2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

17 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I actually have Ford as my top guy. This class might not have the elite dynamic top guy but there are a few stud guys in this class. Robinson is a good one lol

I just wonder what they’re going to do at the position. They like Gibson a lot and he’s been very productive but he could be more productive for sure, next year will be his 3rd year as a full time running back and obviously his fumbling has been an issue the last 2 years.

I think they would love to bring back McKissic in his current role and I think they should. 

I also think the love what Jarret Patterson showed last year both on special teams coverage and as a 3rd running back.

I could see them taking a mid round or late round RB but I could also see them not and just signing a guy they like as a UDFA to develop on the practice squad. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just watched the game. From this SMALL sample, no elite QBs to be had. I'll take Ridder in the second . 

So you’re willing to go into the season w/ Heinicke, Bridgewater, Marriott, Kyle Allen or Trubisky as our week 1 starter?

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So you’re willing to go into the season w/ Heinicke, Bridgewater, Marriott, Kyle Allen or Trubisky as our week 1 starter?

That doesn't sound good I'll admit . Actually, don't tell anyone but I'm trying to get D Carr .

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

That doesn't sound good I'll admit . Actually, don't tell anyone but I'm trying to get D Carr .

Shouldn’t have told me! 😂 

I wouldn’t trade a bunch of picks for Cousins, so I wouldn’t for Carr either. They’re in the same boat, good but not elite.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

My QB Rankings After the Senior Bowl:

First Round

1) Kenny Pickett - I think the hand size is being overblown. He looked fine throwing the ball. 

2) Matt Corral - He's flying under the radar. I'm hoping he can participate at the combine? 

3) Malik Willis - He's getting  the hype and that is great, I would take him at #11 if the other two QBs are gone but I think I'd prefer another team take the gamble on him. 

• Like 3

On 2/7/2022 at 10:28 PM, taylor made said:

My QB Rankings After the Senior Bowl:

First Round

1) Kenny Pickett - I think the hand size is being overblown. He looked fine throwing the ball. 

2) Matt Corral - He's flying under the radar. I'm hoping he can participate at the combine? 

3) Malik Willis - He's getting  the hype and that is great, I would take him at #11 if the other two QBs are gone but I think I'd prefer another team take the gamble on him. 

I definitely agree about Corral, this happens a lot around this time bc the seniors get to participate in the Senior Bowl and guys like Corral don’t I’m hoping he shines at the Combine, bc I definitely think he should be in the running for our pick at 11.

As for Willis, I think he’s going to keep rising and rising bc his athleticism and arm strength. His elusiveness at the Senior Bowl was impressive, it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes to the Texans or Panthers before us.

Part of me hopes he does bc I’m definitely more a fan of the more sure thing in Pickett, Corral & Howell.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

My thoughts on Second Round guys from the Senior Bowl: 

TE Trey McBride: I know we just drafted John Bates last year and McBride would be more of a luxury pick. McBride would be a great safety valve if we draft a QB in the first round. His height at 6'3" 1/8 is the only thing that concerns me. He wouldn't be my top pick in the second but somewhere in the top 5 I think

QB Desmond Ridder: I think Ridder is my favorite QB out of the second tier QBs (Howell, Strong remaining). I would like to see him put on some more weight and I hope he does well at the combine. If the team strikes out in Free Agency and the first round then I think RIdder could be option in the second round. I hope it doesn't come to that though. 

RG Scherff replacements - OL Zion Johnson and OL Darian Kinnard are going to be ranked very high on my list for second round players (if Scherff walks). Kinnard is an absolute mammoth of a man and would be most comparable to Brandon Scherff in size. 

I always find it a little odd that Willis takes such a beating for the scripted offense (can’t read, can’t do progressions, just pulls down and runs), but Corral seemingly escapes this for the most part. 

I find them to be really similar prospects, honestly. Both have good traits — Willis has the stronger arm and is the better runner, but Corral seems to be a more consistent and precise thrower. But both of them are basically just pulling the levers of a very schemed up offense and seem to basically go into playground mode when the design doesn’t work out. Corral is literally in shotgun, running that read option/RPO game we used to run with RGIII, probably 70-80% of snaps.

Without meeting them and personally testing them on their cognitive abilities, I have a hard time accepting that any criticism of Willis on that front — trying to project his ability to read and execute an NFL passing offense — doesn’t apply with equal force to Corral. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

I always find it a little odd that Willis takes such a beating for the scripted offense (can’t read, can’t do progressions, just pulls down and runs), but Corral seemingly escapes this for the most part. 

I find them to be really similar prospects, honestly. Both have good traits — Willis has the stronger arm and is the better runner, but Corral seems to be a more consistent and precise thrower. But both of them are basically just pulling the levers of a very schemed up offense and seem to basically go into playground mode when the design doesn’t work out. Corral is literally in shotgun, running that read option/RPO game we used to run with RGIII, probably 70-80% of snaps.

Without meeting them and personally testing them on their cognitive abilities, I have a hard time accepting that any criticism of Willis on that front — trying to project his ability to read and execute an NFL passing offense — doesn’t apply with equal force to Corral. 

I agree here. I would say that Corral having played for Lane Kiffin helps him as Lane has been an offensive guru for what? 15 years & Lane has pro experience in developing QBs & he helped develop Hurts & Tua also who both started in the NFL last year.

I also think what helps Corral is that he’s a more concise and accurate thrower but it is true as you said that Corral has a lot of work to do and development -just like Willis - in terms of reading defenses, going through progressions and executing an NFL offense.

I would say that I think this is the case of all the QBs who come into the NFL nowadays, college offenses don’t prepare QBs as well as they used to in developing them in a pro style offense. So, I think that’s an issue for everyone in every draft nowadays to be honest.