2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This Christian Kirk deal is insane on every level

I'm a Kirk fan... but not like he's a top 10 WR in the NFL good. Geeeeez. Really screws up the market for us now though for guys like AR, Chark or Gage. Now they're going to want more money than they're worth and can point to him now. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm a Kirk fan... but not like he's a top 10 WR in the NFL good. Geeeeez. Really screws up the market for us now though for guys like AR, Chark or Gage. Now they're going to want more money than they're worth and can point to him now. 

So we don't sign one of them and draft our future $30M WR.  I'm good with that.  However, because we are lacking in the WR department, I still expect a WR in FA.  I'm just not expecting a high $ FA.  Maybe Cole comes back.

Looks like people are expecting Tomlinson to be a RG for us. It makes sense. AVT is still getting comfortable. Tomlinson is experienced enough to make the switch and still be good. 

Williams at safety would be nice, but I'm not locked on him. 

One thing about the Kirk deal is that it may actually may have a different impact on the top WRs available. Someone like Adams or AR15 may push for a bigger deal, but a top team like the Packers won't make those types of offers. It would come from a team like the jags or they will have to take a pay around the same as him. I can't see the Packers paying Adams $25yr to top his 21m.