2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

3 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I never said I would give up the same compensation for Willis like we did for RG3. I don’t want a QB that I think will only be a quality backup just to take him either. 

Well I’m worried that Willis has worked his way up to be the top QB in the draft which means he may go to Houston, the latest Carolina at 6. If we want him, we’ll have to trade up 9 picks to get in-front of the Texans or up to the Jets pick at 4 to get in-front of the Panthers. I don’t see Willis falling to #11. 

As far as Pickett, Howell & Corral go, I don’t think they will be only back up QBs, I think they’re talent says top 15 QB but not top 5 QB. 

I don’t think Rivera can wait another year to take a QB in round 1, he’s stupidly put himself in a position where they must take a QB rnd 1 bc he wouldn’t trade up for Fields or Jones last year.

Just bc that’s the case doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t not try to upgrade the position if you think Stroud is a top 5 type QB and you want to go get him. They could trade the QB they draft this year w/ picks to move up and get Stroud or Bryce Young next year.

31 minutes ago, MacDog said:

Potential or "upside" is a hard thing to determine. I think people see Howell and they See Baker Mayfield as his ceiling. I don't know how accurate that actually is.

I’m no Baker Mayfield fan but that’s bc I think he’s an arrogant prick but, he does have tons of talent. When their offense was more pass first in his rookie season when Freddie Kitchens was there he threw for 3725 yds & 27 TDs in just 14 games. As I’ve said several  times if you take that over 17 games that’s 4500 yds & 33 TDs. 

When he was healthy in his 2020 season Mayfield had 3563 yds & 26 TDs w/ just 8 ints in a run first offense w/ Chubb & Hunt. 

That’s certainly good enough to win with if you have a good team around young young QB like the Browns do. In 2020 the Browns were 11-5, you telling me you wouldn’t take that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacDog said:

I also think we can end all the talk about Zappe and Strong in the 1st round.

Yeah, this seems to be pretty much set in stone at this point. Don’t think Zappe was ever a real contender for the 1st round, but Strong really played himself out of that mix for me (and most, I’d say) at the Senior Bowl. With the mobility and injury concerns, he needed to wow with his throwing ability and mental game — and I don’t think either really shined. He’s got a big arm, but he’s not head and shoulders better than these other better athletes as a thrower. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I’m no Baker Mayfield fan but that’s bc I think he’s an arrogant prick but, he does have tons of talent. When their offense was more pass first in his rookie season when Freddie Kitchens was there he threw for 3725 yds & 27 TDs in just 14 games. As I’ve said several  times if you take that over 17 games that’s 4500 yds & 33 TDs. 

When he was healthy in his 2020 season Mayfield had 3563 yds & 26 TDs w/ just 8 ints in a run first offense w/ Chubb & Hunt. 

That’s certainly good enough to win with if you have a good team around young young QB like the Browns do. In 2020 the Browns were 11-5, you telling me you wouldn’t take that?

I am not entirely convinced that Baker's isn't his floor instead of ceiling. But who knows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Pietre is a stud!!! He and the Baylor RB and the Baylor WR at the Shrine bowl are all going to be solid pros. 

Definitely I hope him, Daxton Hill, Cine or Brisker are there for us in round 2.

Edited by turtle28

17 hours ago, e16bball said:
Impressive run by Willis, although it does seem to highlight one point I’ve been thinking about, which is that his initial acceleration and lateral movement skills are excellent but his top speed is actually not extraordinary. He doesn’t run away from guys like you’d expect him to.

Malik's forty time will be big...  like you said it doesn't look like he's a 4.3 guy here as the rumors suggest. He's more in the 4.4-4.5 range most likely. If he runs in the 4.3s, I think his stock will get boosted into the top-10 (if it already isn't there)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Malik's forty time will be big...  like you said it doesn't look like he's a 4.3 guy here as the rumors suggest. He's more in the 4.4-4.5 range most likely. If he runs in the 4.3s, I think his stock will get boosted into the top-10 (if it already isn't there)

It’s hard for him to get up to full speed on a run like this where he’s running diagonal across the field, has broken tackles and has defenders still in front of him he’s trying to get through or around to get a TD before the half ends.

My guess is he’s going to be a 4.4-4.5 guy. RG3 was a 4.4 guy. Jalen Hurts is a 4.59/4.6 guy. I think Malik has more top end speed than Hurts but not the top end speed that RG3 or obviously that Lamar Jackson/Vick have/had. 

Again, My guess is he runs 4.4-4.5. I don’t see him getting past the Panthers at 6, and the Texans may take him at #3.

• Like 1