Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

Being v condescending = obviously messing around. That first trade is laughable. Second one is plausible, but it depends on where the Knicks are at at the deadline. If O'Quinn is getting good minutes and they are in the playoff chase doubt they move him. Not sure the Nets can take on anymore bad contracts but attaching a first to Henson could move him. Problem is not many teams have salary dump space atm

@champ11 I'm really not sure why the first deal is laughable in the sense that the Bulls get a guy they've had interest in for a while in regards to Iman Shumpert while also opening up a deal for Jahlil Okafor. If it was a 4 team deal where Okafor went to Chicago (which is basically what I'm saying as it's a subsequent move to get Okafor who they really covet). They let Mirotic walk next year and pay Okafor. If they did that, they'd have $35+ Million tied up into the center position between Lopez, Okafor and Feliciano. Not really something you want to do as a rebuilding team tbh (trust me, I know what it's like to invest a ton of money into 5s lol).

That's the reasoning behind deal #1 so, in the grand scheme of things, it's far from laughable.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycod6del

Better? 

41 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

@champ11 I'm really not sure why the first deal is laughable in the sense that the Bulls get a guy they've had interest in for a while in regards to Iman Shumpert while also opening up a deal for Jahlil Okafor. If it was a 4 team deal where Okafor went to Chicago (which is basically what I'm saying as it's a subsequent move to get Okafor who they really covet). They let Mirotic walk next year and pay Okafor. If they did that, they'd have $35+ Million tied up into the center position between Lopez, Okafor and Feliciano. Not really something you want to do as a rebuilding team tbh (trust me, I know what it's like to invest a ton of money into 5s lol).

That's the reasoning behind deal #1 so, in the grand scheme of things, it's far from laughable.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycod6del

Better? 

Iman is a bad player on a bad deal. When have the Bulls had interest for him? That dude has been on the block for a minute. Delly is a bad player on a worse deal. The biggest issue with that trade is Cleveland taking that deal back. That team isn't pushing itself into worse cap hell than it will be anyways without LeBron lol. Making a lot of mental leaps on that deal for two bad contracts to be moved and the Bucks taking on the one good player. 

Pit's alive and well man. I'm just callin it the way I see it. I'm not pressed at all 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Iman is a bad player on a bad deal. When have the Bulls had interest for him? That dude has been on the block for a minute. Delly is a bad player on a worse deal. The biggest issue with that trade is Cleveland taking that deal back. That team isn't pushing itself into worse cap hell than it will be anyways without LeBron lol. Making a lot of mental leaps on that deal for two bad contracts to be moved and the Bucks taking on the one good player. 

Pit's alive and well man. I'm just callin it the way I see it. I'm not pressed at all 

Dude, you're acting like the NBA isn't full of "bad players on bad deals" right now? Like 10% of the league is actually good or on a good contract lol. You're also assuming NBA GMs think like we do but we've already seen they don't. Dan Gilbert doesn't give two schits about money, hombre. It's essentially one more year for a player that LeBron loves.

But whatever, my man. Is what it is.

Oh and me and @CWood21 got a love/hate thing goin' right now. He knows how it is lmao.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Dude, you're acting like the NBA isn't full of "bad players on bad deals" right now? Like 10% of the league is actually good or on a good contract lol. You're also assuming NBA GMs think like we do but we've already seen they don't. Dan Gilbert doesn't give two schits about money, hombre. It's essentially one more year for a player that LeBron loves.

But whatever, my man. Is what it is.

I'm very aware of the new cap climate dude. And Dellevadova and Shump are bad contracts relative to all the other big money deals. Those guys are borderline rotation players that have peaked. And Delly has been proven to be unplayable in the playoffs, which is what they would "need" him for anyways lol. And I'd assume Dan Gilbert would care about the luxury tax moving forward with the decent possibility of LeBron leaving, wouldn't you? 

Just now, champ11 said:

I'm very aware of the new cap climate dude. And Dellevadova and Shump are bad contracts relative to all the other big money deals. Those guys are borderline rotation players that have peaked. And Delly has been proven to be unplayable in the playoffs, which is what they would "need" him for anyways lol. And I'd assume Dan Gilbert would care about the luxury tax moving forward with the decent possibility of LeBron leaving, wouldn't you? 

LeBron leaves, they'll be out of the lux tax window rather easily tbh. That's $33+ Million off his books plus the reasonable chance to unload Kevin Love for young assets. A $9 Million contract ain't going to affect it. They're in worse position next year in regards to the lux tax with Shump's $11 Million than they would be with Delly's $9. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

LeBron leaves, they'll be out of the lux tax window rather easily tbh. That's $33+ Million off his books plus the reasonable chance to unload Kevin Love for young assets. A $9 Million contract ain't going to affect it. They're in worse position next year in regards to the lux tax with Shump's $11 Million than they would be with Delly's $9. 

Hmm fair enough. Delly's is a worse deal than Shump's due to the extra year though. And that organization will have like 3 or 4 deals they will already want to try and unload if LeBron leaves. Cap space will always be valuable. Paying a bad player 10m bucks hurts if you are trying to stay competitive in any capacity. If they end up tanking then yeah, it don't matter. 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Hmm fair enough. Delly's is a worse deal than Shump's due to the extra year though. And that organization will have like 3 or 4 deals they will already want to try and unload if LeBron leaves. Cap space will always be valuable. Paying a bad player 10m bucks hurts if you are trying to stay competitive in any capacity. If they end up tanking then yeah, it don't matter. 

