Rams sign S Eric Weddle

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Which is fine, but I don’t see why you’d take Weddle. Hopefully he never sees the field and this is a film room, practice presence thing.

I get the feeling people think I'm saying Weddle is good. I'm not, our safeties are that bad! Also this for the time being is a practice squad signing.

Four safeties signed today 3 to the practice squad.

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

I get the feeling people think I'm saying Weddle is good. I'm not, our safeties are that bad! Also this for the time being is a practice squad signing.

Four safeties signed today 3 to the practice squad.

Hoping it stays that way. Dude’s wrecked, physically. 

Want to see some fireworks and can’t have this man on the field, lol. Shame the Cards and Rams play each other in the first round, but I suppose there’s enough heavy hitters in the NFC where it’ll be okay.

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Hoping it stays that way. Dude’s wrecked, physically. 

Want to see some fireworks and can’t have this man on the field, lol. Shame the Cards and Rams play each other in the first round, but I suppose there’s enough heavy hitters in the NFC where it’ll be okay.

He wasn't good when he was on the Rams for what 1 season a few years ago. Lost his starting role a few games into the season to Rapp who's in concussion protocol now.

10 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

He wasn't good when he was on the Rams for what 1 season a few years ago. Lost his starting role a few games into the season to Rapp who's in concussion protocol now.

He was slow and couldn’t tackle in Baltimore too. Now he’s 2+ years removed and is being dropped on a roster in January. Don’t trust it.

58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sometimes you need a vet presence to help a young player prepare for a bigger role - watching film, breaking down technique, answering questions that a coach might not be able to answer, etc.

Veteran mentors aren't reserved for QBs.

Time to seriously cram some mentoring into 5 days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Sometimes you need a vet presence to help a young player prepare for a bigger role - watching film, breaking down technique, answering questions that a coach might not be able to answer, etc.

Veteran mentors aren't reserved for QBs.

Burgess actually looks to Weddle as a mentor already so you're probably dead on. 

• Like 1