Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

Something I posted in the Bucks thread but figured I'd bring it here to see what everyone else thinks...

Fix #1 - 3 Team Trade
Milwaukee receives - C Robin Lopez
Cleveland receives - PG Matthew Dellavedova
Chicago receives - SG Iman Shumpert, SG Rashad Vaughn

Fix #2 - Trade with NYK
Milwaukee receives - C Kyle O'Quinn
New York receives - 2019 2nd Round Pick (acquired using Roy Hibbert TPE)

Fix #3 - Trade with Brooklyn
Milwaukee receives - PF Trevor Booker
Brooklyn receives - C John Henson, 2 future 2nd round picks (2020 & 2022) (or a future 1st instead - just wasn't sure if we could do it with all the protections on the EB 1st)

Depth Chart
Eric Bledsoe | Malcolm Brogdon | Gary Payton II
Tony Snell | DeAndre Liggins | Jason Terry
Khris Middleton | Jabari Parker | Sterling Brown
Giannis Antetokounmpo | Trevor Booker | Mirza Teletovic | DJ Wilson
Robin Lopez | Kyle O'Quinn | Thon Maker | Joel Bolomboy

Solves the big man/rebounding issue resoundingly and the only asset it costs us is a future 1st to dump Henson. Also gives us the ability to send Thon to the G League. Only bad contract left on the books is Mirza's $10 Million but that comes off after 2018-2019 and we could use that money to re-sign Bledsoe should he become a fit. Booker's $9 Million comes off after this season (which could possibly open up enough money to re-sign Jabari to a deal in the $14-15 Million range), Lopez's $13 Million after next along with the aforementioned Mirza's $10 Million. Gives us some financial flexibility to re-up Malcolm, EB and possibly Middleton without coming up against the luxury tax. Of course, Jabari probably doesn't go for a deal in the $14 Million range so we'd have to go into said luxury tax to re-sign him if he's in our plans. Either way, as I see it, if we plan on keeping the core together, we're going to have to go into the luxury tax to do it.

First one is pretty bad.  Not sure how the Bucks manage to salary dump Dellavedoava and get a quality starting C back.  Also think it's going to take more than a future 2nd for a 3rd big.  And a pair of future 2nd doesn't get you out of Henson's contract.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

First one is pretty bad.  Not sure how the Bucks manage to salary dump Dellavedoava and get a quality starting C back.  Also think it's going to take more than a future 2nd for a 3rd big.  And a pair of future 2nd doesn't get you out of Henson's contract.

1) Chicago supposedly loves Shump and this frees them up to go after Jahlil/pay Jahlil who they've coveted for a long time without paying too much to Cs. Oh and Cleveland/LeBron loves Delly so...
2) Kyle O'Quinn is going to opt out after this season so they aren't getting more for him and Noah's back soon IIRC (just ask @Thelonebillsfan ). Plus, they've got to eventually give Willy Hernangomez minutes, right?
3) Notice the parentheses I added in the Henson deal. ;)

But, then again, I'm talking to someone who thinks Julius Randle is a viable asset ;)

The ONLY one that I had trouble with coming up with was the Henson deal and even then I'm not sure it's truly that bad (considering the intention is a 1st but I wasn't sure how to trade it with all the EB protections for the next 4 years).

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

KOQ or Willy is gone, I'd try and pull Willy, he's a 12/10 guy all day every day. And Jeff doesn't like hm because HUSTLE or something.

I'd love Willy here but I think KOQ is the more reasonable piece due to the fact that everyone and their mom knows he's opting out lol

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Something I posted in the Bucks thread but figured I'd bring it here to see what everyone else thinks...

