Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

Just now, Raves said:

@Bianconero Love isn't a dump, he's an all-star and his contract is perfectly fine.  TT is a little overpaid but he actually does bring value to a team and isn't a contract you would dump as it would be hard enough to find someone that can give you what TT does with what money the Cavs would have.  Some team might be willing to take him on as part of salary matching as they make a post season run that needs someone that can defend multiple positions and rebound at an elite level.

Love's contract isn't "perfectly fine".  That's being generous.  He's due another $49.7M over the next two years, and he's not a top 2 option on a championship team.  At best, it's a push.  As for Tristan Thompson, he's a bit more than a little overpaid.  It's a bad contract.  Maybe not toxic, but it's definitely a bad contract.  They're going to have to attach assets to move him.

If it's true the Grizzlies want to compete would they take this trade:

SG Tim Hardaway JR

SF Lance Thomas 

PG Emmanuel Mudiay 

Pick #9 

2020 Top 12 Protected (2021 Top 7 Protected Draft Pick) (Top 3 in 2022) (If not conveyed by 2023, turns into 2 Second Rounders)

for 

SF Chandler Parsons

Pick #4 

Would give them the chance to still grab Mikal Bridges or whatever guy they have their eye on by staying in the top 10, get a back up PG, and two wings that can shoot the 3. Add in the other pick(s) and it looks sweet enough to entice them to me. 

For the Knicks, it would give them a higher chance to grab a star caliber player at the top of the draft. IMO the only way they should do this trade is if Luka Doncic is sitting at #4. Jaren Jackson Jr. wouldn't be bad either

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Can confidently say they wouldn’t, my man 

Whether you’re in agreement or not, they value  D’Angelo very highly 

You can value D'Angelo Russell as highly as you want, but the rest of the league probably doesn't have that same evaluation.  He's tremendously talented, but he's an inefficient scoring guard whose got one more year on his rookie contract and has dealt with knee injuries the past two years.  He's probably got more value to the Nets than he does the rest of the league.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You can value D'Angelo Russell as highly as you want, but the rest of the league probably doesn't have that same evaluation.  He's tremendously talented, but he's an inefficient scoring guard whose got one more year on his rookie contract and has dealt with knee injuries the past two years.  He's probably got more value to the Nets than he does the rest of the league.

I can agree with that potential analysis from the rest of the league. 

I just know how the Nets view him 

Any trade I see involving Kyrie Irving should be deleted from your mind. I want to throw something everytime I see some say that Rozier is a adequate replacement for him >:(

43 minutes ago, Naq said:

Any trade I see involving Kyrie Irving should be deleted from your mind. I want to throw something everytime I see some say that Rozier is a adequate replacement for him >:(

He kinda started it with his "an extension doesnt make sense" comments. You have a guy not willing to go to the table it makes you nervous. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

He kinda started it with his "an extension doesnt make sense" comments. You have a guy not willing to go to the table it makes you nervous. 

why would he go to the table when he knows he can make a lot more money by not signing the extension?

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Love's contract isn't "perfectly fine".  That's being generous.  He's due another $49.7M over the next two years, and he's not a top 2 option on a championship team.  At best, it's a push. 

He was the 29th highest paid player in the league last year, and is set to be the 27th highest paid next season, with several guys still to get contracts. I think that's perfectly fair market value for Love.

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I wouldn’t blame him for not wanting to commit to a team long term that is willing to trade you at the first sign of decline. He doesn’t want to be put into a situation like Blake Griffin is in with the Pistons after signing his long term deal. 

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Love's contract isn't "perfectly fine".  That's being generous.  He's due another $49.7M over the next two years, and he's not a top 2 option on a championship team.  At best, it's a push.  As for Tristan Thompson, he's a bit more than a little overpaid.  It's a bad contract.  Maybe not toxic, but it's definitely a bad contract.  They're going to have to attach assets to move him.

Love gets so much hate for being next to LeBron. No he is not a top 10, 15, or even 25 player in the league but the guy has played in the finals 4 years in a row and been a big part of that. He may not be a top 2 option, but as far as 3rd options, he is well above average. With the contracts that have been dished out across the league I am not sure how you can look at his as a bad contract...

14 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

Bledsoe and Henson for love. Lebron gets his buddy and Cavs shed a little salary after next season. 

I'd love that, but I don't think Mil would do that straight up. Maybe take back Delly's contract, send Jr Smith who only has 3.8m guaranteed after 2019. I still think they would want to swap picks, or maybe even shed Snell's contract to do it. 

Archived