2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

47 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Na according to fans and mods of the general board salary cap hell doesn't exist, it's not real and is a myth.

Let me ask you something dude. 

Can Joe Douglas do no wrong in your eyes?

I think he's done plenty things wrong that I would've done differently. But I'm not the GM. For example I wanted to draft Wirfs instead of Becton. I would've drafted Claypool in Round 2 rather than trading back and drafting Mims. And that's just top picks in that draft year for examples. But I'm a fan and am not going to complain every day things weren't done my way. I'll support and cheer who we do have. That's called being a fan. Yes we're a frustrated fan base bc the lack of success. But you want short term success. Where Me and JD want long term success. And that's the main difference. 

The way you apparently want to build this team is Madden style. And in reality that doesn't happen for any NFL team, never mind us. Since you've joined this forum, you're takes are a 180 from the way this team has shown its going to be built. You can not like that approach, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But every team a FA signs or a trade goes down, you go back to how awful we are and how bad the team is run. It's a 100% fact that good teams that will last for a long time being good are built through the draft. As I stated (which you conveniently ignored) name me the long list of teams that win FA and stay consistently good with those FA pickups? Good teams fill holes in FA and rely on the draft to get there core players. And that's what we've seen JD do. He's made our draft capital incredible in just a couple off-season's to where we can even try to build the core of this team. Yet he's garbage in your eyes bc he didn't trade for Cooper, sign JC Jackson and Marcus Williams to put us in cap Hell for 3 years and not able to bring anyone in for years besides the draft.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he's done plenty things wrong that I would've done differently. But I'm not the GM. For example I wanted to draft Wirfs instead of Becton. I would've drafted Claypool in Round 2 rather than trading back and drafting Mims. And that's just top picks in that draft year for examples. But I'm a fan and am not going to complain every day things weren't done my way. I'll support and cheer who we do have. That's called being a fan. Yes we're a frustrated fan base bc the lack of success. But you want short term success. Where Me and JD want long term success. And that's the main difference. 

The way you apparently want to build this team is Madden style. And in reality that doesn't happen for any NFL team, never mind us. Since you've joined this forum, you're takes are a 180 from the way this team has shown its going to be built. You can not like that approach, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But every team a FA signs or a trade goes down, you go back to how awful we are and how bad the team is run. It's a 100% fact that good teams that will last for a long time being good are built through the draft. As I stated (which you conveniently ignored) name me the long list of teams that win FA and stay consistently good with those FA pickups? Good teams fill holes in FA and rely on the draft to get there core players. And that's what we've seen JD do. He's made our draft capital incredible in just a couple off-season's to where we can even try to build the core of this team. Yet he's garbage in your eyes bc he didn't trade for Cooper, sign JC Jackson and Marcus Williams to put us in cap Hell for 3 years and not able to bring anyone in for years besides the draft.

Oh yeah. Right. He wouldn't overpay for J.C. Jackson/Marcus Williams at not even $20M per year but he'll sign a scrub Seattle 4 career INTs to an $11M per year deal for 3 years? 

That's pathetic.

6 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Oh yeah. Right. He wouldn't overpay for J.C. Jackson/Marcus Williams at not even $20M per year but he'll sign a scrub Seattle 4 career INTs to an $11M per year deal for 3 years? 

That's pathetic.

I find it pathetic that you think a CB is only as good as his INT numbers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I find it pathetic that you think a CB is only as good as his INT numbers

He got picked on plenty of times in Seattle in coverage.

$11M per year for this guy? 

WTF is Joe Douglas doing?

I think it's PATHETIC you thought that (less than) $20M per for both of J.C. Jackson/Marcus Williams was too "rich" for Joe Douglas. 

But then you'll approve and sign off on DJ Reed? 

@ $11M per year? 

Now that's pathetic.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Terrell Edmunds still out there at S FYI

I would rather him over Honey Badger. Would like more size and length back there since we went with a smaller corner. At the end of the day though, if you can play you can play but I like Edmunds upside. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Terrell Edmunds still out there at S FYI

He's a box Safety. 

And even PFF apparently hates him.

You over pay for proven NFL stars like Amari Cooper, J.C. Jackson and Marcus Williams. 

Guys like DJ Reed and now your suggested Terrell Edmunds are players who you do not over pay for (under any circumstances whatsoever).