2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

Impressive run by Willis, although it does seem to highlight one point I’ve been thinking about, which is that his initial acceleration and lateral movement skills are excellent but his top speed is actually not extraordinary. He doesn’t run away from guys like you’d expect him to.

Anyway, the other reason I posted this is because a lot of people seem to like Chad Muma, and he does a pretty impressive job of closing and chasing Willis down on this play. Good angle and pretty relentless pursuit. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I never said that about Malik. I just said he didn't do much passing compared to running. I'm allowed to like a player and criticize parts of their game as well.

Ahh ok, I got ya. I thought you were trying to downgrade him without realizing the reasons why he had to run which was bc his OL played poorly. I mean we saw all these QBs running for their lives, it’s just Malik did it the best w/ Howell as a close 2nd.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure you can, we can do what Arizona did if we need to when they drafted Rosen but knew in his 2nd year wanted Murray so they traded Rosen for a 2nd and took Murray. If whoever we take doesn’t look like they’re going to develop into a great starter we can trade them in year 2 and draft Stroud or Young.

You can’t keep playing musical QBs especially if you have to give up some draft capital for the pick and then have to pick another top QB. Who wants a trade for a QB that’s not amounting to anything. They were very lucky to get anything for Rosen. 

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

You can’t keep playing musical QBs especially if you have to give up some draft capital for the pick and then have to pick another top QB. Who wants a trade for a QB that’s not amounting to anything. They were very lucky to get anything for Rosen. 

Well that’s where we disagree, I wouldn’t make an RG3 trade to move up to get Willis. If we want Willis we’re going to have to trade up to get the Lions pick #2 overall above the Texans IMO. 

I’d rather stay put and take Pickett, Howell or Corral at 11. If we have them for a year and then we don’t think they’ll develop into a great starter but CJ Stroud or Bryce Young are options for us next year, I’d make the trade & then trade the guy we’d draft this year for something.

You have to continue to swing until your find your guy. If you don’t have the answer you have to keep trying to get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Well that’s where we disagree, I wouldn’t make an RG3 trade to move up to get Willis. If we want Willis we’re going to have to trade up to get the Lions pick #2 overall above the Texans IMO. 

I’d rather stay put and take Pickett, Howell or Corral at 11. If we have them for a year and then we don’t think they’ll develop into a great starter but CJ Stroud or Bryce Young are options for us next year, I’d make the trade & then trade the guy we’d draft this year for something.

You have to continue to swing until your find your guy. If you don’t have the answer you have to keep trying to get it.

I never said I would give up the same compensation for Willis like we did for RG3. I don’t want a QB that I think will only be a quality backup just to take him either. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Impressive run by Willis, although it does seem to highlight one point I’ve been thinking about, which is that his initial acceleration and lateral movement skills are excellent but his top speed is actually not extraordinary. He doesn’t run away from guys like you’d expect him to.

Anyway, the other reason I posted this is because a lot of people seem to like Chad Muma, and he does a pretty impressive job of closing and chasing Willis down on this play. Good angle and pretty relentless pursuit. 

I saw someone compare Willis to Jalen Hurts on Twitter and I think that was a great comp. They’re strong, have quickness & initial burst but don’t have great long speed.

I’m glad you pointed out how Muma looked on that play, I hadn’t noticed/didn’t know what # he was. That’s a good sign if he took a good angle and had relentless pursuit.

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Travis Jones from UConn is a moose. What strength he has. 

I think he’s got Steelers in round 2 written all over him. They need a Nt in the worst way. Hopefully next year Stephon Tuitt comes back healthy after missing this year w/ a knee injury & their DL will be great again.

• Like 1