Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Lol man, people here really think highly of themselves. Why is it when I counter it’s always cuz I’m upset? Because I’m abrasive? Sorry if I hurt your feelings with how I come off. 

Lol yes 2/36 totally compares to 2/20. Give me a ******* break dude. 

And good on you to completely disregard literally everything else I’ve written in regards to my proposals in other conversations. 

You asked for feedback on your trades, I give said feedback, and your retort was that "Let’s stop pretending like we know how things are valued in the NBA, yeah?"  I'm not exactly how I'm supposed to take that.

No, I wasn't implying that there was a similarity between the contracts.  Merely laughing at your attempt to sugarcoat the fact that Henson is overpaid.  You can put a bowtie on a pig, it's still a pig.  As I said before (and I'll say it a million more times), if a team is going to give up cap flexibility they're going to want real incentive to do so.  A late 1st or future 2nd doesn't really do that.  You have anything to disagree with that?  If your response is going to be "you don't know values", don't bother responding.  I put my opinion out there.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You asked for feedback on your trades, I give said feedback, and your retort was that "Let’s stop pretending like we know how things are valued in the NBA, yeah?"  I'm not exactly how I'm supposed to take that.

No, I wasn't implying that there was a similarity between the contracts.  Merely laughing at your attempt to sugarcoat the fact that Henson is overpaid.  You can put a bowtie on a pig, it's still a pig.  As I said before (and I'll say it a million more times), if a team is going to give up cap flexibility they're going to want real incentive to do so.  A late 1st or future 2nd doesn't really do that.  You have anything to disagree with that?  If your response is going to be "you don't know values", don't bother responding.  I put my opinion out there.

A team that needs assets isn’t going to pass up a presumed late 1st to take on a contract. Especially when it’s the same team that took on a worse contract for nothing at all. 

And that value thing wasn’t directed solely at you. It’s directed at all of us. Look at the rest of my conversations in here before you take offense. 

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

A team that needs assets isn’t going to pass up a presumed late 1st to take on a contract. Especially when it’s the same team that took on a worse contract for nothing at all. 

So...which team is going to take on Henson's contract for that late 1st?  I'm legitimately curious.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

The team I proposed. The same team that took Allen Crabbe for nothing. 

Follow along. 

Crabbe signed a 4 year, $75M offer sheet with the Nets.  The Nets acquired them a year later.  It stands to reason that the Nets liked Crabbe as much this past offseason as they did when they signed him to an offer sheet.  That isn't necessarily the case with Henson.

Keep being condescending, it suits you.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Crabbe signed a 4 year, $75M offer sheet with the Nets.  The Nets acquired them a year later.  It stands to reason that the Nets liked Crabbe as much this past offseason as they did when they signed him to an offer sheet.  That isn't necessarily the case with Henson.

Keep being condescending, it suits you.

Not my fault you didn’t actually read. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. 

Hmmm that's interesting, I wonder if both sides would consider a Beal for Cousins swap? Cousins is obviously better, but the contract is an equalizer. The Wiz should try and make a deal around Porter but that probably doesn't get it done. 

34 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think the Wizards and Pelicans need to talk with each other. they are both talented teams with some questionable fits. 

a trade centered around Cousins for Beal would work for both teams. 

pairing Beal/Davis and Cousins/Wall would be great

Would be awesome to watch boogie and wall. 

45 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Hmmm that's interesting, I wonder if both sides would consider a Beal for Cousins swap? Cousins is obviously better, but the contract is an equalizer. The Wiz should try and make a deal around Porter but that probably doesn't get it done. 

If I was the Wizards I'd trade Wall before I trade Beal. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Washington gets:

Cousins

A. Ajinca

1st round pick

New Orleans gets:

Beal

Oubre

Archived