I really just think that it hit him in the feels about not getting his offer right away and the initial starting point was probably much lower than he thought and he took offense to it. 

• Like 1

Are you guys thinking that 35 and 38 are your sweet spot for receiver, or do you think there's a chance you still take one at 10? 

Did you guys meet with Linderbaum at all, or is your center situation good? 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Are you guys thinking that 35 and 38 are your sweet spot for receiver, or do you think there's a chance you still take one at 10? 

10 is definitely for a WR and yes we’ve met with Linderbaum

I think the ideal would be edge rusher at 4 and WR at 10, but if Hutch/Walker are both gone then I could see Ekwonu or Gardner at 4. If that’s the case then 10 is probably Johnson or a WR. Personally, in that scenario, I would probably go Wilson/Williams at 10 and then trade back into the first round for Karlaftis. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they will take one of the 1st round wr’s, they met with all the projected 1st rounders like Wilson, Williams, London etc, but met with none of the projected day 2 guys like Dotson, Pickens etc

Linderbaum they met with at the combine, but no private visit.  Connor McGovern is solid, but If Linderbaum was on the board somehow at 35, might be too much to pass on

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

History would say we target a receiver in the 2nd but value wise along with us having a 2nd first it makes sense to target one at 10. For example if we didn’t trade up for AVT last year we were gonna pick Moore at 23.

We did meet with Linderbaum, twice I think. McGovern is in the last year of his deal so maybe Douglas looks to go younger there while also upgrading. 

• Like 1