2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Maybe I am just crazy but how has Ekwonu passed Neal as the best OT in this draft. Neal may not have the nastiness in the run game but his technique is pass blocking is ten times better than Ekwonu. People calling Ekwonu the best player in the draft are clueless this dude is rawer than Mekhi was coming out by far. 

13 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Linderbaum they met with at the combine, but no private visit.  Connor McGovern is solid, but If Linderbaum was on the board somehow at 35, might be too much to pass on

I think he will be, that's why I was curious. The Jags need a center pretty badly, but I definitely think that's a situation where Baalke would be out based on arm length lol 

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Maybe I am just crazy but how has Ekwonu passed Neal as the best OT in this draft. Neal may not have the nastiness in the run game but his technique is pass blocking is ten times better than Ekwonu. People calling Ekwonu the best player in the draft are clueless this dude is rawer than Mekhi was coming out by far. 

I don’t see the rawness. But as much as JD likes the gigantic mauler type… that’s a injury prone player. This was a big reason I didn’t want Becton 2 years ago and wanted Wirfs. A crazy athletic guy that’s gigantic sounds good. But it’s hard at that size to stay healthy. Neal is very large. Not quite Becton large… but large. I’m not gonna sit here and lie to you that Ikem > Neal bc I think that’s splitting hairs. But Ikem I see as the safer player bc he’s less of an injury risk.

Furthermore…. This is a big reason I also want nothing to do with Penning. So what? We can have 2 gigantic OTs that are often injured bc of being freaks size and mobility size.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t see the rawness. But as much as JD likes the gigantic mauler type… that’s a injury prone player. This was a big reason I didn’t want Becton 2 years ago and wanted Wirfs. A crazy athletic guy that’s gigantic sounds good. But it’s hard at that size to stay healthy. Neal is very large. Not quite Becton large… but large. I’m not gonna sit here and lie to you that Ikem > Neal bc I think that’s splitting hairs. But Ikem I see as the safer player bc he’s less of an injury risk.

Furthermore…. This is a big reason I also want nothing to do with Penning. So what? We can have 2 gigantic OTs that are often injured bc of being freaks size and mobility size.

I feel ya, i want nothing to do with Penning either he is a penalty machine. Neal looked lean AF at the combine. That dude is working. He looked like a clean 335-340. Becton has never looked that in shape. I also wanted Wirfs very badly. I just dont trust Ekwonu's pass blocking just yet. Well see. Just hope we dont even have to go down this route. 

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

That is how my board is right now. I'm feeling better and better that Hutch might be there at 4. I think Icky goes 1 tho.

1. jags Icky

2. Lions Walker

3. Texans - Neal/Garnder/Stingley

4. Jets Hutch

A lot of scouts and a few GM's are scared off with his short arms for a guy 6' 7". I think his arms are only 32 inches with that massive frame. They also feel that he is pretty much at his ceiling. He can improve but not by much. Sometimes what you wish for can hurt you too. I'm willing to take the risk. 

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I feel ya, i want nothing to do with Penning either he is a penalty machine. Neal looked lean AF at the combine. That dude is working. He looked like a clean 335-340. Becton has never looked that in shape. I also wanted Wirfs very badly. I just dont trust Ekwonu's pass blocking just yet. Well see. Just hope we dont even have to go down this route. 

I think he is going to be a STUD. I have him above Neal right now. The guy just manhandles everyone. I don't think he will get that many flags. He power and strength are the best in the draft. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think he is going to be a STUD. I have him above Neal right now. The guy just manhandles everyone. I don't think he will get that many flags. He power and strength are the best in the draft. 

He was literally one of the most penalized OTs in football and he is nowhere near the ability of Neal this is just silly. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If he falls to us, I love the idea of picking Raimann in the 2nd. He is perfect for our OT situation and allows us to get our WR & DE in the first. 

He’s even older than Nathan Shepherd was when he was drafted. 

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Well if you look at our OL as a whole… they’re better pass blockers than run blockers. So having a combo isn’t the worst thing