2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Fewe names I think we should keep an eye on are.....

Christian Kirk. If we cant get a deal done with Berrios over money before next week, I could see us switching our focus to Kirk who is actually worth what Berrios wants.

Gerald Everett: Arguably the best FA TE left. Has played in a similar system to ours. Cant see us doing nothing at TE in FA.

Bradley Bozeman: Can play C or G and we know JD loves versaitlity on the OL.

Derek Barnett: JD drafted him in PHI and he has incredible get off. Just the sack numbers arent there. Change of scenery could help him

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I don't usually check PFF out but for first time in long time, I looked at PFF's graded OL of all teams.   Best graded OL for Jets is Connor McGovern with strong 70's.  Now, Jets are ready to move on from him for someone with lower grade (both still in 70's).😆

Lol PFF lacks transparency 

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Fewe names I think we should keep an eye on are.....

Christian Kirk. If we cant get a deal done with Berrios over money before next week, I could see us switching our focus to Kirk who is actually worth what Berrios wants.

Gerald Everett: Arguably the best FA TE left. Has played in a similar system to ours. Cant see us doing nothing at TE in FA.

Bradley Bozeman: Can play C or G and we know JD loves versaitlity on the OL.

Derek Barnett: JD drafted him in PHI and he has incredible get off. Just the sack numbers arent there. Change of scenery could help him

I read on here that Kirk and Josh Allen were vacationing together. Take that for what it’s worth. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure who's saying we'd move on from him. He's just a guy that has a cuttable contract. So if FA and the draft fall a certain way... we "could" move on from him. Good part for him is that he can play OG too. But him already the C and playing pretty good in this system with Wilson bolds well for him. For example... we sign Bozeman in FA who can play C or G, it might be an open competition for C and whoever loses that battle moves to RG, but McGovern I'd think has the advantage already in the system and working with Wilson.

My favorite 2 scenarios are still to stick with McGovern and draft a guy like Lindstrom in Round 4 to develop and sign a guy like Connor Williams in FA or draft Ikem or Neal at 4 and play them at RG as a rookie. 

If we sign Bozeman or Jensen then McGovern is probably more likely to get cut than still be here. Especially since LDT can play again this coming season.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Too many rumors about us going after IOL with Bozeman, Tomlinson and Jensen. I imagine we go with Tomlinson bc he's similar with the staff and system. He's an upgrade over LDT. 

All the more reason it will be Daniels, Cappa or Corbett.  Maybe its me, but every year since JD became GM we are linked to certain players only to sign a player not mentioned at the same position.