2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

54 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Elijah Moore has so much ability to become a very good to Elite receiver. Before guys like Kelce, Hill and Kupp were household names they were in the same spot as Moore. 

We gotta develop our guys and put them in positions to succeed. 

agreed. if he stays on the field he could be a stud.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the argument here is. Are we suggesting that we need to cut Corey Davis and get an even better receiver, then add more receivers with the hope that our quarterback actually becomes an NFL-caliber player?

We have talent at WR. We have a potential stud RB. We absolutely need to add a starting tight end, more WR depth and upgrade the O-line. Absolutely.

None of that means squat if our QB is not NFL-caliber, which he was not in 2021. 

We need to bring someone in who can help him, and take over for him if/when he craps the bed again.

Enough with this coddling and cajoling of these highly drafted, supposed franchise QBs. Can you play or can't you? Bottom line.

If you cannot even look better than Mike White with the same damn team, then what are we even talking about here?

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There’s a debate going on right now about us ensuring we get Kayvon by swapping picks with the Texans. Would you do it?

I would and then move back at 10 to recoup our loss.

Tough one.  On the surface I would do it, but it will cost our #38 while getting back Houston's 3rd (#80).  So the question becomes do we value Thibs and a mid TRP for a FRP and a SRP.  Moving back from 10 to recoup the loss is great but it cant be counted on.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Before y’all get mad at Douglas for not getting Cooper just remember he’s going to have a ton of suitors and a lot of situations are better than ours. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Chiefs steal him like they did Thuney.

I, too, Like Cooper and would love to have him but not at $20M per season.  With Jax and Miami having more space than us it could be a bidding war that JD will probably not engage it.  Washington has a little less cap space but are actively looking for a vet QB, so I would not think they would get in on the battle. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I, too, Like Cooper and would love to have him but not at $20M per season.  With Jax and Miami having more space than us it could be a bidding war that JD will probably not engage it.  Washington has a little less cap space but are actively looking for a vet QB, so I would not think they would get in on the battle. 

I'd imagine it would be extra hard to bid against both Florida teams due to the massive tax ramifications.  No state income tax makes it impossible for us to come close to matching actual take home money. Combine that with Miami being a better team and jville having tlaw. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Tough one.  On the surface I would do it, but it will cost our #38 while getting back Houston's 3rd (#80).  So the question becomes do we value Thibs and a mid TRP for a FRP and a SRP.  Moving back from 10 to recoup the loss is great but it cant be counted on.

The drop EDGE wise from Thibs/Hutch to everyone else is something I’d consider. It’s like losing the 2 3s to get AVT vs staying put and taking Teven Jenkins. Get the Elite guy. 

Moving back from 10 shouldn’t be hard, value wise is the thing because what could we get. It likely depends on who’s there and who’s coming up.

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There’s a debate going on right now about us ensuring we get Kayvon by swapping picks with the Texans. Would you do it?

I would and then move back at 10 to recoup our loss.

Really dependant on the deal for me. I would not be willing to give up our first and second to swap unless we were getting stuff back.

If it was our 1 and 2 for their 1 and three maybe.

I'd honestly be more inclined to roll the dice and see if a guy we like falls to us or a QB gets some buzz and we can leverage that into a trade down out of 4.

If Amari Cooper becomes available through Free Agency? The Jets MUST go after Amari Cooper and guns blazing too because he's on the verge of going down as one of the greatest/most productive WRs of All-Time and still only 27 years old. 

Amari Cooper is 9th All-Time in WR Receiving yards (before the age of 28). 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-before-age-28#:~:text=Randy Moss has the most,than 28%2C with 9%2C142 yards.

Amari Cooper is 10th All-Time in WR Catches (before the age of 28). 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receptions-before-age-28

Amari Cooper is off to an incredible start to his NFL career @ WR and would become an amazing true #1 WR for Zach Wilson (due to the fact that Amari Cooper has played alongside of 7 different QBs and has been productive for them all of them).