2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

Carson Strong looks a lot faster in 2020 than his 2021 tape. Look at the scrambles at 2:37 , 3:45 & 4:09. He's not super fast but I think he's about a 4.9 forty guy when fully healthy. I think its unfair to judge him on his 2021 tape and call him immobile. He wasn't fully recovered in 2021 and the doctors say he'll be able to recover. He's still a risk though.

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion: Though he isn't QB1 for me in the draft, as long as his knee checks out, I would rather roll the dice with Strong than sell the farm for Wilson, or God forbid trade meaningful capital for Garoppolo, or roll with marriobisky next year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taylor made said:

Carson Strong looks a lot faster in 2020 than his 2021 tape. Look at the scrambles at 2:37 , 3:45 & 4:09. He's not super fast but I think he's about a 4.9 forty guy when fully healthy. I think its unfair to judge him on his 2021 tape and call him immobile. He wasn't fully recovered in 2021 and the doctors say he'll be able to recover. He's still a risk though.

I read it was a chronic issue and it sounded like it was only going to get worse, not better, but maybe there’s something they can do to his knee to help it get stronger/recover. From what I read a reporter had on Twitter - or may it was here - I don’t even know if he’d get drafted with the knee condition he has unless it can get better which it sounded unlikely.

When I read that, I thought we should take a late round flyer on him if he’s there just to see what happens bc he definitely has an NFL Arm and the strongest arm in this class.

9 hours ago, MacDog said:

Unpopular opinion: Though he isn't QB1 for me in the draft, as long as his knee checks out, I would rather roll the dice with Strong than sell the farm for Wilson, or God forbid trade meaningful capital for Garoppolo, or roll with marriobisky next year.

I think in this forum drafting a QB o we trading for a vet unless it’s an elite one is not an unpopular opinion, it’s a very popular opinion to draft a QB right cheer! Haha 😂 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think in this forum drafting a QB o we trading for a vet unless it’s an elite one is not an unpopular opinion, it’s a very popular opinion to draft a QB right cheer! Haha 😂 

I don't think too many people would agree with me that drafting Strong would be preferrable to trading the farm for a soon to be 34 yo QB who has made a living with his legs, as opposed to say Tom Brady, and was beginning to fall off. Because most don't even agree with that assessment and think since Tom played into his 40's Wilson can too!

Besides. The name and helmets suck, so why shouldn't the actual team? I would rather suck with our own drafted QB than some a guy who was a stud for another team in his prime years and now was doing the Johnny U fadeout on ours.

Edited by MacDog

15 hours ago, taylor made said:

I listen to them a lot. Carson loves Strong and everything Carson was saying he excels in pre snap after the huddle was what they were talking in review of yesterdays practice

• Like 2

I’m intrigued by Strong, I have to say. I’m pretty out on Ridder, but there’s a possibility that Strong could work his way into the mix with the other top 4 for me. 

At the end of it all, arm talent really is what wins in the NFL. We get lost in all the running around and athletic ability, but what you had in the last 4 was three absolute Howitzers and the most accurate QB I’ve seen coming out of college in a long time. 

Strong’s knee might be a medical disqualifier. If not, we’re going to have to look very closely at whether his mental game matches his right arm — because if it does, he might have a chance to be the best of these guys, despite being mostly immobile. If he can even just show the ability to fluidly manipulate the pocket itself, that might be enough to get by. You can’t be a statue, but I don’t know that the game has evolved to the extent that you can’t win as a QB without being able to run. It just makes it a lot easier, and if you can’t, you have to excel at the other stuff. 

• Like 2

Steelers/Mike Tomlin (pick #20) and Malik Willis have been linked together this week at the Senior Bowl. They've been rather straightforward and direct with the prospects they like. I think they'd have to select Malik at #11 if they want him. I do like how Malik weighed in at 220 lbs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’m intrigued by Strong, I have to say. I’m pretty out on Ridder, but there’s a possibility that Strong could work his way into the mix with the other top 4 for me. 

At the end of it all, arm talent really is what wins in the NFL. We get lost in all the running around and athletic ability, but what you had in the last 4 was three absolute Howitzers and the most accurate QB I’ve seen coming out of college in a long time. 

There are reports that Malik Willis, not Carson Strong has the best arm at the Senior Bowl. 

https://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2022practice2.php