Official Name Poll- lets vote on what we think it will be

mar29020

Official Name Poll- lets vote on what we think it will be!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new team name be picked by Dan Snyder?

• Hogs
    • RedTails
    • Commanders
    • Warthogs
    • Redwolves
    • Armada
    • Monuments
    • Brigade
    • RedHawks
    • Defenders
    • RedHogs
    • Presidents
    • Washington Football Team
    • Groundhogs
    • Wolves
    • Wolfpack
    • Senators

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2022 at 11:49 PM

6 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Frankly, I am sick of all the speculation. 

1. I dont think its going to be Redtails, most fans didn't know about the Redtails until the name was suggested, and they still didn't buy in. How do you market nicknames etc...

2. What if, the whole trademark thing was irrelevant and that was a ploy to have it a complete surprise. 

3. Naming the team something which the fans have not shown a huge interest in, would be really bad for marketing and ticket sales. Fans are already pissed off, how much more would they be if the name was something they don't like. 

4. The logo has to be iconic. It has to be something recognizeable like the Cowboys Star, the Alabama A, the Yankees NY, the Green Bay G, basically something that you can look at with no words and instantly say, that is the [team x]. 

5. Recently, as of the last couple of months, the team had been looking at sites in Prince William County and Loudon County for their new stadium. They said it would be ideal to have it close to a major hub, which both counties can provide, so Redtails is not a given, unless the site is in D.C. itself. 

I definitely agree on the speculation the way they've handled this thing and frankly teased the fanbase for 9/10 months is annoying/infuriating whatever adjective you want to use for being frustrated or mad.

My hunch is still Redtails mainly because of what I said on the previous page which I'm not going to repeat bc it touches on race and it already got Ace going which wasn't my intent, it was just an opinion.

I have been thinking it could be something with Wolves & the entire trademark remarks by Jason Wright was another misdirection by the team so the fans wouldn't guess.

All I know is 2.2.22 can't come soon enough.

Just guessing here but Jason Wright specifically tweeting about the passing of the Tuskegee Airman and the Commanders sheet on JW leg to me was a little to obvious makes me think Red Tails has a shot at being the name. 
Maybe they’re both diversions, who knows. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

22 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

[removed]

Ace. I get that there are people who want to have these discussions about the state of the country and there are viewpoints that differ on what companies do as a reaction to that.

However, this is not the site to do it.

There are rules prohibiting the discussion of politics, race etc... here.

You know the rules.

You've been repeatedly asked not to post this type of thing here.

You've acknowledged that fact.

See my point above about the rules prohibiting you from doing it.

Here's your official warning.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

There was a brief time where that seemed to be the hot pick. Do you have new info, or is this your educated guess? 

The latter. 

Some things I saw really pointed to it, could be fakes, and I don't remember where on twitter I saw it, but it was from someone who ought to be in the know pointing out something like stars associated with it. I really wish I had something more to give you but I kinda just forgot the details. If we're talking about this or the field? I'll still take the field, but Admirals is the most likely IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

The latter. 

Some things I saw really pointed to it, could be fakes, and I don't remember where on twitter I saw it, but it was from someone who ought to be in the know pointing out something like stars associated with it. I really wish I had something more to give you but I kinda just forgot the details. If we're talking about this or the field? I'll still take the field, but Admirals is the most likely IMO.

Nah I know what you're referring too, so no worries. I was just wondering if you were posting it because you had like JUST seen something to say that.