2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Love it! I had the feeling but they confirmed it for me. 

Thank God they know what they’re doing. This offense only madness among the fan base was starting to scare me because counting on your offense to outscore the opposition is a recipe for disaster. You have to get stops.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not sure about that. Davis was looked at as a bad draft pick until Henry & Brown arrived. His best season never hit 1k. AR did it multiple times including the year before last. His decline would actually put him down to Davis' level. 1 rough season playing 12 games isn’t enough for me to say he can't have another big season.  

I think some people over think how WRs fit in systems.  The only major difference with us is the coaches want WRs to play in and outside. DK has lined in the slot plenty of times. At the end of the day, you have to be able to get open and catch. It's rare that a good WR who can do those things can't fit in a system.  

Our coaches didn't have much of a say in the roster decisions in the offseason in San Fran. So it's going to be interesting to see who they actually go for. Before the draft, people questioned if guys like Carter or Moore could fit because they didn't have similar styles to those in SF. 

Davis was in the same offense we’re running here. But again outside of Adams and AR which wide receivers are clear upgrades over him that are pending free agents?

7 hours ago, Big T said:

I don't want to trade draft capitol on WR's when we can get one for the next 4-5 years at a minimum. Besides outside of a true game changer if a team is trading someone with game changing potential bottom feeders like the Jets have no realistic chance of landing them. A playoff contender would be the most likely landing spot.

That’s how I feel as well. 

21 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m not misunderstanding anything. You guys mostly look at things from one side. 

Player X wasn’t as great as I think he needs to be so I cannot classify him as X because of this. 

In that case we have zero weapons anywhere on the team because we can literally use that theory on every single player up and down the roster.

Every free agent you desire or player from another team you compare them to started exactly where Davis, Moore and Carter were. Those teams didn’t just replace those guys, they developed them. 

The investments into those guys whether it’s money or the draft pick says they’re foundational pieces. Of course we have to add to them but they’re not getting replaced unless they don’t produce, which all 3 have shown at some point last season that they can.

But by that definition…. Perine, Mims, Coleman, Kroft and Cole were “weapons” for us. I guess we’re just in totally different opinions in what an actual “weapon” is. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But by that definition…. Perine, Mims, Coleman, Kroft and Cole were “weapons” for us. I guess we’re just in totally different opinions in what an actual “weapon” is. 

There’s only one definition. Perine, Mims, Coleman, Kroft, Cole are weapons but they’re depth pieces mostly. They’re the guys we should have as our main guys at all. 

However Davis, Moore and Carter are guys who can and should be foundational pieces(starters, get majority of the snaps and targets) along with additions at RB, WR, TE to create a unit that works well together.

These guys growing together is just as important as adding talent. Chemistry can win you a lot of games that talent cannot. 

46 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Davis was in the same offense we’re running here. But again outside of Adams and AR which wide receivers are clear upgrades over him that are pending free agents?

I was stating that AR is a clear upgrade above Davis because you asked outside of Adams, who is an upgrade above Davis. 

In free agency,  it maybe those 2 along with Godwin. Have to add him because he beat Davis' career high with and without Brady and is younger. 

I just want to make it clear that I'm not bashing Davis, just want a WR better than him. I think our coaches are making it clear we will be aggressive in free agency and possibly in trading. We clearly got our eyes on someone we're planning to pitch big for.

58 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Thank God they know what they’re doing. This offense only madness among the fan base was starting to scare me because counting on your offense to outscore the opposition is a recipe for disaster. You have to get stops.

Lol right. Have you seen some fans on Twitter lately? 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I was stating that AR is a clear upgrade above Davis because you asked outside of Adams, who is an upgrade above Davis. 

In free agency,  it maybe those 2 along with Godwin. Have to add him because he beat Davis' career high with and without Brady and is younger. 

I just want to make it clear that I'm not bashing Davis, just want a WR better than him. I think our coaches are making it clear we will be aggressive in free agency and possibly in trading. We clearly got our eyes on someone we're planning to pitch big for.

AR and Godwin are better definitely but both are coming off of down years either production wise or injury related. Outside of them and obviously Adams there isn’t a clear upgrade in sight on the FA side. So how do we upgrade from Davis. 

I think making sure we add at least a guy on par with Davis and Moore then we’ll be fine. Berrios and Wilson have a good connection as well that we should look to utilize in certain spots. 

TE is the position I’m worried about.

I'm not worried about the WR position because I feel like we will make the right move there. There isn't a lot of decisions I would hate there. 

Same with TE. RG, just not interested in picking someone who will only be a RG in the top 10. This class is deep with good RGs. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

AR and Godwin are better definitely but both are coming off of down years either production wise or injury related. Outside of them and obviously Adams there isn’t a clear upgrade in sight on the FA side. So how do we upgrade from Davis. 

I think making sure we add at least a guy on par with Davis and Moore then we’ll be fine. Berrios and Wilson have a good connection as well that we should look to utilize in certain spots. 

TE is the position I’m worried about.

I can see that if AR is out of price range. I liked Berrios and I've been hyping up Kyle Phillips with friends.  I'm not against adding another average WR, just think someone Wilson can rely on against tough defenses would be huge.

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I can see that if AR is out of price range. I liked Berrios and I've been hyping up Kyle Phillips with friends.  I'm not against adding another average WR, just think someone Wilson can rely on against tough defenses would be huge.

He definitely needs a go to guy but I think LaFleur has shown enough to be comfortable that he can scheme a guy open and if all else fails Zach’s escapability will provide enough opportunities to convert crucial downs.