2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Don’t want us to overpay Williams. I like him as a player. Just don’t think FS is a 10+mill position. And Gilmore I’m actually all for if the price is right. Can be great for these young CBs to learn from, while starting for us at a high level still for a year or 2.

To revamp this secondary I would love:

*Marcus Williams on a 4yr/$65m deal. 

*Stephon Gilmore on a 2yr/$30m deal. 

*Marcus Maye on a 1yr/$8m deal. 

Still flexibility moving forward and good veterans who can help the young guys in the secondary. 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

To revamp this secondary I would love:

*Marcus Williams on a 4yr/$65m deal. 

*Stephon Gilmore on a 2yr/$30m deal. 

*Marcus Maye on a 1yr/$8m deal. 

Still flexibility moving forward and good veterans who can help the young guys in the secondary. 

Maye I’m pretty sure is done here. 

Starters Defensively at the moment. 

DE - Lawson

DT - QWilliams 

DT - Rankins

DE - JFM

SLB - QWilliams

MLB - Sherwood

WLB - Mosley

CB - Hall

S - Joyner

S - Davis

CB - Echols

NB - Carter II

In a perfect world for me guys like Davis, Sherwood, Nasirildeen and Quincy develop more this year and become starters in 2023. It would be amazing if the latter 3 could be our line backing core. Davis play S3 behind Joyner and then taking over would be huge if not we could always draft a guy. The Line really needs Lawson to be healthy. Rankins cannot start. We also need another EDGE for 3rd downs. I don’t see us signing one to play anything outside of a depth role(think Vinny Curry). DT is a concern but usually an easy plug.  Linebacker is important, you hope the young guys step up but I think they’re still a year off due to limited snaps and reps last year because of injury. Cornerback is up and down. Echols is the Berrios of the CB room in that he has value but shouldn’t be a starter. 

31 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I saw a few things this morning that made out that he couple possibly return on a 1yr deal. Not sure what’s going on with his legal case. 

More of a reason there’s no way brings him back. We’re bringing in leaders. Not guys with pending legal issues

So yesterday was about the offense and plugging holes.

Brought back Berrios on a great deal. But we can’t be fooled into thinking we’re good there. He’s a 4th guy. Ideally we draft a guy in the 1st 2 rounds still and get a vet for depth maybe.

Brought in Tomlinson who’s a a great OG. Best G play we have since Moore and Faneca. Carter will blow up this year IMO.

Brought in Uzomoah at TE. Like this move from a stability standpoint. Still not a “great” weapon. But 100% better than what we had. Still think we need a guy in the draft. But at least it’s not a glaring hole going into the draft.

Day 2 I expect us to work on the defense. DE, LB, CB, S and DT can be addressed.

We’ve been linked to Gilmore and Williams, but you can bet JD isn’t overpaying. So we’ll see how that goes. Barnett at DE is still a guy I’d keep an eye on. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

More of a reason there’s no way brings him back. We’re bringing in leaders. Not guys with pending legal issues

Eh that doesn't seem fair - people make mistakes, and outside this one incident Maye's given us no reason to believe he's anything but a high character guy. Quite the opposite. Seems very well respected, soft-spoken, no drama, former captain.. etc. One DUI doesn't preclude him from being a leader, certainly doesn't define him.

Serious injury while 'forced' to play on the franchise tag, feel for him in that regard. Hate the tag for that reason. That alone might be enough to have severed the relationship here, but at a reasonable price he'd be a great signing IMO. Has show high-end ability and could be had very cheap. Now if we were to land Williams, can't imagine he'd love the optics there. Feeling like you've sacrificed for a team, only to line up next to a big money FA while still playing with no security - tough pill to swallow for anyone, ego aside.