1. DE

2. WR

3. TE

4. RG

5. LB

6. S

7. CB

8. RB

DE and WR for me are premium positions. So that's why they're the top of the list for me. We have only Lawson that's worth noting at DE for us. JFM can play DE, but he's better inside. Huff I'm a fan of, but he's a situational guy for me. We need a regular starting DE IMO. Barnett is a guy I think we might bring in for safety and shouldn't cost much, and at the top of the draft I think we use 4 or 10 here. WR we're incredibly thin at right now. I believe we only have 3 WRs even worth noting under contract right now in Davis, Moore and Mims. We need a legit starting guy for the outside and at least 2-3 depth guys as well. I see us making a splash in some sort of way at 1 of these 2 positions if not both via top of the draft, FA or trade.

TE and RG I have in the next tier for us. TE we should be moving on from Kroft and Griffin IMO. So we really only have Yeboah worth noting in the TE room. So we really need 2 of them. I assume we get 1 in FA and 1 in the draft. RG we actually only have GVR there. I'd assume he's for sure getting cut. But then that leaves us with no RG. Several OG names out there in FA, so I assume we bring someone in or we just resign LDT, but as it stands now, we need a RG bc GVR is our starter there. I can see us drafting a guy here as well.

LB, S and CB I have in the next tier. I think I don't share the same opinion as others do in these areas, so I expect to get some kick back here. LB I think is a bigger need slightly than the other 2. But I think Mosley isn't done after this year. I think we're more likely to restructure him than cut him after this season. He was arguably our best player and is in the great/elite category at LB. He's our leader and picked up the system with ease, you don't just get rid of those guys. Quincy is fun to watch, but he needs some discipline to his game. Maybe a whole offseason and under the system a year longer does this for him, but he can be a solid starter if he can figure that part out. After that it's projects in Nas and Sherwood. Cant rely on either of them. So we need at least 1 more guy brought in to start pretty much. Lots of guys I like in the draft. So I hope we go that route. At S I can honestly see us doing nothing in FA. Davis and Pinnock actually looked pretty good to finish the season. Far from guys to get excited about, but I think we look at them as our FSs and let the best man win. We just resigned Joyner who was slated as our starting SS last year. His injury was a tricep, so his physical traits should still be the same. I expect us to grab a guy in the draft. Maybe a guy like Brisker or Hill in the 2nd, otherwise I see us getting a developmental guy. CB I'm more optimistic about then some. I still think we need 1 more guy, but I actually really like the young group we have. And that fact they got a good amount of experience last year in this system can only help. Hall is a legit CB2, if he can develop some ball skills, he could maybe even be a 1. MC2 and Guidry are legit in the nickel. Both guys I really like there. And Echols and Dunn had ups and downs, but overall they wasn't bad. So as I said, I think we still need 1 more guy for the outside to battle it out with Echols, but I think in FA or the draft we can do that. A big thing to note with our secondary is that we had little to no pass rush last year. Let's say we draft a guy at 4 or 10 to start at DE, we get Lawson back and have JFM and Q in the middle. That's a 180 from the pass rush group we had last year and our secondary will reap the rewards from that. Wont have to cover as long and can play more aggressive. LBs and Ss wont have to cover as much as well and let them play more to their strengths.

Last I have RB. I love Carter but we need a big body to mix in with him. This system likes multiple RBs. Odds are we resign Coleman for cheap, but I'd still like us to target a bigger guy in the mid rounds of the draft. A #2 RB in this system is still going to get at least 10 touches, so you don't want to just throw a scrub out there like Johnson.

Good thing for us is we should have about 35mill in cap space to work with after resigning guys, signing draft picks and such. And obviously we have our 4 picks in the top 38 that are incredibly valuable. I see it as we should be able to get 5-6 nice pieces for the core of this team. Which is great.

• Like 3

I don't think the Jets go after Hamilton. I think Saleh has a plan for S and wants vet guys back there not rookies. I'm starting to think that Hutch might be there now. I think the Jags go OL with Neal or Ickey, Det goes with Willis, Texans go with Hamilton, Neal/Ickey. I just have that feeling a QB will go in the top 3 picks. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

My priority list pre FA is this...

1. DE

2. WR

3. TE

4. RG

5. LB

6. S

7. CB

8. RB

DE and WR for me are premium positions. So that's why they're the top of the list for me. We have only Lawson that's worth noting at DE for us. JFM can play DE, but he's better inside. Huff I'm a fan of, but he's a situational guy for me. We need a regular starting DE IMO. Barnett is a guy I think we might bring in for safety and shouldn't cost much, and at the top of the draft I think we use 4 or 10 here. WR we're incredibly thin at right now. I believe we only have 3 WRs even worth noting under contract right now in Davis, Moore and Mims. We need a legit starting guy for the outside and at least 2-3 depth guys as well. I see us making a splash in some sort of way at 1 of these 2 positions if not both via top of the draft, FA or trade.

