2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

On 1/14/2022 at 6:22 AM, ripsean21 said:

He is a stud. I like how when he hits you that’s the end of moving forward.

He's also gonna play in the East/West Shrine bowl. He's a former QB which helps him diagnose plays quickly.

Gonna find some videos for him. Here's a couple writeups on him 

#1:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/troy-andersen-2022-nfl-draft-shrine-bowl

The Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year this fall and a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given annually to the FCS’ top defensive player, Andersen provides an intriguing mix of violence, range, and football IQ from his days as a quarterback to read and dissect plays before they ever get out of the starting gate. An outstanding blitzer off the edge and through the A and B-gaps as a MIKE linebacker in MSU’s 4-2-5 alignment, his profile at the NFL level, ideally, could see him slot on the outside due to his innate ability to consistently fire downhill and win in the open-field in the run when faced with one-on-one situations against quicker ball-carriers. 

#2:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/troy-andersen-is-a-top-fcs-prospect/

Andersen has had an interesting career. Despite currently being an All-American at linebacker, Andersen has set multiple rushing records while at Montana State. As a freshman, he started games at both linebacker and running back on his way to Big Sky freshman of the year. He was the first Montana State true freshman to start at RB in his first game since 1990. His sophomore year, playing quarterback, he ran for 21 touchdowns and had a school record nine 100-yard rushing games (six consecutively at one point). 

His junior year, he moved to OLB and recorded 11.5 TFL and was also an FCS All-American. This past offseason, Andersen made the switch to MLB, where through 8 weeks he’s earned a stellar PFF grade of 83.6.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of disappointing measurements that actually did happen, Sam Howell and Malik Willis both checking in at basically 6 feet even would have to be right up there. Somewhat expected, but I think we were holding out some hope for 6’1.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 4:22 AM, ripsean21 said:

He is a stud. I like how when he hits you that’s the end of moving forward.

He (Troy Andersen) was the starting QB for Montana State and then converted to LB. Pretty impressive and my guess wold be he is smart enough to do what Ron and Jack would want from the MLB.

Edited by MacDog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Pickett passed on having his hands measured. Lord, those must be some small mitts. 

Yep, not a good sign. They are trying to increase the spread through stretching and hand massages. Not sure any of that would help him throwing a larger football, just gaming the test imo. 

I am raising a red flag if I am a scout. I still want to see him throw the NFL footballs though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

In terms of disappointing measurements that actually did happen, Sam Howell and Malik Willis both checking in at basically 6 feet even would have to be right up there. Somewhat expected, but I think we were holding out some hope for 6’1.

To me there’s zero difference between 6’ & 6’1 when you’re playing behind 6’3 to 6’6 OL.

Now when you get to talking about 6’3 and taller that makes a difference.

4 hours ago, MacDog said:

Yep, not a good sign. They are trying to increase the spread through stretching and hand massages. Not sure any of that would help him throwing a larger football, just gaming the test imo. 

I am raising a red flag if I am a scout. I still want to see him throw the NFL footballs though.

Yeah, he can’t hid it. He’s going to have to throw the football at the combine or at least at the pro days & private work outs. It is what it is, he can’t change his hand size. 

The more he tries to hide it the worse it looks.

• Like 1