Rams sign S Eric Weddle

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If you're on the Rams' Practice Squad or even a backup on the team right now, how must you be feeling that they went out and signed a dude that hasn't worked out with an NFL team in 2 years instead of elevating a guy from the PS?

Yeah, I mean "Hey, we signed a 37 year-old S who was clearly washed and completely done in 2019 when he retired instead of elevating you." doesn't really send a good message to those guys, but I guess it also sends the message that they suck and should get better if the org thinks old and washed up Eric Weddle is better than them.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If you're on the Rams' Practice Squad or even a backup on the team right now, how must you be feeling that they went out and signed a dude that hasn't worked out with an NFL team in 2 years instead of elevating a guy from the PS?

I don't like the Weddle signing either but TBF, we had 4 safeties on the active roster at the end of the season. 1 starter is out for the year and the other starter is in the concussion protocol. So that leaves 2 guys who are either bad and/or inexperienced. Since Juju Hughes was signed by Detroit (?), I don't believe we even have a safety on the PS. 

I don't feel good if Weddle is playing a lot of snaps on Monday but I also didn't feel good about Nick Scott or Terrell Burgess potentially playing the entire game either. 

• Like 1