2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If he had Davis and Moore during that stretch how much better does he play? That’s the part we don’t know. 

And he did play good, only “bad” game was Buffalo and even that one wasn’t terrible.

I’m a Davis, Moore and Carter fan. So I’m by no means bashing them. But facts are that the 3 of them did nothing last year for them to be considered reliable threats. Can they? 100% bc all 3 have the talent to do so. But it hasn’t translated to where we can trust it and rely on it and defenses have to prepare for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

From what I’ve heard we will use the committee approach as back so there won’t be a feature back or 3 down back. Hopefully Ty Johnson never runs another route for us.

Barkley is intriguing because I think he’d thrive in a role where he isn’t accumulating massive amounts of touches. 

Agreed. 

Keeps both backs fresh, but I see it becoming a nightmare for our division to stop. Pats & Bills were the top-2 defenses in the league for points allowed, but neither of them are in the top-10 for stopping the run. It creates a great spot to attack. 

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Giants open to trading Barkley. Would you offer something for him?

Conditional 2023 pick depending on snaps?

I once loved Saquon Barkley coming out of Penn State and his first two years in NYG were beast mode incredible but unfortunately in 2021 last year he looked like a shell of his former self before his 2020 ACL injury. 

Michael Carter = 183 touches for 964 Offensive Yards (rushing/receiving combined) and 5.3 yards per touch. 

Saquon Barkley = 203 Offensive Touches for 856 Offensive Yards (rushing/receiving combined) and 4.2 yards per touch. 

He's a free agent after 2022s season so I'd rather wait to see how he looks this year and if he explodes? Go after him next offseason in order to create an electric 1-2 punch @ RB. 

Michael Carter is @ his absolute peak best once being featured alongside of an A+ running mate. Which is why he ranked #4 in NCAA Rushing Yards and #1 in the Country in Yards Per Carry (8.0 ypc) while coming out of UNC; and his RB partner in crime (who he split 50/50 carries with) was Javonte Williams who's an absolute dog (and who did most of the scoring of TDs inside the Red Zone for UNC).

If we truly want to feature Michael Carter alongside of another playmaker to create an electric Thunder/Lightning backfield we should go after one of either Breece Hall, Isaiah Spiller, Kenneth Walker III, Kyren Williams or Tyler Allgeier during the 3rd round (at least one will be available).

With that said if we could steal Saquon Barkley for one of our two 5th rounds picks? I'm all for it because as a 2nd option behind Michael Carter you just never know; he could return to superstar status (and might've just been shaking off his rust last season). 

35 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Came across this shortly after my post. I'm really liking this idea. AR, Davis, Moore, and a new TE could be great together. That could be challenging for defenses to cover them and watch Carter. 

Would be fun. AR should hit free agency, I wonder what his price would be.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Would be fun. AR should hit free agency, I wonder what his price would be.

Yeah, that's the question. I don't see a contract too high, but he won't come cheap. I think the top dollar will go to Adams or Godwin if they both hit the market. Also, teams that are looking for value may go with Juju, Williams. and others like him. It really depends on what he's looking for. I think he's going to get a 3 year deal with about $12-15M a year. that puts him around landry and Thielen's cap hit. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, that's the question. I don't see a contract too high, but he won't come cheap. I think the top dollar will go to Adams or Godwin if they both hit the market. Also, teams that are looking for value may go with Juju, Williams. and others like him. It really depends on what he's looking for. I think he's going to get a 3 year deal with about $12-15M a year. that puts him around landry and Thielen's cap hit. 

Reports are saying Godwin and Adams are both staying put. 3 years for 12-15M is worth it because he’s better than Davis but I’m wondering how much Douglas wants to allocate to the WR position with needs on the Line and at TE and obviously defense. 

Im thinking more a mid tier free agent, Berrios and another rookie with Mims getting another chance to compete. Wouldn’t be surprised if Cole comes back either. The combination of that group would cost less than AR AAV wise.

