2022 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t know if the problem with Boyle is just health. It looks like in recovery he  dropped a crap ton of weight. He still looks small, but looks bigger than he did in camp. If he can bulk up and be what he used to be, I’ll take his hands over Oliver.

I disagree. He’s averaging 5.2 yards per target following up an abysmal 4.4 yards per target last season.

He’s not a dominating enough of a blocker to be putting up those type of receiving numbers IMO. He needs to be at least around 6-7 YPT. Patrick Ricard has been a solid receiver IMO. Oliver has been below average.

And it’s not like they’ve just been bad targets. I feel like some of them, had they been Likely or Andrews would have been caught. They were slightly off target throws in some cases that because of Oliver’s slower reaction time led to double catches and/or drops.

We need to be preparing for the playoffs and finding which options can be our best receiving threats moving forward. If we had Bateman on the team, I’d be okay with Oliver.

But as it stands we need more receiving talents to emerge and if that means Charlie Kolar and running 3-4 TE sets, then so be it. But I don’t see Oliver as someone to rely on within a playoff run.

We're talking about our 3rd TE lol I'm not going to pretend we need him to have some amazing YPT or something. He's basically a 5th option on any passing play while also being an edge blocker.

I don't think there's any metric or person out there up in arms about our 3rd TE right now.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're talking about our 3rd TE lol I'm not going to pretend we need him to have some amazing YPT or something. He's basically a 5th option on any passing play while also being an edge blocker.

I don't think there's any metric or person out there up in arms about our 3rd TE right now.

I get what you’re saying, but in 2019 Hayden Hurst was our #3 TE and was asked to make countless plays and that receiving core was better than what we have now. So I definitely think if this team is to be a contender within the playoffs, we need to develop a better #3 TE as a worthy receiver.

We have a two year sample size showing the Oliver isn’t necessarily going to be that plus receiving threat. If anything he’s solid to IMO below average.

With this overall crappy receiving core I’m not convinced that’ll be enough firepower in the event that the game turns into a shootout, so someone like Kolar who was a known receiving threat in college- He put up over 2x the yards and 3x the touchdowns as Oliver during the respective collegiate careers- is someone that I’d like to see what he brings to the table.

21 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Ken McKusick, PFF, and my eyeballs value Oliver this year so I'm going to trust them.

YPT on such a small sample size is ridiculous.

I certainly wouldn’t say that 25 targets is a small sample size. He’s 4.7 YPT with us  in 23 games.

If our 3rd TE didn’t play as many snaps as it does, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But when you have 5 TEs on the roster because you have a trash WR core, your 3rd TE is going to be more instrumental within the passing attack… and Oliver as a pro nor in college (drafted on potential/athleticism) has ever displayed that he was a consistent threat within the passing attack. Kolar has shown that at the collegiate level he was 2x more productive a receiver and 3x more productive a redzone threat.

Oliver was leapfrogged by Likely who has been the far superior receiving option to Oliver. So if Kolar can similarly upgrade Oliver as a receiver than I’m willing to sacrifice a little bit in the blocking department to make that happen.

… Or are you saying that you believe Oliver has been a good receiving option?

EDIT: I can see how his blocking with receiving might have you quantify him as “solid” but with his receiving merits alone, would you find him solid to good? Or would you find him below average?

I realized after rereading it how it might’ve come across as seeming rhetorical and thus condescending.

Edited by diamondbull424

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Hopefully this means that EDC and Harbaugh are finally going to put some size options at WR out there for Lamar.

I don’t expect Victor or Bridges to turn into TO or anything, but they’ve got to be better than the negative play practice warrior Proche has provided and the absolute nothingness that Wallace had brought to the table. I feel confident Lamar can do well with some catch radius options, with Victor being from the same Pompano beach area as Lamar, maybe they might build some chemistry.

Though on a grander scale, I’m hoping this signals us moving for some size options at WR in the draft. Guys who have production and unlike Bridges and Victor can clock at least a 4.5 forty.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We're saved... 

🙄

Moved to the roster thread.

So, the Ravens might be rolling with a WR grouping of Robinson, Jackson, Watkins, and Proche? Yeesh. Might as well bring Isabella up from the practice squad too. 

Hopefully Duvernay doesn't have anything serious going on with his ankle/foot. 

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

So, the Ravens might be rolling with a WR grouping of Robinson, Jackson, Watkins, and Proche? Yeesh. Might as well bring Isabella up from the practice squad too. 

And Mike Thomas!

And we signed that UDFA guy from the preseason to our practice squad as well. At this point, Proche being so low on the depth chart despite being here in this system for 3 seasons just tells me he's absolute trash. I'd rather see what Isabella or any of those other guys can do over Proche.

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

So gutted about the Duvernay news. Not looking good for this squad. Who knows, maybe they all click. 

Well, here's all of the receivers Baltimore has on the roster:

Active Roster - Devin Duvernay / Demarcus Robinson / DeSean Jackson / Sammy Watkins / James Proche

Practice Squad - Shemar Bridges / Andy Isabella / Mike Thomas / Binjimen Victor

Injured Reserve - Rashod Bateman / Tylan Wallace

😭

The Ravens need to make a move for Watkins too. They were at the 53-man limit already. 

25 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Well, here's all of the receivers Baltimore has on the roster:

Active Roster - Devin Duvernay / Demarcus Robinson / DeSean Jackson / Sammy Watkins / James Proche

Practice Squad - Shemar Bridges / Andy Isabella / Mike Thomas / Binjimen Victor

Injured Reserve - Rashod Bateman / Tylan Wallace

😭

The Ravens need to make a move for Watkins too. They were at the 53-man limit already. 

CUT JAMES PROCHE.