2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He fits the mold of the guy who falls in between Davis and Moore skill wise. Produced well last year in a similar offense, 26 years old, won’t break the bank.

He checks off a few boxes. Is a 3 man group of Davis, Moore and Gage good enough for this fan base is the question?

Gage will stay with Falcons.  Watch.

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

And Corey Davis will not be our #1 WR. Elijah Moore will. 

And Corey Davis won't be our #2 WR either; whoever gets drafted #10 overall @ WR will become our #2 WR alongside of Elijah Moore.

And why? 

Because Joe Douglas isn't an idiot. 

That's why. 

Whatever helps you sleep well at night. You wanted to add a receiver with a 20M dollar cap hit. You do that and you can’t do anything else with the roster in free agency worth a damn without creating more holes.

Your fixation with Cowboys is odd. First it was Schultz, he got tagged and you pivoted to Cooper. He got shipped to Cleveland and now what you got left?

Just stop. Let the team come together and relax with this do it my way or it sucks attitude.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Whatever helps you sleep well at night. You wanted to add a receiver with a 20M dollar cap hit. You do that and you can’t do anything else with the roster in free agency worth a damn without creating more holes.

Your fixation with Cowboys is odd. First it was Schultz, he got tagged and you pivoted to Cooper. He got shipped to Cleveland and now what you got left?

Just stop. Let the team come together and relax with this do it my way or it sucks attitude.

All quiet again.   Good Job, KONY. lol

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He fits the mold of the guy who falls in between Davis and Moore skill wise. Produced well last year in a similar offense, 26 years old, won’t break the bank.

He checks off a few boxes. Is a 3 man group of Davis, Moore and Gage good enough for this fan base is the question?

I’d be good with him if we let Berrios walk. But to think he’s the answer for us at WR and to still not use one of our top 4 picks on a WR…. Would be a huge mistake.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t like Woody but this is truly what matters. No matter who we sign or draft we need those guys especially the high cap hit guys and high picks on the field producing and not on the IR or recovering from injury.

It’s very true. But we still need more talent obviously. And we have resources to do that. But the players taking care of their body, the training staff being better, etc all has to be better. We’ve been one of the most injured teams for the last couple years. And that’s just not a coincidence.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

And Corey Davis will not be our #1 WR. Elijah Moore will. 

And Corey Davis won't be our #2 WR either; whoever gets drafted #10 overall @ WR will become our #2 WR alongside of Elijah Moore.

And why? 

Because Joe Douglas isn't an idiot. 

That's why. 

I’d say the odds of us going WR at 10 right now are less than 25%. The likeliest additions at 4 and 10 are DE and OL.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d be good with him if we let Berrios walk. But to think he’s the answer for us at WR and to still not use one of our top 4 picks on a WR…. Would be a huge mistake.

I think we’ll do both and bring back Berrios if the price isn’t crazy. Remember future needs factor into the draft as well and with Davis being a cut candidate next year having someone in house to step into his spot would be huge without having to count on Mims development. George Pickens is a kid I really like in the 2nd round, maybe 3rd if he drops because of his injury.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think we’ll do both and bring back Berrios if the price isn’t crazy. Remember future needs factor into the draft as well and with Davis being a cut candidate next year having someone in house to step into his spot would be huge without having to count on Mims development. George Pickens is a kid I really like in the 2nd round, maybe 3rd if he drops because of his injury.

Pickens character is exactly what JD doesn’t like. He’s likely not even on our board. Dudes been suspended like 4 times.