2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He got picked on plenty of times in Seattle in coverage.

$11M per year for this guy? 

WTF is Joe Douglas doing?

I think it's PATHETIC you thought that (less than) $20M per for both of J.C. Jackson/Marcus Williams was too "rich" for Joe Douglas. 

But then you'll approve and sign off on DJ Reed? 

@ $11M per year? 

Now that's pathetic.

S isn't a valuable position for me. So I have no issue with us not shelling out ton of money for a not even close to valuable position. The only big value I saw in Williams was that yes he's good... but mainly that he's still only 25, so he's not just an overpay to win now rental.

Jackson got paid and is getting a WAY bigger deal than we gave Reed. I get to you its just numbers. But a 7mill difference is HUGE. That's the difference of us not resigning Berrios for example. I'd take Berrios and Reed over just JC Jackson all day.

AND ONCE AGAIN.... you have no clue if we did offer JC Jackson 21mill/per and offered Williams 16mill/per, and they just decided to sign elsewhere. LAC and BAL are better teams than us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

S isn't a valuable position for me. So I have no issue with us not shelling out ton of money for a not even close to valuable position. The only big value I saw in Williams was that yes he's good... but mainly that he's still only 25, so he's not just an overpay to win now rental.

Jackson got paid and is getting a WAY bigger deal than we gave Reed. I get to you its just numbers. But a 7mill difference is HUGE. That's the difference of us not resigning Berrios for example. I'd take Berrios and Reed over just JC Jackson all day.

AND ONCE AGAIN.... you have no clue if we did offer JC Jackson 21mill/per and offered Williams 16mill/per, and they just decided to sign elsewhere. LAC and BAL are better teams than us.

It really doesn't even matter who he missed out on anymore.

Because paying $11M per year for DJ Reed is criminal dude.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He's a box Safety. 

And even PFF apparently hates him.

You over pay for proven NFL stars like Amari Cooper, J.C. Jackson and Marcus Williams. 

Guys like DJ Reed and now your suggested Terrell Edmunds are players who you do not over pay for (under any circumstances whatsoever). 

Ya and Saleh and Ulbreich like having a box S, so what's your point? PFF doesn't like him? Oh No.

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

It really doesn't even matter who he missed out on anymore.

Because paying $11M per year for DJ Reed is criminal dude.

Do you even know what kind of system our offense and defense run? And how certain players fit? 

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

How much you willing to pay for him? Another $11M? Top funny.

Now if you know anything about what positions cost... 11mill for a CB puts Reed as the 19th best CB. 11mill for a S top 10.

And if you know our system... it relies on CB play more so than S play. 

28 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Oh yeah. Right. He wouldn't overpay for J.C. Jackson/Marcus Williams at not even $20M per year but he'll sign a scrub Seattle 4 career INTs to an $11M per year deal for 3 years? 

That's pathetic.

do you think Marlon Humphrey is a good corner?

2 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Would you prefer Edmunds or whitehead? I'm good with either. 

I like Edmunds more, but think he'll cost more. I'd actually be happy with either. But since I don't think it will cost a ton for Edmunds, I'd rather him. 

• Like 1

I'm done with complaining about another horrible JD FA. 

Just know if we fail to compete and have another 2-14/4-13 type of failure of a season?

And even after JD went into FA ranked #2 in available Salary Cap Space + #1 in NFL draft capital?

He'll then deserve to be fired. 

2022 = 3rd (full) year as GM.

Either win or get lost. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

6 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Would you prefer Edmunds or whitehead? I'm good with either. 

Whitehead, and it's not even close.  Edmunds is seriously awful tackling.  I'd rather deshon elliot,  ronnie harrison, or desmond king over edmunds