2022 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This forum was a big fan of Andy Isabella during the 2019 Draft season. Will be interesting to see what the addition can bring.

Smart. We don’t have a legitimate backup to what Duvernay has provided us as an elite return man and quality receiver.

That concussion the other game really was worrisome, while we have Proche, he doesn’t have the same speed to threaten.

I doubt Andy Isabella makes an immediate impact, but given time to practice and develop under Keith Williams and I’m sure rebuild his confidence, he might be someone to be a legitimate backup for what Duvernay brings.

At least those are my thoughts on this.

• Like 1

the sad part is Desean Jackson is actually a substantial upgrade over the likes of Tylan Wallace.

we need to just admit we are completely useless at drafting receivers and start trading picks for established guys if that is what we’re going to do

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

• 3 weeks later...

He goes into the spot opened up by placing Bateman on injured reserve.

There's some... interesting... roster imbalances right now. Five tight ends and eleven linebackers. I feel like this will be corrected shortly with a bye week coming and so many guys (probably) getting healthy.

31 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

He goes into the spot opened up by placing Bateman on injured reserve.

There's some... interesting... roster imbalances right now. Five tight ends and eleven linebackers. I feel like this will be corrected shortly with a bye week coming and so many guys (probably) getting healthy.

Hopefully this means less Josh Oliver, Boyle can hopefully be the other “blocking TE” while Kolar should at least have better hands and a superior catch radius to Oliver.

IIRC my evaluation has Kolar as a terrible blocking TE, but that has some Dennis Pitta to his game. Also based off his combine measurables, he should provide enough speed to threaten the seam vertically too, which should successfully replace what Oliver brings to the table as a receiver, only with what should be more consistent hands.

10 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Hopefully this means less Josh Oliver, Boyle can hopefully be the other “blocking TE” while Kolar should at least have better hands and a superior catch radius to Oliver.

IIRC my evaluation has Kolar as a terrible blocking TE, but that has some Dennis Pitta to his game. Also based off his combine measurables, he should provide enough speed to threaten the seam vertically too, which should successfully replace what Oliver brings to the table as a receiver, only with what should be more consistent hands.

Boyle has been healthy for several weeks and the team is basically actively refusing to use him even as that. I wouldn't count on Boyle doing anything of note at this point.

Josh Oliver has been pretty solid in his role this year IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Boyle has been healthy for several weeks and the team is basically actively refusing to use him even as that. I wouldn't count on Boyle doing anything of note at this point.

Josh Oliver has been pretty solid in his role this year IMO

I don’t know if the problem with Boyle is just health. It looks like in recovery he  dropped a crap ton of weight. He still looks small, but looks bigger than he did in camp. If he can bulk up and be what he used to be, I’ll take his hands over Oliver.

4 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Josh Oliver has been solid this year. 

I disagree. He’s averaging 5.2 yards per target following up an abysmal 4.4 yards per target last season.

He’s not a dominating enough of a blocker to be putting up those type of receiving numbers IMO. He needs to be at least around 6-7 YPT. Patrick Ricard has been a solid receiver IMO. Oliver has been below average.

And it’s not like they’ve just been bad targets. I feel like some of them, had they been Likely or Andrews would have been caught. They were slightly off target throws in some cases that because of Oliver’s slower reaction time led to double catches and/or drops.

We need to be preparing for the playoffs and finding which options can be our best receiving threats moving forward. If we had Bateman on the team, I’d be okay with Oliver.

But as it stands we need more receiving talents to emerge and if that means Charlie Kolar and running 3-4 TE sets, then so be it. But I don’t see Oliver as someone to rely on within a playoff run.