Yeah, I'm not fighting ya on the "bad players on bad deals" part at all. I'm just saying that NBA GMs can be dumb sometimes. I tried to be realistic in that model lol. Just S&G's anyways cuz none of it will happen but I went the quick fix route to make the Bucks more competitive.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, I'm not fighting ya on the "bad players on bad deals" part at all. I'm just saying that NBA GMs can be dumb sometimes. I tried to be realistic in that model lol. Just S&G's anyways cuz none of it will happen but I went the quick fix route to make the Bucks more competitive.

for sure. yeah it's crazy that there aren't many teams around the league open for salary dumps. that crazy offseason screwed so many players and teams 

49 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wish the cavs would look into robin Lopez. They’re in rebuilding mode and Cleveland really needs a center like him. I wonder if the cavs first and filler would be enough. 

I don't think Altman is going to want to give up any first rounders with LeBron heading into free agency. If LeBron still had a few years left on his deal? Then sure, but not now. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think Altman is going to want to give up any first rounders with LeBron heading into free agency. If LeBron still had a few years left on his deal? Then sure, but not now. 

Yeah, if they trade their 2018 1st, they won't have a first rounder til 2020 outside of Brooklyn's pick, obviously. Of course, the 2019 1st has top 10 protection for both 2019 and 2020, so I guess they'd be alright.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:37 PM, bkobow05 said:

@CWood21 I was obviously messing with you with the Randle thing, hombre. (He’s still not good doe)

So your reasoning behind not liking my trades is because “someone else will offer better” hey? I mean, that’s obviously been the case when people have traded for DeMarcus Cousins, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, etc. Let’s stop pretending like we know how things are valued in the NBA, yeah? 

Oh and Henson actually has 2/18 (2/20 cap hit) left on his deal after this season. ;)

Member when we weren’t gonna be able to get out from under Plumlee’s deal? Totally had to give up an asset to do it amirite. 

There’s nothing illogical about what I posted tbh

You asked for feedback on your trades, and when I do you get upset.  Remind me not to discuss trades again with you if that's the case.

I already explained why I don't think the first trade makes sense.  Chicago might like Shumpert, but they're not giving up a starting-caliber C for him.  They could theoretically get him for less.  So after the season they have nothing to show for that trade.  That's a deal breaker for me from Chicago's perspective.  On the Cavaliers' side, they're taking on future salary for no apparent reason.  Meanwhile, Milwaukee gets a starting-caliber C for a bad contract and a young player the Bucks clearly don't want on the active roster.  You'll have to excuse me if I think the Bulls could get a better package for RoLo, and the Cavs don't take on salary for the hell of it.

As I mentioned, I think a team whose in the playoff hunt this year would find value in O'Quinn that would be willing to give up a 2018 2nd.  2018 2nd > 2019 2nd.  Again, you'll have to excuse me if I think the Knicks can get a better deal for O'Quinn.

And Deng has 2 years, $36.8M left on his deal.  See, I can do it too.  We're a dozen games into the season, that contract counts towards this year until the deadline passes.  So unless this was a deal you were proposing next offseason, we can have that discussion.  Teams with cap space this upcoming offseason aren't just going to give it away for no reason.  A late 1sts or a pair of future 2nd doesn't change that.

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You asked for feedback on your trades, and when I do you get upset.  Remind me not to discuss trades again with you if that's the case.

I already explained why I don't think the first trade makes sense.  Chicago might like Shumpert, but they're not giving up a starting-caliber C for him.  They could theoretically get him for less.  So after the season they have nothing to show for that trade.  That's a deal breaker for me from Chicago's perspective.  On the Cavaliers' side, they're taking on future salary for no apparent reason.  Meanwhile, Milwaukee gets a starting-caliber C for a bad contract and a young player the Bucks clearly don't want on the active roster.  You'll have to excuse me if I think the Bulls could get a better package for RoLo, and the Cavs don't take on salary for the hell of it.

As I mentioned, I think a team whose in the playoff hunt this year would find value in O'Quinn that would be willing to give up a 2018 2nd.  2018 2nd > 2019 2nd.  Again, you'll have to excuse me if I think the Knicks can get a better deal for O'Quinn.

And Deng has 2 years, $36.8M left on his deal.  See, I can do it too.  We're a dozen games into the season, that contract counts towards this year until the deadline passes.  So unless this was a deal you were proposing next offseason, we can have that discussion.  Teams with cap space this upcoming offseason aren't just going to give it away for no reason.  A late 1sts or a pair of future 2nd doesn't change that.

Lol man, people here really think highly of themselves. Why is it when I counter it’s always cuz I’m upset? Because I’m abrasive? Sorry if I hurt your feelings with how I come off. 

Lol yes 2/36 totally compares to 2/20. Give me a ******* break dude. And the salary doesn’t matter when taking back the same amount of salary for this year, hombre. Thought you’d figure that but, alas, I give you too much credit.

And good on you to completely disregard literally everything else I’ve written in regards to my proposals in other conversations. 

Archived