Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

17 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

One of the dumbest contracts ever signed. There’s always been questions about his love for the game but magically he was great in his contract year. When will teams learn to ignore contract years?

In our defense we pretty much had to. He was our third attempt to get a sidekick for Kemba and we gave up too much to just let him walk in FA. Dallas was sniffing around too.

Trade Suggestion between Brooklyn & Washington

Brooklyn sends: G Jeremy Lin, F DeMarre Carroll (Both expiring)

Washington sends: F Otto Porter, Filler

---

John Wall's salary jumps to $37m (and rising) after this year and for the next four years.

Going into next season, as is, Washington will have $108m on their books for only 5 players: Wall, Porter, expiring Mahinmi, and Oubre on his final year-rookie deal.

That number only lowers to $98m (for four players) In the following off-season. For this year, this gives Washington a lesser, older Porter in Carroll, an immediate back-court depth/rotation upgrade in Lin, and significant tax savings across the following two seasons, allowing more economical support for both Wall & Beal.

The Nets would still have room for 1 max contract after this

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Trade Suggestion between Brooklyn & Washington

Brooklyn sends: G Jeremy Lin, F DeMarre Carroll (Both expiring)

Washington sends: F Otto Porter, Filler

---

John Wall's salary jumps to $37m (and rising) after this year and for the next four years.

Going into next season, as is, Washington will have $108m on their books for only 5 players: Wall, Porter, expiring Mahinmi, and Oubre on his final year-rookie deal.

That number only lowers to $98m (for four players) In the following off-season. For this year, this gives Washington a lesser, older Porter in Carroll, an immediate back-court depth/rotation upgrade in Lin, and significant tax savings across the following two seasons, allowing more economical support for both Wall & Beal.

The Nets would still have room for 1 max contract after this

You going to throw in a 1st rounder with those two for Washington too?

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Who says no?

Atlanta receives:
Chandler Parsons
Ben McLemore

Memphis receives:
Kent Bazemore
Dennis Schroder
2 2019 2nd Round Picks (highest and lowest of their 3)

Atlanta trades Schroder and Bazemore to make room for their young players and while Parsons makes the most, his contract expires before Schroder's.  They trade the 2 2nd rounders because of Schroder's extra year compared to Parsons and attitude issues.

Memphis wants to win (and won't have their 2019 1st rounder anyways) and Bazemore and Schroder both help.  With Evans a free agent and likely gone, Schroder can run the 2nd unit.  He's a ballhog, but Memphis needs that on their 2nd unit with a lack of scorers.  Memphis tried to sign Bazemore 2 years ago, and while he hasn't lived up to the contract, he's still a good defender and shooter and fills a huge need on the wing.  Memphis also gets 2 2nd round picks next year in a year they have no 1st rounder.

Id say this is a pipe dream for Memphis.

Doubt ATL is that willing to let them off the hook (Parsons) that easily.

A 1st or 2 would be needed in place of those 2nds if I had to guess.

Schroeder & Baze are still serviceable pieces that they could probably get a better trade made.

Just my IMO

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Id say this is a pipe dream for Memphis.

Doubt ATL is that willing to let them off the hook (Parsons) that easily.

A 1st or 2 would be needed in place of those 2nds if I had to guess.

Schroeder & Baze are still serviceable pieces that they could probably get a better trade made.

Just my IMO

Well Memphis would be letting Atlanta off the hook as well. It's no secret they've been trying to trade Schroder for months with no takers and his contract lasts longer than Parsons'.

This saves Atlanta money both short and long term, opens up playing time for both of their top 20 picks, and trades away a bad personality/attitude from their young players.

22 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Who says no?

Atlanta receives:
Chandler Parsons
Ben McLemore

Memphis receives:
Kent Bazemore
Dennis Schroder
2 2019 2nd Round Picks (highest and lowest of their 3)

Atlanta trades Schroder and Bazemore to make room for their young players and while Parsons makes the most, his contract expires before Schroder's.  They trade the 2 2nd rounders because of Schroder's extra year compared to Parsons and attitude issues.

Memphis wants to win (and won't have their 2019 1st rounder anyways) and Bazemore and Schroder both help.  With Evans a free agent and likely gone, Schroder can run the 2nd unit.  He's a ballhog, but Memphis needs that on their 2nd unit with a lack of scorers.  Memphis tried to sign Bazemore 2 years ago, and while he hasn't lived up to the contract, he's still a good defender and shooter and fills a huge need on the wing.  Memphis also gets 2 2nd round picks next year in a year they have no 1st rounder.

Probably Atlanta.  I mean, I guess it depends on whether or not you believe that Schroeder and Bazemore can rehab their value.  As for Memphis, they're taking on a LOT of long-term salary so that's probably a tough pill to swallow.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably Atlanta.  I mean, I guess it depends on whether or not you believe that Schroeder and Bazemore can rehab their value.  As for Memphis, they're taking on a LOT of long-term salary so that's probably a tough pill to swallow.

Yeah, it's not perfect for either team, but both teams have been trying and failing to trade all these players.  On Memphis' side it's essentially an olive branch to Gasol and Conley (moreso to Gasol) saying they'll pay to win through their contracts after blatantly tanking for a season.  On Atlanta's side they save money and free up time for their youth.

14 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Um, why? 

yea i mean, vucevic sucks and isn't a winning center in today's nba but getting rid of the delly contract would be awesome.

honestly i think it's a pretty fair trade. 

if we could someone dump henson, it'd be an A+ offseason

29 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

yea i mean, vucevic sucks and isn't a winning center in today's nba but getting rid of the delly contract would be awesome.

honestly i think it's a pretty fair trade. 

if we could someone dump henson, it'd be an A+ offseason

Why do we care so much about getting rid of Delly? I'd take his contract over Telly (retirement saves us there hopefully), Henson or Snell. He's got 2 years left and is an average bench piece. He doesn't hurt anything being on the roster. Next year he'll be an expiring deal and easy to move. I'm not packaging Bledsoe, Parker, Midds or Brogdon (our only positive non Giannis assets) to move any deal this off-season. I wouldn't mind the proposed above simply because Vucevic is better than Henson and keeps me from having to watch him start all year, but I'm not pairing Bledsoe with Delly just to move that contract. It wont be tough to move next offseason.

Snell is the only one I might give up an asset to rid myself of, that's because he's got what 4 years left?

Archived