2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

like the whitehead move, box safety type, not much a centerfielder

would still like us to take some fliers on high talent guys like LVE and even Will Fuller

Actually surprised we haven’t done anything at LB. Still only Day 2 though. But that also leaves my want of us drafting Christian Harris in Round 2 alive 😉 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Actually surprised we haven’t done anything at LB. Still only Day 2 though. But that also leaves my want of us drafting Christian Harris in Round 2 alive 😉 

i think it's smart to wait on LB.  With the devaluation of the position around the league, you'll see more guys like Jack hit the market

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Really none out there

Wagner prob wants to play for a contender, Jack was just released but was really bad last year and most everybody else would be more depth guys than starters

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I mean its not a no fly zone but they're all good players, good tacklers. The key is always going to be what happens with the front 7 shutting the run down and front 4 getting pressure. The backend improved from last year.

Joyner and Whitehead are better than Davis and Riley who ended the year.

Reed is better than Echols. 

I mean positionally I wanted a vet starting cornerback and safety so I’m happy. 

Im not convinced on the players simply because I haven’t seen enough of them but I will take yours (and others!) word for it! 

If your wrong though I’m hunting you down 😉😉

Edited by KimuraGod

5 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I mean positionally I wanted a vet starting cornerback and safety so I’m happy. 

Im not convinced on the players simply because I haven’t seen enough of them but I will take yours (and others!) word for it! 

If your wrong though I’m hunting you down 😉😉

Don't hunt me down, Joe did that shhhhh

Regardless of what happens the major improvements for this team will be on Zach and the pass rush. However we've supplemented Zach with a quality OL when healthy and a new TE. He'll get another receiver or 2 as well. He simply has to build on those last few weeks of play in terms of decision making and comfort and get off to good starts. 

Secondary looks to be set for the most part, have to think investments will be made draft wise into that front 7.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Regardless of what happens the major improvements for this team will be on Zach and the pass rush. However we've supplemented Zach with a quality OL when healthy and a new TE. He'll get another receiver or 2 as well. He simply has to build on those last few weeks of play in terms of decision making and comfort and get off to good starts. 

Secondary looks to be set for the most part, have to think investments will be made draft wise into that front 7.

Yup. Go DE at 4 WR at 10 and then all options are open after that. LB, DT, TE, OL can always use help too

I am happy with these moves. We added several quality players to our core and have the ability to add potentially 4 impact players from the draft. If we actually stay healthy for once we should at the very least be in the hunt. If this team sucks its either because we dont have the QB or the HC...time will tell.

• Like 2

Joe Douglas is killing it. Winning FA doesn't make you a SB team, but he is making smart moves that is getting us valuable starters that gives us flexibility heading into the draft. 

Adding all players who love football, great locker room guys, and leaders.   

I'd like to add a EDGE rusher high in the draft, add a LBer, another safety is still needed, maybe another CB. We need to add a starting caliber WR to really push our WR corps up there, another TE, and add depth to the OL. 

If Carl Lawson can stay healthy, and we get another EDGE that turns out being good, our defense could get much better.  

Bringing back Marcus Maye on a cheap deal might be a good move. 

Just now, doumeyer said:

After yesterday and todays pickups it sure looks like we will draft a WR with one of our first round picks.

I am fine with that, there are some I like.  Elijah Moore I Have high hopes for, add another guy outside with Corey Davis. Give Wilson the weapons and support.