2022 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

Everyone knows the Ravens signed Watkins last year for his ungodly playoff performances.

Unfortunately the team didn’t make the postseason so we couldn’t activate his God mode.

This year we get super gremlin sammy unless we lose out and something crazy happens 

Meh, we’re definitely losing Duvernay’s speed on those end arounds, but Duvernay the returner was putting us in worse and worse field positions as of late by taking things out on kickoff return. Punt return could be a problem if Hill can’t be as reliable to field the ball.

Speaking of Hill, he’s explosive and could probably do similar things as Duvernay as a runner, so assuming Isabella doesn’t have the run vision, I’d go with Justice Hill in the slot as he’s a capable blocker and can produce on those same end arounds.

From a WR standpoint, Duvernay’s automatic hands will be lost, but beyond that not much, if Watkins can stay healthy then he might actually be an upgrade for us. I doubt our WRs could get much worse at separating than what we were fielding out there.

If this were early season Duvernay that was explosive in the return game and breaking off big runs with the occasional grab in the red zone I’d lament this loss, but as it stands. Meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Meh, we’re definitely losing Duvernay’s speed on those end arounds, but Duvernay the returner was putting us in worse and worse field positions as of late by taking things out on kickoff return. Punt return could be a problem if Hill can’t be as reliable to field the ball.

Speaking of Hill, he’s explosive and could probably do similar things as Duvernay as a runner, so assuming Isabella doesn’t have the run vision, I’d go with Justice Hill in the slot as he’s a capable blocker and can produce on those same end arounds.

From a WR standpoint, Duvernay’s automatic hands will be lost, but beyond that not much, if Watkins can stay healthy then he might actually be an upgrade for us. I doubt our WRs could get much worse at separating than what we were fielding out there.

If this were early season Duvernay that was explosive in the return game and breaking off big runs with the occasional grab in the red zone I’d lament this loss, but as it stands. Meh.

Agree. Duvernay - like much of the offense this year - has been a big disappointment imo.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Lot of us had been wondering why Boyle was wasting an active gameday spot all year. But kinda weird timing to cut him now

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/cap/2023/

This is going to be a game where the depth players have to play. Boyle has/had a 9.314M cap hit next year, but only 2M dead cap. Avoiding him seeing the field is likely a way to prevent us from suddenly losing 7.314M cap space next year, if an injury or something were to happen.