2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

15 minutes ago, taylor made said:

There are reports that Malik Willis, not Carson Strong has the best arm at the Senior Bowl. 

https://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2022practice2.php

I do think Willis may have the strongest arm. But when I say “arm talent,” I guess I mean a combination of arm strength, accuracy, ball placement, and ability to throw off platform — rather than just pure arm strength, in terms of velocity/distance. I’m trying to weigh all the aspects that go into your pure ability to throw the ball effectively, I guess.

I think Strong outpaces Willis by a good bit in the accuracy and ball placement departments, although you do see flashes of it with Willis. He throws some absolute dimes. He’s just pretty inconsistent still in that regard. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

I do find it relatively exciting that Willis is standing out even among this group of QBs. And even during drills that likely aren’t tailored to letting him use his legs in any kind of meaningful way.

He remains the best shot this draft has at a true blue chip talent.

• Like 4

The only question I have had about Willis is his ability to read, or learn to read, defenses. Maybe his height a little, but Wilson and Brees were fine and have similar traits and tool sets.

For me the blackboard and interviews will be more important in the process with him, and of course we won't have access to that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MacDog said:

For me the blackboard and interviews will be more important in the process with him, and of course we won't have access to that.

I like to watch a player's press conference / interviews from Youtube to get a feel for their personality. I'm not sure you can tell much from it really but some players stand out to me. Jonathan Taylor and Christian Kirk stood out to me a few years ago. Tyler Linderbaum stands out to me this year. 

Malik seems like a good guy and is personable. He's religious, which I don't think is a bad thing. Clearly from the South. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I like to watch a player's press conference / interviews from Youtube to get a feel for their personality. I'm not sure you can tell much from it really but some players stand out to me. Jonathan Taylor and Christian Kirk stood out to me a few years ago. Tyler Linderbaum stands out to me this year. 

Malik seems like a good guy and is personable. He's religious, which I don't think is a bad thing. Clearly from the South. 

Well-spoken young man. I like it. I could see him growing into a strong leader. Thanks for posting.

Didn't hear much about his reads on the plays though, so my one reservation is still standing.

• Like 2

If I had to put my job on one of these QB’s I’d take Willis and coach him over the rest. I think our backfield and run game goes to a completely different level with his skill set. If he came in and got to work with a guy like Terry and Thomas I think he could grow from that with time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If I had to put my job on one of these QB’s I’d take Willis and coach him over the rest. I think our backfield and run game goes to a completely different level with his skill set. If he came in and got to work with a guy like Terry and Thomas I think he could grow from that with time.

He is certainly rising up my mental board. I have to keep reminding myelf about the one reservation I have with him.

I just saw this interview with him on NFL Network from today, and I swear I didn't hear it before comparing his height to Brees and Wilson!

Certainly, a VERY likeable man with potential to be a real leader for his team in the NFL. Get him on a blackboard already!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This will be your pick at 11. I'm almost willing to bet my Commanders fandom on it.

Are you saying if I could make the pick I would choose Malik Willis? You’re right, I would take him, if we didn’t trade it away. 
Out of all the QBs he would be my choice. He has too much talent throwing and running and I believe he would work hard (based on what you read him being a high character guy) on his footwork and whatever else needs to be done. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MacDog said:

He is certainly rising up my mental board. I have to keep reminding myelf about the one reservation I have with him.

I just saw this interview with him on NFL Network from today, and I swear I didn't hear it before comparing his height to Brees and Wilson!

Certainly, a VERY likeable man with potential to be a real leader for his team in the NFL. Get him on a blackboard already!!!

I think he has the mental to be the guy to get a team behind. He is a tough guy. I watched almost every snap twice from him I’d love to see him play with guys who can give him confidence to allow him to distribute.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I watched some 1 on 1 drills with the OL/DL and this guy Travis Jones-DL from UConn, he was manhandling the OL.  I’m anxious to watch him in the game

I thought Zion Johnson OL from BC did a nice job in 1 on 1. 

Too bad he plays defensive tackle. We need a DE. Im not interested in drafting a DT unless we trade Payne.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Too bad he plays defensive tackle. We need a DE. Im not interested in drafting a DT unless we trade Payne.

I know it’s not really a need for us but he was just pushing the OL back like nothing. A few mocks have him going 3rd rd

Edited by ARTMONK HOF