2022 Senior Bowl February 5

ARTMONK HOF

20 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I like both of them. Tyndall didn’t get pub like Dean did. He’s goes 100 miles an hour. I think I’m in the minority here but I actually want us to draft a RB, maybe in the 4th rd and as always depends on how the draft falls. 

If I had to wager, I’d bet that a good portion of the forum would be on board with a RB at that point in the draft. Some would be down to look at a new RB1 candidate starting in the 2nd, I assume. And then there’s my guy @lavar703 whose preferred draft strategy is BRBA in the 1st each year and then build the rest of the draft from there 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Maybe best thing I saw all week was Duce Staley’s specially set “last rep” of RB/LB blitz pickup between Channing Tindall (UGA LB) and Brian Robinson (Bama RB). 

Those who were here last year may recall that I was high on Robinson as a powerful back and disappointed when he went back to school. This one tickled me:

The problem is, there are only so many times you can do that in the NFL before you are on the IR, and there are only so many trips to the IR from doing that until you are out of the league with a medical settlement at best.

Edited by MacDog

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If I had to wager, I’d bet that a good portion of the forum would be on board with a RB at that point in the draft. Some would be down to look at a new RB1 candidate starting in the 2nd, I assume. And then there’s my guy @lavar703 whose preferred draft strategy is BRBA in the 1st each year and then build the rest of the draft from there 😂

Man I was just saying how I watched Kyren Williams highlights and was blown away lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man I was just saying how I watched Kyren Williams highlights and was blown away lol

Kyren Williams can really play. World class pass pro, that’s what people got all excited to talk about this year it seemed like, but he can tote it too. 

• Like 1

Positional MVP’s as voted by the opposite position group per Jim Nagy

WR - Calvin Austin (Memphis) as voted by the DB group

WR - Christian Watson (No Dak St) as voted by the CB group

LB - Damone Clark (LSU) as voted by the OL/TE/RB group

LB - Brian Asamoah (OU) as voted by the OL/TE/RB group

S - Jalen Pitre (Baylor) as voted by the TE/WR group

S - Leon O’Neal (A&M) as voted by the TE/WR group

TE - Trey McBride (Colorado St) as voted by LB/S group

TE - Daniel Bellinger (San Diego St) as voted by DL/LB/S group

OL - Ed Ingram (LSU) as voted by the DL group

DT - Travis Jones (UConn) as voted by the OL group

CB - Roger McCreary (Auburn) as voted by the WR group

OL - Trevor Penning (UNI) as voted by the DL/LB group

CB - Coby Bryant (Cincinnati) as voted by the WR group

Full tweets @jimnagy_SB

https://twitter.com/jimnagy_sb/status/1489743417982676992?s=21

• Like 4

On 2/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

The practice I saw today they mentioned footwork issues and missing some things in his reads. McShay has him as his no1. Howell did some nice things today. 

Sounds like a former QB we had here from 2012-15. He talked a good game, was smart, did well with the media but he had footwork issues that he never cleaned up, he never worked hard enough to learn how to read defenses etc.

I don’t know, it concerns me. As I’ve said before he’s the most intriguing in the draft as far as potential but the bust potential shines through like crazy with Willis & it scares me like w/ RG3.

I’m glad Howell showed some things. Him losing so much talent on his UNC offense was very detrimental to his passing stats this year but he proved he could win in tie he ways with his legs even w/o great weapons at WR & RB as a junior.

If we end up taking him I think he’s going to be a good QB w/ potential to be better but I do like him. I like Pickett, Corral more than Howell but I’d be happy with any of the 3.

@taylor made 

1. Give me Damone Clark in rnd 2 or 3 to be our eventual starting MLB, maybe as a rookie depending on what veteran they signs.

2. Give me Daxton Hill, Lewis Cine, Jaquan Brisker or Jalen Pitre as a FS in rnd 2 to develop behind a veteran, maybe McCain returns if we don’t get a good upgrade.

3. Give me Roger McReary or Coby Bryant in round 4 as a CB who can play in the slot. I read McReary is capable, not sure about Bryant but we definitely need to upgrade slot corner and keep Fuller on the outside.  

4. Or, give me Ed Ingram in round 3 or 4 to help with OG depth after we let lose Scherff.

Edited by turtle28

On 1/13/2022 at 1:29 PM, RSkinGM said:

Pull another RGIII draft . Take Willis at 11 and Zappe in rd 6 ! Can't have too much pitching  as they say !

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

It’s the RG3/Kirk Cousins strategy and it worked out long term for Cousins. I don’t think our current front office would think the way Shanahan did in 2012. Rivera/Turner would sign a veteran or keep Kyle Allen over drafting Zappe in the mid rounds IMO. And until I see different with my own lies that’s what I’ll believe.

49 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

They’re showing interest. 

It may be true, but SwayRun21 is not a reliable source. I had t unsubscribe to his channel after numerous times of him putting up bogus breaking news about the WFT signing players - the problem being they never signed them.

7 hours ago, MacDog said:

It may be true, but SwayRun21 is not a reliable source. I had t unsubscribe to his channel after numerous times of him putting up bogus breaking news about the WFT signing players - the problem being they never signed them.

Whether they interviewed him or not If they’re seriously looking for a QB in the draft Willis has to be a big topic if not the main topic of conversation. 

On 2/3/2022 at 10:47 PM, e16bball said:

I think Howell throws the ball well and as I’ve mentioned, I also think he can be a more effective runner than many think. 

But I’m really not impressed with his ability to process and get the ball out. The stat where he was so bad at converting pressures into sacks is deeply concerning, and he just basically spent all season bailing out when it didn’t open up immediately on his primary read. 

Is that a stat from last year?

Because their OL was bad & their weapons weren’t as good, so that would explain a lot. Fields has this same problem though.

At OSU & last year in Chicago Fields held onto the ball too long or would take off running instead of going to shorter routes when they were open. Fields would hold onto the ball so long and not throw it away or dump it down that he took some bad sacks. I hope Howell doesn’t have that same problem. Sometimes the best play is to take the check down or throw it away, it takes QBs a lot time to learn that, sometimes a season or starting.

Remember Kirk had that issue in 2014 but he got better in 2015 at process and going with a shorter route to move the chains rather than forcing it all the time downfield and getting ints or holding onto it too long and taking sacks.