Fix #1 - 3 Team Trade
Milwaukee receives - C Robin Lopez
Cleveland receives - PG Matthew Dellavedova
Chicago receives - SG Iman Shumpert, SG Rashad Vaughn

Fix #2 - Trade with NYK
Milwaukee receives - C Kyle O'Quinn
New York receives - 2019 2nd Round Pick (acquired using Roy Hibbert TPE)

Fix #3 - Trade with Brooklyn
Milwaukee receives - PF Trevor Booker
Brooklyn receives - C John Henson, 2 future 2nd round picks (2020 & 2022) (or a future 1st instead - just wasn't sure if we could do it with all the protections on the EB 1st)

Depth Chart
Eric Bledsoe | Malcolm Brogdon | Gary Payton II
Tony Snell | DeAndre Liggins | Jason Terry
Khris Middleton | Jabari Parker | Sterling Brown
Giannis Antetokounmpo | Trevor Booker | Mirza Teletovic | DJ Wilson
Robin Lopez | Kyle O'Quinn | Thon Maker | Joel Bolomboy

Solves the big man/rebounding issue resoundingly and the only asset it costs us is a future 1st to dump Henson. Also gives us the ability to send Thon to the G League. Only bad contract left on the books is Mirza's $10 Million but that comes off after 2018-2019 and we could use that money to re-sign Bledsoe should he become a fit. Booker's $9 Million comes off after this season (which could possibly open up enough money to re-sign Jabari to a deal in the $14-15 Million range), Lopez's $13 Million after next along with the aforementioned Mirza's $10 Million. Gives us some financial flexibility to re-up Malcolm, EB and possibly Middleton without coming up against the luxury tax. Of course, Jabari probably doesn't go for a deal in the $14 Million range so we'd have to go into said luxury tax to re-sign him if he's in our plans. Either way, as I see it, if we plan on keeping the core together, we're going to have to go into the luxury tax to do it.

You need to surround Giannis with 3 point shooting. If you are nice i will trade you Henson and Delly for Ryan Anderson.

I say that 1/2 joking but it really would add a great 3 point shooter to your team without any more long term money. Might even throw in Tarik Black so you have another decent center on your team. 

makes sense for the Rockets as well. Delly would give us that 4th guard we desperately need and both him and Henson can be traded for cap relief easier. 

make it happen. 

9 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

But, then again, I'm talking to someone who thinks Julius Randle is a viable asset ;)

Good to know that making things personal is still a thing.  Also, for the record I think at best he's going to fetch a late teen 1st.  At best.

Robin Lopez is a starting C on a reasonable 2 year, $28M deal.  There's probably a number of teams who could use RoLo and could match the expiring contract offer that you proposed.  So what separates your offer from a similar offer?  If there's even close to being a similar offer, they're going to ship him outside the division.  I don't think their interest in Shump changes that.  Also, why would Cleveland give up an expiring contract for a PG whose not playing on the Bucks?  The Cavs have IT (when he gets healthy), Rose, and Wade to play guard.  Not a chance that Delly gets much burn if those three are healthy.

That O'Quinn offer would be a last chance to get something.  To me, that's a package that a number of teams would be willing to offer.  And I'd venture to guess that a team would be willing to give up a 2nd round pick this year at minimum.  It's not a bad offer, just everyone else's offer has to be worse.

The Henson one is just plain bad.  He's got 3 years, $36M left on his deal and he's averaging 20 MPG.  The problem is the teams that have cap flexibility right now are going to want to keep their cap flexibility this offseason.  A mid-to-late 1st really doesn't change that offer.

@CWood21 I was obviously messing with you with the Randle thing, hombre. (He’s still not good doe)

So your reasoning behind not liking my trades is because “someone else will offer better” hey? I mean, that’s obviously been the case when people have traded for DeMarcus Cousins, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, etc. Let’s stop pretending like we know how things are valued in the NBA, yeah? 

Oh and Henson actually has 2/18 (2/20 cap hit) left on his deal after this season. ;)

Member when we weren’t gonna be able to get out from under Plumlee’s deal? Totally had to give up an asset to do it amirite. 

There’s nothing illogical about what I posted tbh

Archived