2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Not to throw cold water on this, but how would Hardee know anything about the Jets plans regarding players in NO?  The legal tampering period does not start until noon today.  If the Jets asked Hardee about any NO players, it is probably something they do to every FA they acquire.

If you think that players don't have a general idea of their market and what teams are interested at this point, then I don't know what to tell you, man!

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Thank God. His days are pretty much out numbered.

I think by the end of the day the Jets will have Brandon S. and Marcus Williams.   

I'd love both Brandon Scherff @ RG and Marcus Williams @ FS because that'll plug two gigantic holes @ RG/FS with two big name star players. 

Heading into the draft we'd then hand upgraded two huge weaknesses and turned them into strengths. 

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If you think that players don't have a general idea of their market and what teams are interested at this point, then I don't know what to tell you, man!

How would they know more than the general fan base?  Did JD talk to him and say we are going after player X?  I somehow doubt that.

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'd love both Brandon Scherff @ RG and Marcus Williams @ FS because that'll plug two gigantic holes @ RG/FS with two big name star players. 

Heading into the draft we'd then hand upgraded two huge weaknesses and turned them into strengths. 

Yeah I’d love both of them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

How would they know more than the general fan base?  Did JD talk to him and say we are going after player X?  I somehow doubt that.

Its a business - you hear things in business

Agents are connected, players are connected, this, that

The same way that Connor Hughes for example knows that we are heavily interested in Marcus Williams is the same way Marcus Williams knows that they are

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Pass. About 3 years too late

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Agree would much rather Daniels

If he can stay healthy then having Scherff would be a massive + for this offense and gives us another big time player on the o-line. 

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

People talk man. When I played soccer I’d know players (ex teammates etc) were signing for teams way before if was official. Happens all the time. 

Just now, Bianconero said:

Its a business - you hear things in business

Agents are connected, players are connected, this, that

The same way that Connor Hughes for example knows that we are heavily interested in Marcus Williams is the same way Marcus Williams knows that they are

Since I want the Jets to get Marcus, I just prefer to be pessimistic so I won't be disappointed when they don't get him.  Therefore, no one knows anything other than rumors.  I just take that Hardee tweet as speculation since there can be no contact before noon.  Since the Jets are going to be connected to a boatload of FA, any reporting on a player is nothing more than we as fans guess at.  But, I hope Hardee is correct and I hope its Williams.