2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well Ridley, Njoku and Schultz are apparently not options anymore.

Not good for us that the 2 best TEs are getting tagged. Gesicki and Howard are the best of what’s rest maybe?

Howard would be a nice addition and is actually a TE. We are definitely going to have to draft and develop.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Yeah I think a solid older vet and one of the best draft prospects will be called for. 

We may need to get used to the idea that we will go into week one with Griffin and a rookie. I would also not be shocked to see Kroft come back.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

This. Ferguson and Ruckert in round 3 or 4 is so much better value than McBride at 38. I really want nothing to do with McBride before round 3. 

Why?  Personally, I think he may go in round 1 and won’t even make it to us. I like Ruckert. But if McBride is sitting there at 38 you would not want him?  I am also starting to think the league may be shifting their stance on TE’s. With Njoku getting tagged, which is mind boggling, I think teams are looking for blocking/receiving TE’s. That means they may go earlier in the draft than we expect them to go. Maybe this isn’t the year to gamble on that considering our need. 

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

Why?  Personally, I think he may go in round 1 and won’t even make it to us. I like Ruckert. But if McBride is sitting there at 38 you would not want him?  I am also starting to think the league may be shifting their stance on TE’s. With Njoku getting tagged, which is mind boggling, I think teams are looking for blocking/receiving TE’s. That means they may go earlier in the draft than we expect them to go. Maybe this isn’t the year to gamble on that considering our need. 

Not a McBride hater...I just think there is going to be more than a handful of better football players that fall to 38. Well see how it plays out. We get fooled by something every year so who knows. I like the Ferguson or Ruckert value later a lot more, assuming a team doesn't over draft them. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not a McBride hater...I just think there is going to be more than a handful of better football players that fall to 38. Well see how it plays out. We get fooled by something every year so who knows. I like the Ferguson or Ruckert value later a lot more, assuming a team doesn't over draft them. 

It is a valid point but having McBride should accelerate the offensive input massively. That is a key for Wilson.

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

From our perspective that may be true. For example, if we don’t get a top FA WR or draft one in round 1 and a guy like Dotson is there at 35, I’d want him. But would LaFleur want a TE because the O needs one?

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

So glad we didnt trade for Ridley. Hated that from the rip. Hopefully he takes the year, does some soul searching and figures out that football is still important to him. 

Falcons didn't trade him because they knew what was coming. Good on them. 

This is why I never follow this narrative about fixing this team in a single off-season. The best players are often tagged, mediocre players then get elevate contracts because of it. Smart GMs hit the bargain bin or structure good deals with outs. Then you go into the draft with this other narrative about only being able to select X or Y because of how free agency turned out. 

So many variables at play but the one consistent thing is drafting and developing well. Having the amount of picks we have we can add a lot of talent but it’s young talent so there will be growing pains naturally.