2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

This post is an F-

So has 11 years in a row with 0 playoffs. 

• #2 Available Salary Cap Space heading into FA? 

• #1 Ranked Draft Capital?

Joe Douglas better not have yet another losing season. 

The honeymoon excuses are over.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Funny how the same guy Joe Douglas learned from in Ozzie Newsome knew how to close the deal on the NFLs #1 and best Free Safety in Marcus Williams.

But Joe Douglas didn't know how to get it done. 

Your meds apparently aren't effective. lol.

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Joe Douglas has signed a lot of FA scrubs since arriving. 

But there was no excuse to not land Marcus Williams. 

Ozzie Newsome his "mentor" did though 🤭😆🤭.

Daniel Son just got embarrassed by Mr. Miyagi. 

And now our Safety talent will be stinking awful heading into the draft.

Your JD can do no wrong is worrisome.

Heading into FA with the 2nd most available Salary Cap Space + the NFLs #1 ranked Draft Capital?

There will become a 0.00% tolerance for excuses if his Jets have another 2-14 or 4-13 type of season.

6-11 won't even be good enough.

1st off you're guessing. How do you know that JD didn't have the exact same offer on the table or even for that matter a bigger deal, and that just Williams chose BAL bc they're a win now team.

And even if he didn't want to pay that, than that's ok too. Maybe he just doesn't see S as a valuable position (I know I don't either). So he doesn't want to spend 15mill in cap on one of the least valuable positions on the field. 

I had no clue that it was sign Marcus Williams or the whole S group is garbage no matter who we still might bring in FA or/and the draft. My bad.

Your thread yesterday now means absolutely nothing. And shows you've learned nothing on how this franchise runs now in trying to build something that will LAST, not just flavor of the year.

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

You point to meds instead of admitting Ozzie Newsome was successful at something Joe Douglas just failed @? 

Marcus Williams Saints Defense GIF by New Orleans Saints

Quite frankly if you were GM we'd maybe have a couple more wins, but we'd be in cap hell for the foreseeable future with aging players.

Show me the long list of teams that win FA and spend hugely that win and built a good team that way?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

1st off you're guessing. How do you know that JD didn't have the exact same offer on the table or even for that matter a bigger deal, and that just Williams chose BAL bc they're a win now team.

And even if he didn't want to pay that, than that's ok too. Maybe he just doesn't see S as a valuable position (I know I don't either). So he doesn't want to spend 15mill in cap on one of the least valuable positions on the field. 

I had no clue that it was sign Marcus Williams or the whole S group is garbage no matter who we still might bring in FA or/and the draft. My bad.

Your thread yesterday now means absolutely nothing. And shows you've learned nothing on how this franchise runs now in trying to build something that will LAST, not just flavor of the year.

Just know that if Joe Douglas has another 2-14 and/or 4-13 type of losing season come 2022 that his approach isn't working and his approach means absolutely nothingness.

His Defense just ranked almost dead last everywhere but yet has failed at landing not even 1 Defensive FA impactful player. 

And don't get SS vs. FS confused. Free Safety is as important as ever before.

I liked our FA yesterday but he just got an F- at failing to land Marcus Williams while letting Ozzie Newsome get him. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Quite frankly if you were GM we'd maybe have a couple more wins, but we'd be in cap hell for the foreseeable future with aging players.

Show me the long list of teams that win FA and spend hugely that win and built a good team that way?

Na according to fans and mods of the general board salary cap hell doesn't exist, it's not real and is a myth.

Let me ask you something dude. 

Can Joe Douglas do no wrong in your eyes?

13 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

You point to meds instead of admitting Ozzie Newsome was successful at something Joe Douglas just failed @? 

It took Ozzie double digit years to capture Super Bowl ring.  I dont' want JD to follow that path. Thank You.

16 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

If you look at all of Ozzie's signings since he was GM of the Ravens (1996 - 2018) there were really no major big FA splashes.  Some very good players, but nothing to overly celebrate.  Tony Siragusa? Matt Birk? Shannon Sharpe?  Rod Woodson?  Earl Thomas? Maybe Williams is part of the good FA signings for the Ravens, maybe not.  But Ozzie has not been GM since 2018.  So, yeah, JD is doing almost exactly what Ozzie has done over the course of 22 years.

If you want to compare JD to Ozzie, lets see how Wilson develops.  Ozzie had Flacco and a great D and run game.  If Wilson can be like Flacco or even better, we hope,  we will win games.

Edited by xrade

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

If you look at all of Ozzie's signings since he was GM of the Ravens (1996 - 2018) there were really no major big FA splashes.  Some very good players, but nothing to overly celebrate.  Tony Siragusa? Matt Birk? Shannon Sharpe?  Rod Woodson?  Earl Thomas? Maybe Williams is part of the good FA signings for the Ravens, maybe not.  But Ozzie has not been GM since 2018.  So, yeah, JD is doing almost exactly what Ozzie has done over the course of 22 years.

If you want to compare JD to Ozzie, lets see how Wilson develops.  Ozzie had Flacco and a great D and run game.  If Wilson can be like Flacco or even better, we hope,  we will win games.

11 years of no playoffs and Joe Douglas will help make it 12. 

What, we're going to give him 10+ years to field a winning team while showing no sense of urgency? 

Because if you think you're contending for a SB with nothing but Rookie and 2nd year players with little to no true impactful players throughout FA/Trade I believe you're mistaken.

For all of you Joe Douglas can do no wrong Jets fans...

What will you be saying after another 2-14/4-13 losing season? 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

17 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Just know that if Joe Douglas has another 2-14 and/or 4-13 type of losing season come 2022 that his approach isn't working and his approach means absolutely nothingness.

His Defense just ranked almost dead last everywhere but yet has failed at landing not even 1 Defensive FA impactful player. 

And don't get SS vs. FS confused. Free Safety is as important as ever before.

I liked our FA yesterday but he just got an F- at failing to land Marcus Williams while letting Ozzie Newsome get him. 

If we are a 2-4 win team it ain’t because we didn’t sign a Safety lol. You just made a post yesterday congratulating everyone and now you’re flying off the hinges. 

Every year it seems like some fans forget that we are trying to sign human beings who actually think for themselves. There are so many aspects that go into these decisions for every player. It's very possible JD offered Williams 16 per year, but he chose Baltimore because he wanted to play for an organization that has won more recently. Maybe his girl friend/wife didn't want to move to NY, maybe he didn't like NY. We may never know. We aren't going to get every guy we want and sometimes it's regardless of the money offered. 

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we are a 2-4 win team it ain’t because we didn’t sign a Safety lol. You just made a post yesterday congratulating everyone and now you’re flying off the hinges. 

If we don't seriously compete next year his approach isn't working and I won't stand for any 2023 offseason excuses. 

He better build us at least an 8-9 win team this year.

33 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Joe Douglas has signed a lot of FA scrubs since arriving. 

But there was no excuse to not land Marcus Williams. 

Ozzie Newsome his "mentor" did though 🤭😆🤭.

Daniel Son just got embarrassed by Mr. Miyagi. 

And now our Safety talent will be stinking awful heading into the draft.

Your JD can do no wrong is worrisome.

Heading into FA with the 2nd most available Salary Cap Space + the NFLs #1 ranked Draft Capital?

There will become a 0.00% tolerance for excuses if his Jets have another 2-14 or 4-13 type of season.

6-11 won't even be good enough.

ozzie newsome hasn't been the ravens GM in four years

• Like 1