2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, NewAge said:

It’s not like anyone is advocating trading back in the first two rounds to load up on fourth rounders or whatever. But if you don’t see a huge difference between who’s on the board at 10 vs. who would be on the board later in the first round, it might make sense to move back a bit and gain more early picks. Getting an extra first rounder next year or extra second rounder this year would be really nice. Plus you can still move up later in the draft by trading from your surplus of picks and maximize how often you pick in the first two rounds. 

Yeah I’m cool with trading back from 10 if there’s the value there but what I wouldn’t want is a draft 12/13 deep. Just no need for it. If we did that I would want us moving up the board to get certain players in rounds 2-4 and go all in. I have zero want for lots of late round picks like last year we need Quality of Quantity this year.

Luckily we could actually end up with both. 🤞🏻

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Disagree.

If Jets take any DL in 1st, it will be a starter or 75 percent of season snap contributor.  Do you really think Jets would rotate Lawson last year if he played?  

If Jets plan to rotate inside then we won't draft DT in 1st.  Dare to say "Guaranteed"

Rotational as in they won’t play every snap not in the form of a substitute. I’d expect the DTs to be around the 60%s and the EDGE’s to play around 75%. With there being an extra game and guys having issues staying healthy I think we’ll see an investment into getting as many quality bodies up front as possible. It’s where this defense starts and ends.

We also have no long term player at the position. QWill had his option picked up and could get tagged if there’s no long term deal completed. Outside of that we have no one. The draft is just as much about future needs as it is current needs. 

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rotational as in they won’t play every snap not in the form of a substitute. I’d expect the DTs to be around the 60%s and the EDGE’s to play around 75%. With there being an extra game and guys having issues staying healthy I think we’ll see an investment into getting as many quality bodies up front as possible. It’s where this defense starts and ends.

We also have no long term player at the position. QWill had his option picked up and could get tagged if there’s no long term deal completed. Outside of that we have no one. The draft is just as much about future needs as it is current needs. 

Okay.  I have been under the impression that rotational guys are there for anything less than 60 pct. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Well Ridley, Njoku and Schultz are apparently not options anymore.

Not good for us that the 2 best TEs are getting tagged. Gesicki and Howard are the best of what’s rest maybe?

Yeah I think a solid older vet and one of the best draft prospects will be called for. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well Ridley, Njoku and Schultz are apparently not options anymore.

Not good for us that the 2 best TEs are getting tagged. Gesicki and Howard are the best of what’s rest maybe?

None of that is overly surprising. Maybe Njoku getting tagged.  So really it is just one option that has been removed.