2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

They are pals.  Anyway, Gesicki should continue lining up at slot for Dolphins so that will make TE spot available for Smythe.

Lol if you don't want him, just say it. 

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets will pass on Neal, anyway.

I didn't say let's get him. I'm just saying imagine having 2 OT's that size. 

21 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Lol if you don't want him, just say it. 

I take the fifth.😄

Gesicki lined up at slot for 55 pct of season snaps and 12 at TE last year.  If McDaniel appreciates Smythe's in line blocking skill then he should stay with Dolphins.  Gesicki is actually a friend with Smythe but I think he wants Smythe to stay with Dolphins so he can play slot regularly in new offense.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I take the fifth.😄

Gesicki lined up at slot for 55 pct of season snaps and 12 at TE last year.  If McDaniel appreciates Smythe's in line blocking skill then he should stay with Dolphins.  Gesicki is actually a friend with Smythe but I think he wants Smythe to stay with Dolphins so he can play slot regularly in new offense.

lol Gesicki is also someone who wanted out at one point. Them being friends isn't going to be the reason why he stay. Also, that was last coach's system. Gesicki will probably line back up at TE and push Smythe to #2 TE. Even if McDaniel likes his blocking, Smythe could possibly get a bigger role somewhere else. 

15 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Gesicki is also someone who wanted out at one point. Them being friends isn't going to be the reason why he stay. Also, that was last coach's system. Gesicki will probably line back up at TE and push Smythe to #2 TE. Even if McDaniel likes his blocking, Smythe could possibly get a bigger role somewhere else. 

I don't recall that Gesicki wants out.  Anyway, I didn't realize that they drafted Hunter Long last year so it is possible now.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I don't recall that Gesicki wants out.  Anyway, I didn't realize that they drafted Hunter Long last year so it is possible now.

I forgot about Hunter. I think he would be great to go for and we could still up a #2 TE in the draft to develop. Like Jelani Woods or wait until next year to get my guy Darnell Washington next year. lol 

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I forgot about Hunter. I think he would be great to go for and we could still up a #2 TE in the draft to develop. Like Jelani Woods or wait until next year to get my guy Darnell Washington next year. lol 

List your guys so I can put them on my blacklist.😏

Can't wait to find out who will be our TE.  Hopefully, one isn't on our "huh?" list.

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

List your guys so I can put them on my blacklist.😏

Can't wait to find out who will be our TE.  Hopefully, one isn't on our "huh?" list.

lol That would be hilarious, actually. All this TE talk and pick a guy no one has ever heard of. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Reports are saying we were interested in Cooper. So we definitely know JD is out there looking. 

I think there’s no question we know we need a starting WR. So we should be in on the top guys. Personally I prefer spending 10 or 35 on a guy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think there’s no question we know we need a starting WR. So we should be in on the top guys. Personally I prefer spending 10 or 35 on a guy

I think at this point, we will be looking at a mid level vet in FA and good prospect early. FA WR contracts are out of control.  I’d prefer not to draft one at 10 because I don’t see a huge difference between about 4 or 5 WR prospects. But it might be risky to hope one of those WR falls to 35.

I mentioned about a month ago that WR, PR and LT contracts are the highest positional groups and for good reason.  It benefits the team in the long run to draft those positions early rather than pay big $. I read that even Kirk could fetch $15M. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

I think at this point, we will be looking at a mid level vet in FA and good prospect early. FA WR contracts are out of control.  I’d prefer not to draft one at 10 because I don’t see a huge difference between about 4 or 5 WR prospects. But it might be risky to hope one of those WR falls to 35.

I mentioned about a month ago that WR, PR and LT contracts are the highest positional groups and for good reason.  It benefits the team in the long run to draft those positions early rather than pay big $. I read that even Kirk could fetch $15M. 

We had mid level ones in Crowder and Cole last year and we see how good that was for us. I don’t expect similar players brought in.