Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK would any of the Atl, Mem, Dall, Orl , Chi posters on here do this trade.

Boston gives -

Rozier

Sac 2019 first

Lac 2019 first

for lottery pick 

I want Bamba for Boston

No.  I don't think any team is going to trade a guaranteed top pick this year for a potential top pick next year.  What happens if SAC and LAC 1sts aren't as high as they're projected?  They just traded a potential star for a couple of average staters.  I don't think Boston has the assets to get Bamba unless they're willing to deal Jaylen Brown.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Boston gives -

Rozier

Sac 2019 first

Lac 2019 first

for lottery pick 

I want Bamba for Boston

Not a fan of those teams, but I think, Atl and Dal might do it, Orlando might be too late as Dal might just take him if he's there rather than JJJr.  Memphis is looking for win-now pieces and might want Hayward + for #4 and Parsons

Just now, CWood21 said:

No.  I don't think any team is going to trade a guaranteed top pick this year for a potential top pick next year.  What happens if SAC and LAC 1sts aren't as high as they're projected?  They just traded a potential star for a couple of average staters.  I don't think Boston has the assets to get Bamba unless they're willing to deal Jaylen Brown.

Memphis might if they do a Hayward/Parsons swap.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I doubt it.  If they're dumping Parsons, they want cap relief IMO.

Well they also want to get back to winning 50 games next season which a young player/strictly cap relief won't do.  Also based on contracts it would need to be Parsons + McLemore(other piece) for Hayward due to his contract.  I personally think that their best option would be a team like the Cavs able to offer Love + Osman/Zizic so they get a young player to develop and a win now player, but other teams do provide some reasonable trades.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Well they also want to get back to winning 50 games next season which a young player/strictly cap relief won't do.  Also based on contracts it would need to be Parsons + McLemore(other piece) for Hayward due to his contract.  I personally think that their best option would be a team like the Cavs able to offer Love + Osman/Zizic so they get a young player to develop and a win now player, but other teams do provide some reasonable trades.

The problem is that if Hayward doesn't rebound, they're stuck with an even bigger and longer contract.  All for what?  They're dumping Chandler Parsons.  This is a deal that would make sense if Hayward was healthy.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is that if Hayward doesn't rebound, they're stuck with an even bigger and longer contract.  All for what?  They're dumping Chandler Parsons.  This is a deal that would make sense if Hayward was healthy.

Obviously the deal would only go through if Hayward had a full check-up by the Memphis doctors and were sure he'd be ready by August as expected.  Not sure what limitations there are on future picks, but if they were able to say that if Hayward for example isn't cleared to play by a certain date then the Sac or LAC pick gets added in, both if he misses the entire season etc.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Obviously the deal would only go through if Hayward had a full check-up by the Memphis doctors and were sure he'd be ready by August as expected.  Not sure what limitations there are on future picks, but if they were able to say that if Hayward for example isn't cleared to play by a certain date then the Sac or LAC pick gets added in, both if he misses the entire season etc.

There's a HUGE difference between being medically cleared and him showing that he's ready to play at a high level.  As for the limitations, I'm not sure there's any precedent for that as far as I'm aware.  It might be illegal, I don't honestly know.  I just don't think I've seen any protections on a pick that wasn't tied to where the pick fell.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a HUGE difference between being medically cleared and him showing that he's ready to play at a high level.  As for the limitations, I'm not sure there's any precedent for that as far as I'm aware.  It might be illegal, I don't honestly know.  I just don't think I've seen any protections on a pick that wasn't tied to where the pick fell.

True, but I just did a quick look at his expected recovery and cleared/ready to play I figured was one in the same based on the articles.

29 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Boston gives -

Rozier

Sac 2019 first

Lac 2019 first

for lottery pick 

I want Bamba for Boston

Throw in #27 this year and the Memphis 1st instead of the Clippers 1st and I wouldn't hang up the phone.  I probably wouldn't do it, though.

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Steve Kyler is reporting the Rockets are exploring trade for a lotto pick. How the heck would that happen?

Maybe a team wants Eric Gordon and would give up a late lotto?

Archived