2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

53 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

20m per season for a potential flameout WR?  That would be irresponsible to make that trade.

How is he a potential "flame out WR" when he's only 27 years old and ranked top 10 All-Time amongst WRs in both Receptions and Receiving Yards (before the age of 28)?

If Amari Cooper @ 27 years old is a potential flame out WR then so is 29 year old Davante Adams because on a per year/per season basis; Amari Cooper has been just as productive as Davante Adams since they've entered the league 7 and 8 years ago.

Aaron Rodgers is more elite (understatement) than any QB that Amari Cooper has ever played alongside of.

Davante Adams Per Year (8 Years).

14.5 Games. 

• 126.5 Targets.

83.6 Receptions. 

• 1,015 Receiving Yards. 

• 9.1 TDs. 

51.2 1st Down Receptions. 

8.0 yards per target. 

12.1 yards per catch. 

• 66.1% Catch Rate Percentage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amari Cooper Per Year (7 Years).

• 15.4 Games. 

116.8 Targets.

73.8 Receptions. 

1,010 Receiving Yards. 

6.5 TDs. 

• 56.1 1st Down Receptions. 

• 8.7 yards per target. 

• 13.6 yards per catch. 

63.2% Catch Rate Percentage.

QBs who Amari Cooper has played alongside of...

Derek Carr (52 games).

Dak Prescott (43 games).

Andy Dalton (9 games).

EJ Manuel (1 game).

Ben DiNucci (1 game).

Garrett Gilbert (1 game).

Connor Cook (0.5 games).

Matt McGloin (0.5 games).

And unlike Davante Adams; Amari Cooper has played alongside of a lot more QBs (not named Aaron Rodgers) than Davante Adams has; which makes what Amari Cooper has been able to record, even more impressive for me.

And for a matter of fact Davante Adams had one of his worst seasons in 2017 due to Aaron Rodgers missing 9 games because of it (although he was still very productive).

Amari Cooper is just as elite as Davante Adams.

What I appreciate about Amari Cooper most, like Andre Johnson; is that he can produce alongside of any QB. 

• 2020 alongside of a pretty washed up and now retired Andy Dalton (9 Starts @ QB) (below).

9 games. 68 Targets. 49 Catches. 641 Receiving Yards. 4 TD receptions. 72.0% Catch Rate Percentage. 

2020 alongside of two QBs who I've never heard of before in former 7th round pick Ben DiNucci (1 Start) and former 6th round pick Garrett Gilbert (1 Start). 

2 games. 11 targets. 6 catches. 72 Receiving Yards. 0 TDs. 54.5% Catch Rate Percentage. 

• 2021 alongside of another QB who I've never heard of in undrafted Cooper Rush (1 Start).

1 game. 13 Targets. 8 Receptions. 122 Receiving Yards. 1 TD Reception. 61.5%. 

Throughout the previous two years (combined) and alongside of 4 different QBs by the names of Andy Dalton/Ben DiNucci/Garrett Gilbert/Cooper Rush (12 Starts); this is what Amari Cooper was (still) able to record...

12 games. 

92 Targets (7.66 per game).

63 Receptions (5.25 per game).

835 Receiving Yards (69.5 per game). 

5 TD Receptions (0.416 per game).

68.4% Catch Rate Percentage.

And throughout a full 16 game season this would create for an average of...

• 122.5 Targets (per year).

• 84 Receptions (per year).

• 1,112 Receiving Yards (per year).

• 6.6 TDs (per year).

• 68.4% Catch Rate Percentage.

And this is despite a washed up Andy Dalton + 3 QBs who I've never heard of before in Ben DiNucci (7th round draft pick), Garrett Gilbert (6th round) and Cooper Rush (undrafted). 

Potential Flame Out WR? I'll agree to disagree because soon to be 2nd year QB Zach Wilson would absolutely, love him. 

On 3/4/2022 at 9:31 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

There’s a debate going on right now about us ensuring we get Kayvon by swapping picks with the Texans. Would you do it?

…I know how I’d feel about it, I’d be down for this action.

58 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Rumors are we really like Ryan Jensen

I wasn't really looking into this until I realized we would free up 9m cutting McGovern and using that money towards Jensen. If Jensen is interested, it makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I wasn't really looking into this until I realized we would free up 9m cutting McGovern and using that money towards Jensen. If Jensen is interested, it makes sense. 

Him and Bozeman I like if we look to up grade C in FA. I wanna get more physical especially on the inside. Add one of those 2 and add either Ickey or Penning ooffffff

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah, Jets are told to be interested in either Bozeman or Jensen.  I don't know if I buy that but I wonder what will happen to McGovern if they sign C? Move him to G. Trade him. Cut him.

Probably trade or cut if they draft an IOL early, otherwise keep and start at RG. 

I'd love to bring Star Power back to NY for the 1st time since Martin and then Revis. 

WR: Amari Cooper. 

CB: J.C. Jackson. 

And from there we can focus on the trenches in the 1st round (#4 either Kayvon Thibodeaux or Ikem Ekwonu) and then #10 go OL or EDGE (whichever one we didn't attack at pick #4).

Then in the 2nd round we can go after playmaking TE and best available Safety (to Re-Vamp our entire 2022 secondary).

Etc. 

Go after Amari Cooper and J.C Jackson guns blazing and we'll take the draft by storm.

I really want Kayvon Thibodeaux. This kid has generational Pass Rushing abilities and also plays the run like a DOG.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

For those who don't know about J.C. Jackson?

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-defensive-interceptions-before-age-27

And it's more than just INTs too (17 INTs previous 2 years wtf) but also...

Last year when in man to man coverage against teams #1 best WRs he allowed a QB completion percentage of only 50.8% (despite 112 targets) and held QBs to a QB Rating of only 51.8 throughout those 112 targets; and that is incredible.

You give Zach Wilson a true #1 Star WR in Amari Cooper and you give Robert Saleh a true outside Superstar CB? 

We'd be an elite Edge Rusher away from a dynamic Defense.