2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I can see that, but it depends on who it is. I think we will see a big contract and the rest of the money spread out. Some of the picks will be depth a lot. Unless we trade for Hunter, I can see it happening on the offensive side. 

Adding a WR who is only as good as Davis isn't going to help a lot. He's not bad, but he's a #2. We don't know how good Moore actually is. I think we need someone that can get us 1,000+yds. The only teams I've seen do well with 800-900yd WRs had great defenses. I don't know if a group of average WRs would help Wilson become a good QB. 

I don’t think, outside of Adams hitting FA, there is a clear upgrade over Davis available. AR is talented but he isn’t coming off of a great or even good season. Then you look at the trade market and you have Thomas, who we haven’t seen a while or Metcalf, who isn’t a fit at all or Cooper who’s Probably the most available or Ridley, we know what his issue is. 

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think, outside of Adams hitting FA, there is a clear upgrade over Davis available. AR is talented but he isn’t coming off of a great or even good season. Then you look at the trade market and you have Thomas, who we haven’t seen a while or Metcalf, who isn’t a fit at all or Cooper who’s Probably the most available or Ridley, we know what his issue is. 

I think you're kind of misunderstanding some of us. I can only speak for myself... but I absolutely love the picks of Moore and Carter.

Carter is closer to a legit weapon than that of Moore. And that's pretty much bc Carter had 183 touches to Moore's 48. Carter rushed for 640yds and 4tds. Now that wasn't him starting all season and he missed a few games. I stated from the day the season ended, that I think he can be an great back. And when I say great back, I mean pro bowl category. He also added 36rec for 325yds. We knew he was a big threat in the passing game. He is a legit 3 down back. And should get the bulk of the carries. Yes we run a system that doesn't just stay with 1 back, so he will have to allow someone to mix in with him. But never the less, he should be a feature back with us going forward. So I'm optimistic he can be a legit weapon for us.

Moore missed 6 games and had a very slow start to his career. But the middle of the season (actually when Wilson was out) is when he started hitting his stride. And then he got injured when Wilson came back. So the optimistic view point is that he can be that WR and even more in the sample size of those 5-6 games he was a legit option for us. And I lean toward that being the player he is. But a player looking good for 5-6 games isn't enough for me to categorize them as a weapon for us.

Health was an issue with both of these guys and we have to hope that that isn't a trend with them.

So I think what the misunderstanding is that you're looking at these guys as weapons. When I look at them as weapons, but far from a proven weapon. They're guys that have all the tools and had flashes, but aren't every game weapons for us. That hopefully changes this upcoming season. But until we seem them week in and week out performing at a high level... they're just young players progressing.

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think you're kind of misunderstanding some of us. I can only speak for myself... but I absolutely love the picks of Moore and Carter.

Carter is closer to a legit weapon than that of Moore. And that's pretty much bc Carter had 183 touches to Moore's 48. Carter rushed for 640yds and 4tds. Now that wasn't him starting all season and he missed a few games. I stated from the day the season ended, that I think he can be an great back. And when I say great back, I mean pro bowl category. He also added 36rec for 325yds. We knew he was a big threat in the passing game. He is a legit 3 down back. And should get the bulk of the carries. Yes we run a system that doesn't just stay with 1 back, so he will have to allow someone to mix in with him. But never the less, he should be a feature back with us going forward. So I'm optimistic he can be a legit weapon for us.

Moore missed 6 games and had a very slow start to his career. But the middle of the season (actually when Wilson was out) is when he started hitting his stride. And then he got injured when Wilson came back. So the optimistic view point is that he can be that WR and even more in the sample size of those 5-6 games he was a legit option for us. And I lean toward that being the player he is. But a player looking good for 5-6 games isn't enough for me to categorize them as a weapon for us.

Health was an issue with both of these guys and we have to hope that that isn't a trend with them.

So I think what the misunderstanding is that you're looking at these guys as weapons. When I look at them as weapons, but far from a proven weapon. They're guys that have all the tools and had flashes, but aren't every game weapons for us. That hopefully changes this upcoming season. But until we seem them week in and week out performing at a high level... they're just young players progressing.

I think Moore and Carter can be really good too. I just think Moore big problem is health. I have a feeling he is going to be like a Percy Harvey type guy. Carter I see no problem with him being a 3 down back if we need him to be. 

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm not sure about that. Davis was looked at as a bad draft pick until Henry & Brown arrived. His best season never hit 1k. AR did it multiple times including the year before last. His decline would actually put him down to Davis' level. 1 rough season playing 12 games isn’t enough for me to say he can't have another big season.  

I think some people over think how WRs fit in systems.  The only major difference with us is the coaches want WRs to play in and outside. DK has lined in the slot plenty of times. At the end of the day, you have to be able to get open and catch. It's rare that a good WR who can do those things can't fit in a system.  

Our coaches didn't have much of a say in the roster decisions in the offseason in San Fran. So it's going to be interesting to see who they actually go for. Before the draft, people questioned if guys like Carter or Moore could fit because they didn't have similar styles to those in SF. 

I have been reading a lot of reports that the Jets want a true #1 CB and will add one. They are tired of the CB not getting INTS. We have a bunch of low 2's and 3's for CB. The name that keeps popping up is JC Jackson from the Pats. This would almost be like the Pats taking Gilmore from the Bills years ago. If we don't land a 1 CB you can almost bet that pick 4 or 10 will be a CB. I think Stingley or Gardner will be a Jet. 

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don't want to trade draft capitol on WR's when we can get one for the next 4-5 years at a minimum. Besides outside of a true game changer if a team is trading someone with game changing potential bottom feeders like the Jets have no realistic chance of landing them. A playoff contender would be the most likely landing spot.

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sounds like a true CB 1 is what they really want with those reports and now this to build the D. 

It's the best thing to do. We don't have anyone on defense we can even bet on starting for us in 2023. 

When they decided to keep the entire coaching staff after ranking last, I had a feeling they believed it was a talent issue.  

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

we were 32nd last year lmao...were are as far as we could possibly be 

I think getting Lawson back and some progression from some of our young guys will help right off the bat. Throw in a couple premium assets thrown there and I think it will be a good unit

Just now, Dr.O said:

I think getting Lawson back and some progression from some of our young guys will help right off the bat. Throw in a couple premium assets thrown there and I think it will be a good unit

LOL I know I agree I was just breaking balls. Hope Lawson comes back 100%.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not misunderstanding anything. You guys mostly look at things from one side. 

Player X wasn’t as great as I think he needs to be so I cannot classify him as X because of this. 

In that case we have zero weapons anywhere on the team because we can literally use that theory on every single player up and down the roster.

Every free agent you desire or player from another team you compare them to started exactly where Davis, Moore and Carter were. Those teams didn’t just replace those guys, they developed them. 

The investments into those guys whether it’s money or the draft pick says they’re foundational pieces. Of course we have to add to them but they’re not getting replaced unless they don’t produce, which all 3 have shown at some point last season that they can.