2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm curious as well. I'd give up a 2nd this year and a conditional pick for 2023 that will be based on his playing time. 

I don’t think that’s what it will cost if they’re likely to cut him anyway like Cooper. Cooper was pretty much traded for a 5th. I think at max Hunter could be had for a 3rd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think that’s what it will cost if they’re likely to cut him anyway like Cooper. Cooper was pretty much traded for a 5th. I think at max Hunter could be had for a 3rd

Look, if it only takes a 3rd , we better do it. 

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm curious as well. I'd give up a 2nd this year and a conditional pick for 2023 that will be based on his playing time. 

Would depend on how motivated they are to move him if they need to get off his cap number. If they HAVE to move him you could get him for cheap. See how Cooper’s market wasn’t really a market because 1. Dallas had to do it and 2. His cap number was a lot to take on.

Hunter is similar. However if they WANT to move him but are in no rush it might cost a bit more. 

Send them back their 4th and let’s just say we traded Herndon for Hunter.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Would depend on how motivated they are to move him if they need to get off his cap number. If they HAVE to move him you could get him for cheap. See how Cooper’s market wasn’t really a market because 1. Dallas had to do it and 2. His cap number was a lot to take on.

Hunter is similar. However if they WANT to move him but are in no rush it might cost a bit more. 

Would be a legendary move. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

From one of them. 

I didn't really care for Cooper, but I'm glad to see us in the market. 

I called that BS.  Big Time BS.

JD is said to have flexible salary movement.  Absorbing 20m doesn't meet that.

Jets have 2nd 5th round pick which is above Cowboys' 2 picks so it could be done for Jets by giving up both 5th round picks for Cooper and their last 5th round pick.   But nope JD didn't bother to beat Browns' pathetic offer.

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If Vikings successfully moved Cousins, it would be much easier to trade Hunter away.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I called that BS.  Big Time BS.

JD is said to have flexible salary movement.  Absorbing 20m doesn't meet that.

Jets have 2nd 5th round pick which is above Cowboys' 2 picks so it could be done for Jets by giving up both 5th round picks for Cooper and their last 5th round pick.   But nope JD didn't bother to beat Browns' pathetic offer.

This doesn't mean JD was really bidding. He was interested and reached out, but there are a lot of other options. They are not the only ones saying JD expressed interest. JD still has money he can free up if he really wanted him. He probably has his eyes on someone else. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

This doesn't mean JD was really bidding. He was interested and reached out, but there are a lot of other options. They are not the only ones saying JD expressed interest. JD still has money he can free up if he really wanted him. He probably has his eyes on someone else. 

Is that how JD still has GM job? lol.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Is that how JD still has GM job? lol.

lol The point is, JD is interested in adding another WR. If he expressed interest in Cooper, he'd probably actually make a move for a better WR if they are on the trading block and the price was right. He'd probably wait for Metcalf, Thomas, or a WR on that level if he was going to pay 20M. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

lol The point is, JD is interested in adding another WR. If he expressed interest in Cooper, he'd probably actually make a move for a better WR if they are on the trading block and the price was right. He'd probably wait for Metcalf, Thomas, or a WR on that level if he was going to pay 20M. 

If Jets are in Year 3 or 4, he should definitely interest in acquiring properly 20m valued WR.