2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Just now, Bobby816 said:

You’d have to imagine we’d be hit in the WR market if Berrios signs elsewhere. I mean we’d have to be the only team in the league with only 3 WRs under contract and 1 of those 3 still a mystery in Mims.

Wouldn’t it be amazing if Mims comes in fresh and healthy for TC and can be that deep threat for us. After his rookie play I fully expected him to kick on last year 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You’d have to imagine we’d be hit in the WR market if Berrios signs elsewhere. I mean we’d have to be the only team in the league with only 3 WRs under contract and 1 of those 3 still a mystery in Mims.

Which is why people suggesting we cut him or trade him for a 6th or 7th are insane. He’s still young. Has some good traits just needs polish. Obviously can’t count on him but can’t give him up.

2 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Wouldn’t it be amazing if Mims comes in fresh and healthy for TC and can be that deep threat for us. After his rookie play I fully expected him to kick on last year 

Between getting sick and the route tree not maximizing his skill set I’m shocked we didn’t see this coming. He’s always been a vertical guy and we don’t run much 7/8/9 stuff.

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Which is why people suggesting we cut him or trade him for a 6th or 7th are insane. He’s still young. Has some good traits just needs polish. Obviously can’t count on him but can’t give him up.

A lot of WRs take 2 whole seasons to adjust. JD sounds committed to him. The issue last year seemed to be him grasping the offense. You’d have to think he has it down now. Any game is a lot easier when you don’t have to think and can just play ball. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see him be a part of this offense a lot more this season.

That being said… I don’t think we’re counting on him as a starting outside WR. I think we’re looking at him as the 4th or maybe even 5th guy on our depth chart.

Kirk and Gage are the names I think we could be hot on. Kirk might get overpaid, so I could see us out on him. But Gage should be in JDs comfort zone. X factors I think we could have interest in are AR and possibly even JuJu.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

A lot of WRs take 2 whole seasons to adjust. JD sounds committed to him. The issue last year seemed to be him grasping the offense. You’d have to think he has it down now. Any game is a lot easier when you don’t have to think and can just play ball. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see him be a part of this offense a lot more this season.

That being said… I don’t think we’re counting on him as a starting outside WR. I think we’re looking at him as the 4th or maybe even 5th guy on our depth chart.

Kirk and Gage are the names I think we could be hot on. Kirk might get overpaid, so I could see us out on him. But Gage should be in JDs comfort zone. X factors I think we could have interest in are AR and possibly even JuJu.

I think we can grab Gage at a good price if we get him early, if Kirk goes first then Gage’s price increases. AR will command the biggest contract AAV wise, could see a one year deal for him on a contender after what he’s been through the last couple years in Chicago.