Week 9: Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers

James

Like last week.... I'll be blown away if we win.

No Ryan Kalil, no Kelvin Benjamin, no Greg Olsne, maybe no Trai Turner... basically the better half of our offense is all hurt/not on the team. Defense hasn't performed against top tier QBs this year and has instead only feasted on crap QBs.

i was skeptical about this one. the O looked better- more diverse. the only negative was j stew who fumbled twice. we need to give more play to CAP. j stew offers nothing right now, not even ball security. the def almost blew this one and should've but thankfully Julio dropped a gimme. either way we held serve on our home court and need to continue to improve the O. hopefully when olsen and byrd get back they really start to open the O. I'm too afraid every time I see cam run especially when he dives towards the goal line

Blown away we got away with this. Julio's drop scared the life out of me.

Also, surprise - offense is still terrible with Benji gone. Didn't help anything. Cam has been our leading rusher for four straight games, which is embarrassing. Funchess and CMC are apparently the only people capable of getting open. Was Dickson even targeted outside of that one overthrow from Cam? Curtis Samuel couldn't get open on that third down towards the end even when covered by a limping Robert Alford...

If we didn't have Cam and his will to win + the defense playing pretty good we would be doomed. Also, shoutout to Palardy and Gano who have both been great this year.

Samuel ran a fine route (on a number of those missed connections). On the last one, he was held. More importantly on that one and a couple others that were incompletions, the ball placement wasn't good. There are a number of throws that could be completions if the receiver is led. But since he's not, the DB can break up the pass.

Archived