2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

13 minutes ago, MacDog said:

Hhmmmm... We really do need clarity on his knee. Was he hobbled with an injury that will continue to heal (like Davis Mills was), or is this a permanent feature with him moving forward? 875004159_ScreenShot2022-02-01at2_00_07P

He’s a pocket passer who is an average athlete when it comes to mobility. I think he would be a sitting duck for defenses at the next level. With a previous injury doesn’t help matters. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

He’s a pocket passer who is an average athlete when it comes to mobility. I think he would be a sitting duck for defenses at the next level

But is that because of his knee injuries, and if so, will it get better with time and recovery?

9 minutes ago, MacDog said:

But is that because of his knee injuries, and if so, will it get better with time and recovery?

No he wasn’t mobile in HS he wasn’t a guy with many offers. His arm talent is really high but last year you could tell his knee wasn’t right because of a pre season surgery. It was a cleanup after a complete knee repair in HS. He’s not going to be a mobile player. He can slide a pocket okay as far as feel but he is closer to old Ben and Brady level movement skills if you need a comp on his wheels. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacDog said:

Due to a knee injury, Carson Strong didn’t play the senior year of his high school. As he felt uneasiness during the matches, an MRI was done. Moreover, the scan revealed that he had osteochondritis dissecans lesion, a condition in which the bone beneath the joint’s cartilage dies due to a lack of blood flow.

From my very first start in 2019, through my last game. Through the ups and downs I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Good luck to all my boys tomorrow @NevadaFootball wish I could suit up with you boys one more time… pic.twitter.com/Je0NlyynpL

— Carson Strong (@CarsonStrong_) December 27, 2021

To treat the crack in his lateral femoral condyle bone, eight biodegradable nails had to be used. He again underwent surgery to clean up cartilage. Similarly, an arthroscopy was also scheduled before the beginning of the fall camp in August.

He had surgery a year ago to clean up cartilage. He has a damaged knee. It’s not going to get better. I would stay away. I wish him luck. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Willis I believe measured the same height as Brees. 

Unfortunately he can't play anywhere close to Brees.  

Howell also a midget.

Pickett refuses to get his hand measured which basically just acknowledges what was already out-  his girlfriend has bigger hands than him.  Will be interesting to see him handle the full size ball this week.  

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Unfortunately he can't play anywhere close to Brees.  

Howell also a midget.

Pickett refuses to get his hand measured which basically just acknowledges what was already out-  his girlfriend has bigger hands than him.  Will be interesting to see him handle the full size ball this week.  

Height isn’t something that’s should deter you from a prospect especially with the PA and bootlegs and just the RPO game being a huge part of the game. Now I do think having a shorter QB comes into play trying to really place and value lineman because yes you probably don’t want a wall of 6-5 too 6-7 guys from right to left but with 5, 7, 9 step drops you can’t even see the lineman at that point. Now it can impact screens and the quick game. I think Howell is going to have the best week. Strong will get himself over drafted because this week and Willis will get sacked 3 times in the game. I think Pickett will lock up the top spot though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Due to a knee injury, Carson Strong didn’t play the senior year of his high school. As he felt uneasiness during the matches, an MRI was done. Moreover, the scan revealed that he had osteochondritis dissecans lesion, a condition in which the bone beneath the joint’s cartilage dies due to a lack of blood flow.

From my very first start in 2019, through my last game. Through the ups and downs I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Good luck to all my boys tomorrow @NevadaFootball wish I could suit up with you boys one more time… pic.twitter.com/Je0NlyynpL

— Carson Strong (@CarsonStrong_) December 27, 2021

To treat the crack in his lateral femoral condyle bone, eight biodegradable nails had to be used. He again underwent surgery to clean up cartilage. Similarly, an arthroscopy was also scheduled before the beginning of the fall camp in August.

He had surgery a year ago to clean up cartilage. He has a damaged knee. It’s not going to get better. I would stay away. I wish him luck. 

Maybe a late round pick if he’s there? He has the best arm in the draft. If he doesn’t get drafted I’d definitely sign him as a UDFA.

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Pretty disappointed that LB Devin Lloyd decided not to participate anymore this week. I wonder what the reason was

He realized he’s a top 10 player to NFL teams he probably didn’t expect where he’s being ranked. Teams are high in him I think he made a business decision

• Like 1