Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Supposedly the Lakers offer is getting worse by the day.  From what I've read, they aren't even discussing it with the Spurs anymore and apparently starting to move on.  The only thing that's kept the door from being closed is the fact that the Lakers have left a chunk of cap space open.

if by chunk you mean like 6 million....

I have heard, from terrible sources, that the rockets and hawks have had talked about trading Ryan Anderson and two 1st round picks for Kent Bazemore.

I think it might be more fan wishing than anything, but it would benefit the rockets for sure to replace anderson with Bazemore. Hawks are in tank mode anyway, so a couple late 1sts to take on 4 million in salary isnt terrible for them. It doesnt hurt them next off season. 

56 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I have heard, from terrible sources, that the rockets and hawks have had talked about trading Ryan Anderson and two 1st round picks for Kent Bazemore.

I think it might be more fan wishing than anything, but it would benefit the rockets for sure to replace anderson with Bazemore. Hawks are in tank mode anyway, so a couple late 1sts to take on 4 million in salary isnt terrible for them. It doesnt hurt them next off season. 

Bazemore would be a great addition. 

4 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

The Heat are shopping guard Dion Waiters to multiple teams according to reports. 

Waiters is coming off an injury and is under contract for 2 more seasons ($26M)”

Another hilariously bad contract year contract. When will team learn??

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If I’m the Hawks I want 2021 and 2023 1sts. 

HOU-Carmelo Anthony

OKC-George Hill, Perkins and White's non-guaranteed contracts, TPE from Cle

CLE-Ryan Anderson, Kyle Singler, Future HOU 1st, two future 1sts from OKC

Houston gets Melo and rids themselves of Anderson's last contract year. They will be paying about 7 mil more for Melo this year, but having the financial room after this year while only sacrificing a late 1st likely doesn't hurt them

OKC is able to save around 13 million in salaries on top of way more than that in tax penalties by making the trade. White and Perk can be waived immediately, costing OKC nothing, and Hill has a ton of savings over Melo, plus he can be terminated after this season and only cost 1 million to buy out. 

Cleveland takes on salaries, but gets future draft assets. Also, for a team like Cleveland, taking on the extra year for Anderson isn't going to hurt them. It becomes an asset in that final contract year that they can potentially use to target a solid player via trade. 

27 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

HOU-Carmelo Anthony

Houston gets Melo and rids themselves of Anderson's last contract year. They will be paying about 7 mil more for Melo this year, but having the financial room after this year while only sacrificing a late 1st likely doesn't hurt them

OKC is able to save around 13 million in salaries on top of way more than that in tax penalties by making the trade. White and Perk can be waived immediately, costing OKC nothing, and Hill has a ton of savings over Melo, plus he can be terminated after this season and only cost 1 million to buy out. 

Cleveland takes on salaries, but gets future draft assets. Also, for a team like Cleveland, taking on the extra year for Anderson isn't going to hurt them. It becomes an asset in that final contract year that they can potentially use to target a solid player via trade. 

Those 1sts will likely be late 1sts, so why take on those bad deals for that?

8 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

HOU-Carmelo Anthony

I’m all in 

12 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

HOU-Carmelo Anthony

So...Houston turns Ryan Anderson into Carmelo Anthony for a FRP?  They probably have to give up more.  Oklahoma City turns Carmelo Anthony AND Kyle Singler into George Hill and give up two FRPs?  Probably giving up too much.  Maybe a single FRP at most.  Cleveland eats a TON of salary for late FRPs, so that's probably not going to happen.

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

What is Cleveland going to spend money on tbh

Taking on salary next summer for better prospects by teams wanting to clear cap for multiple max FAs, putting offers to RFAs on teams that are looking to make a run at 1 or more max FAs, or give money to guys like Cedi and Zizic now before they might end up being in line for a bigger extension after their final year.

If the salaries we were taking back were any longer, I'd expect us to avoid it. We aren't going to be players for free agents for 2019-20 season anyways. These moves keep us under the tax threshold, so we avoid that, and getting 3 #1 picks helps us build for the future. 

Archived