2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

46 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm just curious, why?

I sound like a broken record but he’s just not the best fit for us and I know people will say we should adjust the scheme to him but coaches don’t really do that as much as fans like to think they do/will. So we’d spend a premium asset on a guy we’d be under utilizing. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I sound like a broken record but he’s just not the best fit for us and I know people will say we should adjust the scheme to him but coaches don’t really do that as much as fans like to think they do/will. So we’d spend a premium asset on a guy we’d be under utilizing. 

I'm really interested in why don't you think he will fit scheme wise? I honestly think it would be a great move and he is someone that has taken snaps in the slot and out of it. (I'm not bashing you for this, just interested in your POV)

26 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm really interested in why don't you think he will fit scheme wise? I honestly think it would be a great move and he is someone that has taken snaps in the slot and out of it. (I'm not bashing you for this, just interested in your POV)

There’s another source I remember seeing but can’t find right now but the tweet below shows the difference between a player who fits perfectly in this system and one who doesn’t but is still a damn good player. And before anyone says the offenses were different the Seahawks brought in their OC from the Rams who implemented a similar scheme.

I like Metcalf, would welcome him. He wouldn’t be my first or ideal choice and at the same time I think he’d be limited here to an extent. The price we’d also be charged to get him after what we’ve done to Seattle business wise just makes it all too much for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There’s another source I remember seeing but can’t find right now but the tweet below shows the difference between a player who fits perfectly in this system and one who doesn’t but is still a damn good player. And before anyone says the offenses were different the Seahawks brought in their OC from the Rams who implemented a similar scheme.

I like Metcalf, would welcome him. He wouldn’t be my first or ideal choice and at the same time I think he’d be limited here to an extent. The price we’d also be charged to get him after what we’ve done to Seattle business wise just makes it all too much for me.

I definitely get the idea, but I'm not sure if it's just Seattle not using him right instead what he can't do. Lafluer did a really good job of getting the best out of what he had left and adapting to strengths. I think he would use him a lot better than what Seattle did. 

This video below provides a little bit of why i think he would fit. There isn't anything he can't do, I believe Seattle was just forcing him into the Megatron/Moss type of role where he was just expected to beat his coverage vs coming up with ways to get him open. He's sharp enough and explosive enough to be used the same way Deebo was used in San Fran. 

I do think Seattle would be a little more open minded because they are getting picks and not someone like Adams. If they used those picks on a bust, that's on them. lol 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I definitely get the idea, but I'm not sure if it's just Seattle not using him right instead what he can't do. Lafluer did a really good job of getting the best out of what he had left and adapting to strengths. I think he would use him a lot better than what Seattle did. 

This video below provides a little bit of why i think he would fit. There isn't anything he can't do, I believe Seattle was just forcing him into the Megatron/Moss type of role where he was just expected to beat his coverage vs coming up with ways to get him open. He's sharp enough and explosive enough to be used the same way Deebo was used in San Fran. 

I do think Seattle would be a little more open minded because they are getting picks and not someone like Adams. If they used those picks on a bust, that's on them. lol 

Trust me I know he’s good but I don’t think we run much of those routes in this offense. He’s a vertical guy, we run more horizontal routes than anything. It’s why Mims was nonexistent(yes DK is better but you get the point)

• Like 1

Most of what I’ve been posting is just from what I’ve read or heard regarding how the team will approach things. 

I was one of the first talking about moving on from McGovern for example but was told he was good enough to keep and now look.

What we want to do is usually different than what they will do. We are often more right than the front office tho so maybe we should just bring in Metcalf lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Most of what I’ve been posting is just from what I’ve read or heard regarding how the team will approach things. 

I was one of the first talking about moving on from McGovern for example but was told he was good enough to keep and now look.

What we want to do is usually different than what they will do. We are often more right than the front office tho so maybe we should just bring in Metcalf lol.

lol I just laughed so hard because it's true. We shout who we want, they pick someone else, we force ourselves to love the pick, and then get hurt. 

relating to the topic, this tweet just came up on my TL

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I just laughed so hard because it's true. We shout who we want, they pick someone else, we force ourselves to love the pick, and then get hurt. 

relating to the topic, this tweet just came up on my TL

A couple months ago we were all talking about who we wanted to draft vs who the team ended up picking. We looked at the would be roster and were sick lol.

Great plan in that tweet but it’s so much easier said than done. I rather we stay the course, keep building and go all in when it’s time. 

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don't usually check PFF out but for first time in long time, I looked at PFF's graded OL of all teams.   Best graded OL for Jets is Connor McGovern with strong 70's.  Now, Jets are ready to move on from him for someone with lower grade (both still in 70's).😆

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I don't usually check PFF out but for first time in long time, I looked at PFF's graded OL of all teams.   Best graded OL for Jets is Connor McGovern with strong 70's.  Now, Jets are ready to move on from him for someone with lower grade (both still in 70's).😆

Not sure who's saying we'd move on from him. He's just a guy that has a cuttable contract. So if FA and the draft fall a certain way... we "could" move on from him. Good part for him is that he can play OG too. But him already the C and playing pretty good in this system with Wilson bolds well for him. For example... we sign Bozeman in FA who can play C or G, it might be an open competition for C and whoever loses that battle moves to RG, but McGovern I'd think has the advantage already in the system and working with Wilson.

My favorite 2 scenarios are still to stick with McGovern and draft a guy like Lindstrom in Round 4 to develop and sign a guy like Connor Williams in FA or draft Ikem or Neal at 4 and play them at RG as a rookie. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Not sure who's saying we'd move on from him. He's just a guy that has a cuttable contract. So if FA and the draft fall a certain way... we "could" move on from him. Good part for him is that he can play OG too. But him already the C and playing pretty good in this system with Wilson bolds well for him. For example... we sign Bozeman in FA who can play C or G, it might be an open competition for C and whoever loses that battle moves to RG, but McGovern I'd think has the advantage already in the system and working with Wilson.

My favorite 2 scenarios are still to stick with McGovern and draft a guy like Lindstrom in Round 4 to develop and sign a guy like Connor Williams in FA or draft Ikem or Neal at 4 and play them at RG as a rookie. 

I don't know who actually said that but one of Tony Pauline's articles said Jets were actually looking to upgrade at C.

I may agree with Jets taking OT in 1st because I get sense that if Jets fail to extend Fant they will take OT, especially Penning.

I'd trust JD, Saleh and LaFleur to decide if DK for #10 or a rookie at #10 is a better fit for the offense.  If they think he can fit then I think we need to go after him.  Or if we do #4 and #30-whatever for #9 and DK so Seattle can get an OL to build around I would be all for that.  We could still get an EDGE at #9.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'd trust JD, Saleh and LaFleur to decide if DK for #10 or a rookie at #10 is a better fit for the offense.  If they think he can fit then I think we need to go after him.  Or if we do #4 and #30-whatever for #9 and DK so Seattle can get an OL to build around I would be all for that.  We could still get an EDGE at #9.

Pretending he is FA today, will Jets go after him?   If no, why?  Money.