2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Wagner is the kind of move I would expect JD to make, providing it is a reasonable contract. It fills a hole and it removes a top need from the draft board.  His age makes it concerning, but I would think a two year deal is all he would get.  Wagner and Moseley is not a bad ILB combo for this season while the any young prospect we acquire learns from two very good players.  I can certainly see Saleh pushing for it.

Not sure why Wagner would choose NYJ when most players his age try to latch onto a contending team. The recent trend (LAR, TB) suggests more and more teams are going to load up with veterans to try to win a SB. We are nowhere near that situation.

Flacco is meh. Can he step in when the inevitable Wilson meltdown happens in 2022? Sure. But I think we can do better in terms of getting a 1A-1B QB.

I would much prefer a reunion with Teddy Bridgewater, but who knows if he would even have any interest in coming back here after the way we jettisoned his *** right when he was about to win the starting job from Darnold.

27 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're apparently looking into bringing back Flacco.  I mentioned this before,  but we're definitely trading Mike White. 

I'm for keeping all 3. I like a QB room of Wilson, Flacco and White. I mean we aren't going to get the tender we more than likely might put on White. We aren't cash strapped, so no need to just get rid of players for no reason. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I want Fitz back as a backup QB than Flacco. Flacco is trash and I see nothing that he can do. Fitz is a guy that fans, players and coaches love. He still can win some games too and throw the ball all around. FEAR THE BEARD!!!!

He's a vet mind for a young QB. Yes Fitz is that... but Flacoo is cheaper and already has a relationship with Wilson and our staff. For me its almost a no brainer to bring back Flacoo if the interest is mutual. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm for keeping all 3. I like a QB room of Wilson, Flacco and White. I mean we aren't going to get the tender we more than likely might put on White. We aren't cash strapped, so no need to just get rid of players for no reason. 

Not to mention that White is the only QB on our roster to ball out under this current offensive system last year. 

If the guy we picked No. 2 overall last year had had a 405-yard passing day, against the eventual AFC champions no less, we would all be jizzing right now at the thought of our offensive future.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

We're apparently looking into bringing back Flacco.  I mentioned this before,  but we're definitely trading Mike White. 

Not surprised at Flacco.  White is an interesting story because 10-14m to have young veteran as backup is ridiculous.  Tagging White as 2nd round value makes sense

For a similar contractual price, which do you prefer to take?  Cordarrelle Patterson or Braxton Berrios.

I would go with Patterson because I don't want Burks in 1st.  Subsequently, I would probably take Velus Jones Jr for Berrios' role despite within 2 years difference.

You?

Edited by JetsandI

24 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would love for the Jets to see what it would take for D.K Metcalf to be a Jet. I think you trade down from 10 and pick up that extra first and move it for him. 

They ain't selling him cheap, bro.   They can keep him until tagging F tag for 2023.  If you want him then you have to make an aggressive offer.

36 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would love for the Jets to see what it would take for D.K Metcalf to be a Jet. I think you trade down from 10 and pick up that extra first and move it for him. 

I read elsewhere that a package of our #4 and #38 for Seattle's #9 and DK would work.  That would value DK as a mid 20's FRP.