38 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

My guy

Dont talk about it be about it. Instead of posting about the work you are doing, show up to OTAs in the best shape of your life and let it show for itself. All those other criticism are warranted because even the HC was not happy with his work ethic and physical condition. Nobody just started making this up. Have a chip on your shoulder all you want, but at the end of the day the only one stopping Big Bect is himself. We will see what happens when he gets to camp. I want him to be a an absolute beast, but having doubts is absolutely warranted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m a Davis, Moore and Carter fan. So I’m by no means bashing them. But facts are that the 3 of them did nothing last year for them to be considered reliable threats. Can they? 100% bc all 3 have the talent to do so. But it hasn’t translated to where we can trust it and rely on it and defenses have to prepare for it. 

Judge their ability and talent and find a way to make them consistently good. That’s what quality teams do. 

If not we repeat the same cycle over and over and over again. Consistency is so important. 

If we have a core of say 3 WR, 2 RB and 2 TE then that’s 7 weapons to attack defenses with. I think we have 3 pieces already in house and under contract with Davis, Moore and Carter.

37 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Reports are saying Godwin and Adams are both staying put. 3 years for 12-15M is worth it because he’s better than Davis but I’m wondering how much Douglas wants to allocate to the WR position with needs on the Line and at TE and obviously defense. 

Im thinking more a mid tier free agent, Berrios and another rookie with Mims getting another chance to compete. Wouldn’t be surprised if Cole comes back either. The combination of that group would cost less than AR AAV wise.

After this season, Davis has a kill switch in his contract. So we may not have to worry about the amount of money there after 2022. Definitely something that could play a factor though. 

I can see JD making one big move financially and then filling the other needs with decent contracts until the draft. If we sign AR, draft a TE & RG early, will be good. Then use the other early picks to find 1-2 defensive players we can build around for years. 

I honestly don't think Mims will be back. 

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Dont talk about it be about it. Instead of posting about the work you are doing, show up to OTAs in the best shape of your life and let it show for itself. All those other criticism are warranted because even the HC was not happy with his work ethic and physical condition. Nobody just started making this up. Have a chip on your shoulder all you want, but at the end of the day the only one stopping Big Bect is himself. We will see what happens when he gets to camp. I want him to be a an absolute beast, but having doubts is absolutely warranted. 

Not to mention what he just posted is freaking push ups and TRX rows lol. Good trainers out there have guys like Dontari Poe doing chin ups at 300+ lbs or getting these big offensive linemen to do Split Squats to stretch their hips, knees and ankles so they can handle the wear and tear better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

After this season, Davis has a kill switch in his contract. So we may not have to worry about the amount of money there after 2022. Definitely something that could play a factor though. 

I can see JD making one big move financially and then filling the other needs with decent contracts until the draft. If we sign AR, draft a TE & RG early, will be good. Then use the other early picks to find 1-2 defensive players we can build around for years. 

I honestly don't think Mims will be back. 

With the depth issues we experienced last year I could see him investing into multiple pieces over one big move. 

I wouldn’t move Mims unless some value was given in return. I can’t see a team giving up much so I’d rather keep him and see if the click switches on for him.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

With the depth issues we experienced last year I could see him investing into multiple pieces over one big move. 

I wouldn’t move Mims unless some value was given in return. I can’t see a team giving up much so I’d rather keep him and see if the click switches on for him.

I can see that, but it depends on who it is. I think we will see a big contract and the rest of the money spread out. Some of the picks will be depth a lot. Unless we trade for Hunter, I can see it happening on the offensive side. 

Adding a WR who is only as good as Davis isn't going to help a lot. He's not bad, but he's a #2. We don't know how good Moore actually is. I think we need someone that can get us 1,000+yds. The only teams I've seen do well with 800-900yd WRs had great defenses. I don't know if a group of average WRs would help Wilson become a good QB.