2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Not a fan of the trade up for KT. I want him most at 4 but I wouldn't move up for him. Not after how well Walker just tested. If anything I would try and see if I could get the Giants to swap with us or the Falcons to move up in both cases for Evan Neal. Ideally I would like to be at 6 but the Panthers have nothing left to offer unless we want futures. What the Giants do at 7 is what is what I am most worried about. Neal will go 4th and we could take Sauce at 5. If its the Falcons that want Neal...Maybe the giants go BPA at that point and take Hamilton or do they take Cross first since the Panthers need the OT as well. The plan here is for us to go Sauce and Walker and still add some ammo but that might be very difficult. Might have to just take Sauce at 4 and hope Walker is overlooked by the time we go again at 10. Thanks a lot Arizona! Absolutely sh*t the bed down the stretch. 

If we trade up, I'm actually more interested in using a 2nd & 3rd to trade back into the late 1st. There are some interesting names who maybe there. That's if we're looking to trade up. It's unlikely we use all the picks, but I'm more interested in using one of them for a proven player instead of trading to move around the draft. 

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If we have a specific guy in mind you move up. 

Na. 

This draft is too deep and we've got too many holes to be trading up and throwing away potential franchise altering draft capital. 

We're guaranteed one of Kayvon Thibodeaux, Ikem Ekwonu, Aidan Hutchinson or Evan Neal @ 4. 

Trade down from 10 (into the mid First round) and pick up an extra 2nd + 3rd and knock this draft out of the park with two 1sts, three 2nds, two 3rds and two 4ths. 

(and then use both 5ths to move back up into the 4th). 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Na. 

This draft is too deep and we've got too many holes to be trading up and throwing away potential franchise altering draft capital. 

We're guaranteed one of Kayvon Thibodeaux, Ikem Ekwonu, Aidan Hutchinson or Evan Neal @ 4. 

Trade down from 10 (into the mid First round) and pick up an extra 2nd + 3rd and knock this draft out of the park with two 1sts, three 2nds, two 3rds and two 4ths. 

(and then use both 5ths to move back up into the 4th). 

Nah? Oh my bad Joe Douglas, I didn’t know you posted on here.

You trade up if you love a guy. 

If we do it your way we don’t get AVT last year, we don’t get Revis or Harris in 07. 

Newsflash. No one is saying mortgage our future.

I would rather pool resources together and get the better prospects than have loads of picks. How many players per draft class statically get a second contract with a team? I can’t imagine many. Certainly not for us Jets. 

We have 10 picks overall I believe and I can’t see all 10 being on the 53 come the start of the year. Of the 10 picks we have 5 inside the first 70 picks. If we need to add a couple together and get 4 elite players then that’s a massive win for me. 

• Like 1

1. Jaguars - Ickey Ekwonu OL

2. Lions- Aidan Hutchinson EDGE

3. Texans- Evan Neal OT(this pick becomes clear when/if Tunsil is cut)

4. Jets- Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE

5. Giants- Trevor Penning OT

6. Panthers- Charles Cross OT

7. Giants- Kenyon Green OG

8. Falcons- Kyle Hamilton S

9. Broncos- Travon Walker EDGE

10. Jets - Every WR is on the board but I can't see it happening, Gardner is intriguing but Saleh has said the D-Line gets priority, he wouldn't even take a LB in the 1st unless they're special. All the OL are gone except Linderbaum. Jordan Davis is intriguing but is it a luxury pick?

This would be a tough situation for us, trading back is probably the best value wise but if we have to make a pick I have almost zero idea on where we would go. Free agency obviously dictates a lot of that so time will tell. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

10. Jets - Every WR is on the board but I can't see it happening, Gardner is intriguing but Saleh has said the D-Line gets priority, he wouldn't even take a LB in the 1st unless they're special. All the OL are gone except Linderbaum. Jordan Davis is intriguing but is it a luxury pick?

This would be a tough situation for us, trading back is probably the best value wise but if we have to make a pick I have almost zero idea on where we would go. Free agency obviously dictates a lot of that so time will tell. 

Think having our top choice at CB/WR there would be a huge win. Honestly can’t imagine Davis is even in the conversation with Sauce on the board. Thibs + Sauce/Wilson is a home run IMO. Trade up for Linderbaum or target IOL at 38.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Can't see 5 OLineman going top 7. But if the odd chance this did happen. I'm all for either Burks or Wilson there at 10. Would be happy with Sauce there as well. I'd even be ok with Lindy there too. Davis is probably the only pick I wouldn't like at all. I mean it will all play out in the next 2 weeks... but if we can move JFM inside and still have Q, Rankins and (maybe even Foley). IDL isn't an issue for us. JFM if we draft Thibs is a DT for us who we just paid and we've already said we're picking up Qs option. So we have money and youth there. Davis is a luxury pick and we have too many holes for that. BPA is a good way to draft generally speaking, but not if you're drafting rotational pieces top 10.

18 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Think having our top choice at CB/WR there would be a huge win. Honestly can’t imagine Davis is even in the conversation with Sauce on the board. Thibs + Sauce/Wilson is a home run IMO. Trade up for Linderbaum or target IOL at 38.

After Saleh’s comments I cannot see us drafting any defensive position other than DL in the first round. 

I definitely don’t see WR either.

I really have no idea where Joe would lean. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

After Saleh’s comments I cannot see us drafting any defensive position other than DL in the first round. 

I definitely don’t see WR either.

I really have no idea where Joe would lean. 

Well, Saleh skipped the combine so I follow JD.