TE and RG I have in the next tier for us. TE we should be moving on from Kroft and Griffin IMO. So we really only have Yeboah worth noting in the TE room. So we really need 2 of them. I assume we get 1 in FA and 1 in the draft. RG we actually only have GVR there. I'd assume he's for sure getting cut. But then that leaves us with no RG. Several OG names out there in FA, so I assume we bring someone in or we just resign LDT, but as it stands now, we need a RG bc GVR is our starter there. I can see us drafting a guy here as well.

LB, S and CB I have in the next tier. I think I don't share the same opinion as others do in these areas, so I expect to get some kick back here. LB I think is a bigger need slightly than the other 2. But I think Mosley isn't done after this year. I think we're more likely to restructure him than cut him after this season. He was arguably our best player and is in the great/elite category at LB. He's our leader and picked up the system with ease, you don't just get rid of those guys. Quincy is fun to watch, but he needs some discipline to his game. Maybe a whole offseason and under the system a year longer does this for him, but he can be a solid starter if he can figure that part out. After that it's projects in Nas and Sherwood. Cant rely on either of them. So we need at least 1 more guy brought in to start pretty much. Lots of guys I like in the draft. So I hope we go that route. At S I can honestly see us doing nothing in FA. Davis and Pinnock actually looked pretty good to finish the season. Far from guys to get excited about, but I think we look at them as our FSs and let the best man win. We just resigned Joyner who was slated as our starting SS last year. His injury was a tricep, so his physical traits should still be the same. I expect us to grab a guy in the draft. Maybe a guy like Brisker or Hill in the 2nd, otherwise I see us getting a developmental guy. CB I'm more optimistic about then some. I still think we need 1 more guy, but I actually really like the young group we have. And that fact they got a good amount of experience last year in this system can only help. Hall is a legit CB2, if he can develop some ball skills, he could maybe even be a 1. MC2 and Guidry are legit in the nickel. Both guys I really like there. And Echols and Dunn had ups and downs, but overall they wasn't bad. So as I said, I think we still need 1 more guy for the outside to battle it out with Echols, but I think in FA or the draft we can do that. A big thing to note with our secondary is that we had little to no pass rush last year. Let's say we draft a guy at 4 or 10 to start at DE, we get Lawson back and have JFM and Q in the middle. That's a 180 from the pass rush group we had last year and our secondary will reap the rewards from that. Wont have to cover as long and can play more aggressive. LBs and Ss wont have to cover as much as well and let them play more to their strengths.

Last I have RB. I love Carter but we need a big body to mix in with him. This system likes multiple RBs. Odds are we resign Coleman for cheap, but I'd still like us to target a bigger guy in the mid rounds of the draft. A #2 RB in this system is still going to get at least 10 touches, so you don't want to just throw a scrub out there like Johnson.

Good thing for us is we should have about 35mill in cap space to work with after resigning guys, signing draft picks and such. And obviously we have our 4 picks in the top 38 that are incredibly valuable. I see it as we should be able to get 5-6 nice pieces for the core of this team. Which is great.

Good synopsis of where we stand, and with the resources we have, we could/should see legitimate upgrades at each spot. Mosley has really grown on me from a leadership/culture perspective — he was never going to live up to that contract on production alone, but we’re seeing why you overpay for someone like him. This quote was money:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hassan Reddick excite anyone for us at DE? Or too small for our system?

Yeah probably too small. I see better fits in FA if we went down that road although Thib/Hutch at #4 is the only way I want us to go at edge this offseason. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

I think the best target for TE will be Evan Engram in FA….thoughts? 

Blocking?

46 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think the TE I have on top of my list right now is Durham Smythe. About 6'6 250lbs. Caught 34 out of his 41 passes backing up Gesicki. He's 26. He's probably my new favorite target. He's going to be a steal. 

Dolphins and Jets should have similar philosophy regarding offense so if Dolphins don't bring him back then something is wrong. ummm

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Dolphins and Jets should have similar philosophy regarding offense so if Dolphins don't bring him back then something is wrong. ummm

They tagged Gesicki. If he know he can go somewhere for a chance to start, agreeing to resign doesn't make sense for him. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Hassan Reddick excite anyone for us at DE? Or too small for our system?

Not necessarily but he’d only produce in passing downs in this scheme, which is still important but the price he likely commands you want a guy who can play all 3 downs for you. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

They tagged Gesicki. If he know he can go somewhere for a chance to start, agreeing to resign doesn't make sense for him. 

They are pals.  Anyway, Gesicki should continue lining up at slot for Dolphins so that will make TE spot available for Smythe.