2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d say the odds of us going WR at 10 right now are less than 25%. The likeliest additions at 4 and 10 are DE and OL.

If we don't draft a 1st round WR it'll be worse than Idzik drafting SS and TE Pryor and Amaro in a fully loaded WR draft class.

If JD doesn't address 1st round WR and Zach Wilson struggles because of it? 

JD would become a criminal.

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

If we don't draft a 1st round WR it'll be worse than Idzik drafting SS and TE Pryor and Amaro in a fully loaded WR draft class.

Don't call JD Idzik.

If Wilson struggles then he sucks.  Simple.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I don’t think for sure we don’t go WR at 10, in fact if I were GM I’d be drafting Burks or Wilson there. But I’m not the GM. And we have to think of the way our GM likes to build the team. Not just what I want to do. And he’s going to value the LOS before skill. But it depends on FA and the board. I mean we trade for Hunter, than we don’t need a DE high in the draft, upping the odds of us going WR.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The defense rests.

I should note that I like Pickens a lot as a player. Just doesn’t fit the mold of who JD brings in. Now the good news is that his antics aren’t addictions and such. Just seems like fights, no shows and such. Things that maybe can be fixed. But let’s say you have a guy like Watson and Pickens on the board at 38 and we’ve seen Watson for a week and his work ethic and such. I’d bet A LOT of money on us drafting Watson over Pickens

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I should note that I like Pickens a lot as a player. Just doesn’t fit the mold of who JD brings in. Now the good news is that his antics aren’t addictions and such. Just seems like fights, no shows and such. Things that maybe can be fixed. But let’s say you have a guy like Watson and Pickens on the board at 38 and we’ve seen Watson for a week and his work ethic and such. I’d bet A LOT of money on us drafting Watson over Pickens

That’s a good point. Watson’s work ethic was on display for the team so it’d give him the edge over Pickens, who’s more talented, but as you said comes with some issues.

Interested to see how fast the market moves this year. Last year we actually made some moves early on in Jarrod Davis, Lawson and Corey Davis. Which JD kind of has the mentality is to not overpay right out of the gate and get the right players at the right price. So we will see how that goes. I think it’s at noon tomorrow is when deals can be verbally done.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Is it true the Cowboys, traded Cooper to the Browns for a fifth & six round draft picks, if that is true that is the worst trade since the 49ers traded Y A Title to the Giants for Lou Cordileone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Is it true the Cowboys, traded Cooper to the Browns for a fifth & six round draft picks, if that is true that is the worst trade since the 49ers traded Y A Title to the Giants for Lou Cordileone.

On the surface it appears that way but how did it work out for the Cowboys when they traded for Cooper?  My point is that it appears to be a steal for Cleveland, but unless Cooper has a monster year and helps them get into the playoffs, this trade will be nothing more than a footnote.

If you want to compare the trade you mentioned to a recent NFL trade, look no further than our own trade of Adams.