Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

On 6/9/2022 at 3:19 PM, D82 said:

Once again proving that winning isn’t as important to the Clampett’s as making money. These clowns know that many of our fans will continue to waste their money on this team regardless of the product they trot onto the field.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:48 PM, plan9misfit said:

Once again proving that winning isn’t as important to the Clampett’s as making money. These clowns know that many of our fans will continue to waste their money on this team regardless of the product they trot onto the field.

I think it’s much more cultural than anything else.  There were years when Jerry spent big to try to win a championship.  He’ll spend.  What really hurts the team is all of the excess distractions which Jerry absolutely loves to the detriment of actual football… excess media, excess endorsements, excess training facility that is pretty much a country club.  Frankly the team has a horrible success rate with players on second contracts.  There are a few notable exceptions but overall, I think it’s a cultural thing that organization breeds financial success to the detriment of football success.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, DaBoys said:

I did not know Robert Quinn had 18.5 sacks last year for the Bears… huh

Yeah he under radar balled last year after coasting during Covid year and getting forgotten.  I suspect he didn’t work out in offseason in 2020 thinking there was going to be no season.   He didn’t even have any help in 2021 as Mack was out.    

Pretty sure 3rd round pick gets it done for whoever.   Bears are selling in 2022.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, D82 said:

We may be after a FA, guys! 

Yayyyy

"Odom has spent time with the Falcons, Packers, Dolphins and Commanders, playing seven games with Green Bay in 2017 and four with Washington in 2019.

He has spent time with teams coached by Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy, who now both are with the Cowboys"

10 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Insert eye roll emoji here

Exactly. Claiming that we aren’t done in free agency because we brought in two players who have virtually no chance to make the team is insulting the collective intelligence of any fan with a brain. Stephen is a dimwit. The apple clearly didn’t fall far from the tree.